GM offers big price cut on Chevy Volt

GM offers big price cut on Chevy Volt

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Volt owner

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 6, 2013
General Motors announced Tuesday that it will knock $5,000 off the sticker price of a new Chevy Volt, making it the latest electric car to be steeply discounted as automakers battle for buyers.

Customers will be able to get the discount on 2014 Volts, reducing the car's starting price from $40,000 to $35,000. Government tax rebates can bring the price down as low as $27,495, GM says.

thanks govt motors, I paid 44 k for my 2013, really appreciate my residual value now - no wonder America is going down.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#6 Aug 7, 2013
We call these sales, they drive volume & competition.
Scott

Cranberry Twp, PA

#10 Aug 18, 2013
I own a 2012 volt I purchased last October. I loved the notion of using electric from natural gas rather than oil from overseas. I felt that if GM could learn from my experience, then I would be partof the grand experiment. But, I Hate the car. Its too small, rides rough and, on long trips, becomes very ncomfortable. I wanted to trade. Coincidentally, I would have to throw in $5,000 to balance the deficit in value. I think GM should refund current original owners an amount equal to their price cuts.
John Lee Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Aug 18, 2013
Scott wrote:
I own a 2012 volt I purchased last October. I loved the notion of using electric from natural gas rather than oil from overseas. I felt that if GM could learn from my experience, then I would be partof the grand experiment. But, I Hate the car. Its too small, rides rough and, on long trips, becomes very ncomfortable. I wanted to trade. Coincidentally, I would have to throw in $5,000 to balance the deficit in value. I think GM should refund current original owners an amount equal to their price cuts.
Or, you can write it off as a very expensive, but well worth it, lesson: stop drinking the Kool-Aid!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#13 Aug 18, 2013
John Lee Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, you can write it off as a very expensive, but well worth it, lesson: stop drinking the Kool-Aid!
A common Trait among the Collectivist Left is the ability to use Newspeak, as delivered via the Kool Aid Talking Points, to "Present Well".

There is no there, there, and the Collectivist Leftist does not care that there is no there, there. What matters is the Bling, the superficial, the "Correct" appearances.

There was a time in America when these Dime Store Cowboys would be disdained and rejected......Today they are called the Leaders of the Peoples Demokrat Party of Amerika......and their Sheeple just say Bahayahayahahayh.

“GiveMe Liberty or GiveMe Death”

Since: Jun 13

Land of Liberty

#14 Aug 18, 2013
They just want to get rid of these vechiles now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renewable Energy Jobs up 16 Percent in Minnesota 42 min RedeemerWeinstein 4
Recall Senator John McCain 1 hr RedeemerWeinstein 10
Where is Mandalay Bay Security Guard ? 1 hr RedeemerWeinstein 3
NFL endorses criminal-justice reform bill 4 hr Davycrockett 17
Hillary is a Hot Mess 4 hr Davycrockett 8
Fast and Furious - The Next Chapter (Oct '12) 14 hr LIbEralS 16
Creepy hollywood libtard harvey weinstein Mon The Lumber Jack 95

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance