Hernando authorities say history of d...

Hernando authorities say history of domestic violence preceded fatal shooting

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

We Need Sensible Gun Laws

Lombard, IL

#1 Dec 28, 2013
Friday, December 27, 2013 5:24pm

BROOKSVILLE A lengthy history of unreported domestic abuse preceded the death of Brooksville contractor Shawn Moore, who was shot by his wife, Jeanne, inside their Weatherly Road residence Thursday evening, the Hernando County Sheriff's Office said.

According to a Sheriff's Office news release issued Friday, Shawn Moore, 44, left home Wednesday, on Christmas Day, after a domestic dispute with his wife, but returned Thursday shortly before 6 p.m., at which time another disturbance ensued.

Authorities said they found Shawn Moore dead at the scene. They did not reveal how many times he had been shot.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 28, 2013
One gets the feeling that she shot him out of self defense.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri... "(Jeanne) was seeking help for a situation that was beyond her control," said Jimmy Brown, who represents Jeanne Moore. "She was extremely distraught. I don't think she had any other choice (than to shoot)."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral held for US soldier at center of Trump ... 2 hr Cat Fan 3
Davycrockett Trash 3 hr Random Forum Crit... 10
Five former US presidents unite for hurricane r... 5 hr LVPD is Incompetent 4
Congresswoman Frederica Wilson 6 hr TAAM 5
Shepard Smith 8 hr Davycrockett 5
WhiteTrash NFL Fans 8 hr CutSplitStacked 19
Man-turned-woman convicted of restroom sex assa... 11 hr Space ace 6

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance