Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Don't worry; the dems will blame it on Bush, or something on Bush to quell their hearts.
Bob

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

This may cost him the support of rightwing conspiracy buffs. Oh no!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Can we get some birth certificates over here ???
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

real space ace wrote:
Right-Wing Benghazi Conspiracy Theories Destroyed By Star Witnesses
By Alan with 88 comments May 9, 2013 08:28
Listening to the shrieking Obama haters, you’d think the testimony of whistle blowers would be the end of his presidency. Not quite.
These myths were destroyed:
1. F-16s could have been sent to Benghazi
Gregory Hicks — a Foreign Service Officer and the former Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya — claimed during his pre-hearing testimony that fighter jets could have been flown over Benghazi, preventing the second wave of the attack from occurring.
Ranking Member Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) questioned that statement, asking Hicks whether he disagreed with Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff Gen Martin Dempsey’s assessment that no air assets were in range the night of the attack. Hicks didn’t disagree, saying he was “speaking from perspective” and what “veteran Libyan revolutionaries” told him, rather than Pentagon assessments.
2. Hillary Clinton signed cables denying additional security to Benghazi
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) used her time to take issue with this claim, asking all three witnesses about standard protocol for cables leaving the State Department. All three agreed with Maloney, that the Secretary of State’s name is placed at the bottom of all outgoing cables and telegrams from Foggy Bottom, whether the Secretary has viewed them or not, shooting down the GOP claim.
3. A Special Forces Team that could have saved lives was told to stand down
During questioning, Hicks confirmed that the team was ready to be deployed — not to join the fighting at the CIA annex — but “to secure the airport for the withdrawal of our personnel from Benghazi after the mortar attack.” Hicks also confirmed that it was the second such team to be readied for deployment, with the first having proceeded to Benghazi earlier. Despite the second team not deploying, the staff was all evacuated first to Tripoli, then to Germany, within 18 hours of the attack taking place.
4. The State Department’s Accountability Review Board isn’t legitimate
When asked point blank about the recommendations of the Board…the witnesses didn’t cooperate with the GOP narrative.“Absolutely,” Eric Nordstrom, the Regional Security Officer for Libya prior to the assault in Benghazi, answered when asked if he believes implementing the recommendations would improve security.“I had an opportunity to review that along with other two committee reports. I think taken altogether, they’re fairly comprehensive and reasonable.” Hicks, when questioned, said that while he had some issues with the process by which the Board gathered its information, he demurred on criticizing the report itself.
Excellent Post!
P C Free Zone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

real space ace wrote:
Bad day for liberals. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Barack Obama is slowly becoming richard nixon lite. The Brennan news makes it even worse.
"Richard Nixon Lite?" He never killed anyone, Nationalized the 3rd largest industry in the country, and sent weapons to terrorists and drug cartels. Nixon is a saint compared to Obama!
digger

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

FACT: Aircraft could have been flown from our air base in northern Italy. We have F-16s there, along with probably Blackhawks, C-130s, and other useful aircraft. It's only 1000 miles from Aviano air base to Benghazi. Fighter jets can cover that in less than an hour. A C-130 with paraptroopers or an assault team can get there in 3 hours. We have air refueling tankers in that area if we need them.

I don't know why we don't have a military base on Sicily, it would seem to be the perfect place to have a military base. We have them just about EVERYWHERE ELSE.
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

digger wrote:
FACT: Aircraft could have been flown from our air base in northern Italy. We have F-16s there, along with probably Blackhawks, C-130s, and other useful aircraft. It's only 1000 miles from Aviano air base to Benghazi. Fighter jets can cover that in less than an hour. A C-130 with paraptroopers or an assault team can get there in 3 hours. We have air refueling tankers in that area if we need them.
I don't know why we don't have a military base on Sicily, it would seem to be the perfect place to have a military base. We have them just about EVERYWHERE ELSE.
We have a base in Turkey with F16s. They are much closer than Italy and should have been able to make it there less than an hour at supersonic speed.

IMHO the best response would have been to dispatch all available military assets and make the airspace over Benghazi resemble a bees nest after hitting the nest with a stick.

I'll guarentee you the results of the Benghazi attack would have been different.
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

The Turkey AB is less than 1,000 miles from Benghazi. An F16 has a range of about 2,000 NM.

Of course the Commander In Cheif needs to approve the launch.
Neither of my Teeth

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Cheif ?? Guarentee ???"Man", you're clearly a moron...

OK we get it. This isn’t about justice. This isn’t about accountability, or Benghazi . This is the right wing starting the 2016 Presidential campaign 3 years early. It’s you dancing on the graves of four Americans to attack Ms. Clinton. Wow. I thought that attacking the presidents’ race was pretty low, but I completely underestimated just how low the right would stoop. Thanks for reminding us all that this isn’t in any way about the death of four Americans. It’s about using their deaths for political gain. No matter who runs in 2016 the American people will remember. Americans will remember how the GOP wasted time, effort and money to convene a kangaroo court to go after Ms. Clinton. It’s also a little sad and indicative of your cowardice when one considers how terrified the GOP is of her.

So the GOP has now held 9 hearings on Benghazi. Meanwhile there was 53 attacks on our embassies during W's presidency and the GOP held only 3 hearings then and there was no outrage.

Benghazi is the first time republicans pretend like they give a crap about government employees, two veterans, and a gay democrat.

Consider that both SEAL vets would have had their benefits cut, the civvies would be furloughed, and ambassador Stevens would only be considered 3/5ths of a person under the GOP.

So..teabaggers...can you wise up enough to knock off the political chicanery or should we Democrats just spend the next 4 years pointing out to the people that you've once again put politics over taking care of important stuff...like fixing the economy?
Neither of my Teeth

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Cheif ???

Sure, a jet is great, except in confused ground work, moron...

Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

real space ace wrote:
<quoted text>Your right. Why I'm I taking it easy on liberals? This man is a lying scumbag worse than Nixon. Let's face it........no one died in Watergate.
"Your right. Why I'm I..."

Good question ??? Let's face it, lots of folks died every presidency, STOOPID !!!!
Spammer Space Case

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

What a "man" ???
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Neither of my Teeth wrote:
Cheif ?? Guarentee ???"Man", you're clearly a moron...
OK we get it. This isn’t about justice. This isn’t about accountability, or Benghazi . This is the right wing starting the 2016 Presidential campaign 3 years early. It’s you dancing on the graves of four Americans to attack Ms. Clinton. Wow. I thought that attacking the presidents’ race was pretty low, but I completely underestimated just how low the right would stoop. Thanks for reminding us all that this isn’t in any way about the death of four Americans. It’s about using their deaths for political gain. No matter who runs in 2016 the American people will remember. Americans will remember how the GOP wasted time, effort and money to convene a kangaroo court to go after Ms. Clinton. It’s also a little sad and indicative of your cowardice when one considers how terrified the GOP is of her.
So the GOP has now held 9 hearings on Benghazi. Meanwhile there was 53 attacks on our embassies during W's presidency and the GOP held only 3 hearings then and there was no outrage.
Benghazi is the first time republicans pretend like they give a crap about government employees, two veterans, and a gay democrat.
Consider that both SEAL vets would have had their benefits cut, the civvies would be furloughed, and ambassador Stevens would only be considered 3/5ths of a person under the GOP.
So..teabaggers...can you wise up enough to knock off the political chicanery or should we Democrats just spend the next 4 years pointing out to the people that you've once again put politics over taking care of important stuff...like fixing the economy?
That's a knockout punch Champ!
P C Free Zone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>That's a knockout punch Champ!
Patting yourself on the back again, name changing troll? LMFAO! Oh well, that's all you got.
Neither of my Teeth

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Commenting your made up nonsense....LMFAO! Oh well, that's all you HAVE.
P C Free Zone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Speak of the devil and here it is. You're not fooling anyone, name changing troll. Must be lack of sleep that makes you so wretched. I pity you!
Neither of my Teeth

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Commenting your made up nonsense....LMFAO! Oh well, that's all you HAVE. Must be lack of sleep(comma) that makes you so wretched. I pity you!
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

P C Free Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Patting yourself on the back again, name changing troll? LMFAO! Oh well, that's all you got.
'm still the same redeemer,what about troll? also I can't pat my on back,so I just beat my chest,thats what winners do !
Neither of my Teeth

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

It's all SHE'S got, besides the icons... What a "life", DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKa, icons, and monikers.... LMAOROFU~!
P C Free Zone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text> I just beat my chest,thats what winners do !
That's what chimpanzees do, too. And, as you know, I once compared your Slewzer character to a trained chimpanzee. But, I meant no insult to the monkeys!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Proposed high-voltage power lines raise fears i... (Apr '09) 17 min witness 92
Muslim drivers refuse to work over Gay Games ad 47 min cantmakeitup 10
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 54 min LIbEralS 29,933
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LIbEralS 25,967
Bill Bans Whole Milk For Kids At Day Care 1 hr cantmakeitup 6
Obama Victory - US freeing Iran funds as Tehran... 9 hr Capt Crunch 9
Want Affordable Care Act to work 16 hr LIbEralS 23
•••
•••