Grieving Mother

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. My son was there and it was the same senario. Jail or Teen Challenge. They kicked him out and put him on the streets in August 2011 and in less than 24 hours my son was dead.
Daniel Ianson

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Grieving Mother wrote:
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. My son was there and it was the same senario. Jail or Teen Challenge. They kicked him out and put him on the streets in August 2011 and in less than 24 hours my son was dead.
I totally understand i to nearly ended up dead because of that place John 10 10 the theif comes to kill steal and destroy funny thats exactly wat teen challenge does
Brenda_D

Auburn, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

I have to say that I am sorry that some of us had to experience the negative side of Teen Challenge. However, The good does out weight the bad. I spent almost six weeks in a 3 by 3 corner, called the hole. The only place that I went was to the bathroom. I was there almost a week before one of the staff brought me a Bible. It was there that God called me, and completely released me of my past. No matter where I go or what I do, Teen Challenge follows me. My tears of horror experience have been healed. If I may say one thing to all that suffer. I would encourage you to use that pain to reach other souls. Heaven awaits us but hell is horrible and a lot more horror that what we went through. Give it up and release this because bitterness means Satan wins and that is forever familyhometies@yahoo.com
lol

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

donna brice wrote:
<quoted text> I lived there from 1972/1973. I was NOT a drug addicted or a troubled child. I was just a teenager!!! hoor stories I could tell. you can reach me on face book and befriend me "donna brice madison" or e-mail hotredcrossfire55@yahoo.com
you must be old now, lol like 85 or so by now, right? how are you, granny?
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

tammy Grubb Sweigart wrote:
<quoted text>I remember I ws there too 1979 and 1980 do u remember me ..... I know all about the closet,, and the scrubbing of floors,,,,,,How r u now
Hello!! I just came across this thread tonight. I have been looking on and off for information since 1979. My Sister was in TC then. She was murdered there. Please help. My parents won't talk about it and haven't since then!

I too remember the story about a closet, the bible, and food.
Joyce L

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Brenda_D wrote:
I have to say that I am sorry that some of us had to experience the negative side of Teen Challenge. However, The good does out weight the bad. I spent almost six weeks in a 3 by 3 corner, called the hole. The only place that I went was to the bathroom. I was there almost a week before one of the staff brought me a Bible. It was there that God called me, and completely released me of my past. No matter where I go or what I do, Teen Challenge follows me. My tears of horror experience have been healed. If I may say one thing to all that suffer. I would encourage you to use that pain to reach other souls. Heaven awaits us but hell is horrible and a lot more horror that what we went through. Give it up and release this because bitterness means Satan wins and that is forever familyhometies@yahoo.com
I haven't visited this site for awhile--am in touch through various "alumni" of the INDY TC, where I was for a few months in 1976. I was impressed by your post, and those of us who have shaken the horrors of that time and place, and gone on with God to find out that it was not He who commanded a sick, troubled Betty Violette to bring evil into a place that was supposed to be His. I love that you, like me, have USED 'that pain' to reach other souls. You DO have to "let go" of the bitterness, albeit for some it is much harder to do than others. The images of hell that some have witnessed and returned to tell about are of no comparison to the TC "house of horrors". I would encourage all who dare to GOOGLE and You Tube the vision of hell that God allowed Bill Weiss to witness in order to warn others. There are many who have glimpsed both heaven and hell, and the thing that is scary is that hell is FOREVER!! Please seek out what Bill experienced in his 23 minutes in hell. I also have compassion for the lost--you cannot force anyone to seek God and ensure their eternal destiny in heaven, but you can try to warn them that IF they are not a child of God and KNOW they are bound for heaven, then they might as well jump out of a plane with no parachute... My horrific INDY TC experience, though not near as severe as those who spent years there, is NOTHING compared to the real hell... Please DO NOT LOSE YOUR SOUL!
Joyce L

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

To Elizabeth-Nancy Bailey, Las Vegas, NV: Your "Part 2" post really touched me. How marvelous you were able to go to college, graduate summa cum laude, and become a Psychiatric Nursing Administrator!! I did not achieve that lofty a career, partly due to pre-exisiting debilitating depression and anxiety even before INDY TC--I was a housebound Agoraphobic with severe panic attacks for the years between high school and college, when even ON medication I could not work, go to school, drive a car, or even go to the mailbox on some days! I ended up at TC because my psychiatrist wanted to put me back on the adult inpatient psych. ward, and my parents would not HAVE it, so sent me to TC instead. The way I got out was to "plea bargain" with my dad that I would go to Evangel College in Springfield, MO. I went with a plan for suicide within the 1st week in the dorms, but God had different plans, and put up walls of protection, helping me through each day at a time. I started out sitting by the door in every classroom, and doing things to distract myself when I felt a panic attack coming on. By the end of my first semester, the panic attacks had mostly subsided. I went on to earn a B.S. in BOTH Psychology and Sociology cum laude and went year round including every summer session starting in Jan. 1977 through Dec. 1979. I still had years of running from God and being promiscuous doing things I should never have done, but God reached down and reminded me that I was HIS, and I re-consecrated my life to Him. I have been a Psychiatric Technician for many years, including other related positions, in both psychiatric and chemical dependency units, inpt. & outpt., in Indiana, Kentucky, and Missouri, working all units from ages 3 through 90. I have been in my present position for 11 years, and I give God all the glory for salvaging my life and keeping me from suicide several times, esp. in my teens and early 20's--I am 57 years old now, and the impact of how bad INDY TC was has never fully left, though I too, have suppressed and blocked a lot of memories. You spoke of how beautiful things looked that first year after your emancipation and escape. I recall the day I left, how vividly bright the green grass and trees were--as if I had never seen that vivid a green before. Your post "touched" me, and I just wanted to say "well done" to you for your life!!
Joyce L

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello!! I just came across this thread tonight. I have been looking on and off for information since 1979. My Sister was in TC then. She was murdered there. Please help. My parents won't talk about it and haven't since then!
I too remember the story about a closet, the bible, and food.
I am so sorry for your loss! There is nothing anyone could say or do that could make up for it. I pray you will put the blame where it is do, and not blame God for this tragedy.
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

["QUOTE who="Brenda_D"]I have to say that I am sorry that some of us had to experience the negative side of Teen Challenge. However, The good does out weight the bad. I spent almost six weeks in a 3 by 3 corner, called the hole. The only place that I went was to the bathroom. I was there almost a week before one of the staff brought me a Bible. It was there that God called me, and completely released me of my past. No matter where I go or what I do, Teen Challenge follows me. My tears of horror experience have been healed. If I may say one thing to all that suffer. I woulduse that pain to reach other souls. Heaven awaits us but hell is horrible and a lot more horror that what we went through. Give it up and release this because bitterness means Satan wins and that is forever familyhometies@yahoo.com[/QU
Hello. I'm the Sister of a girl that did not make it out alive. The good that came out of it, however was that she had given her life back to the Lord. Which is awesome. My parents too tried everything. My sister had written a poem. She said she "started her thing when she was nine". My parents, being Christians, dealing with my brother getting hit by a car, my Grandfather dying and my molestation at nine.....well, needless to say, my parents had no idea she was on drugs. They tried literally everything. TC was what they thought was their last hope. We live in Ohio. It wasn't a short trip and at the time very expensive for my parents. I remember the day we got to visit. We were given a tour of where she and the others slept. It didn't look bad. When she was able to leave tc for an outside visit or whatever they call it, I remember going to a pizza place there. The juke box was playing loud rock music and my sister asked them to turn it down. My little sister and her were very close. My sister had promised to take her to Kings Island when she got out as she would be getting her license and she would be released in about a month and a half.......... well, that day never came. We received a call while at church. Us girls in Missionettes and my brothers were in Royal Rangers at the time the call came. We were brought into the pastor's office and given the horrific news that our sister, their child, was dead. No, it wasn't an overdose. She was fifteen, serving the Lord. Because she knew too much I believe, they silenced her forever. She was fifteen. So the good, she was saved when she died. The bad, well, it's all bad. Please help with any information from 1979 that you can think of. I'm begging you. Somebody out there knows the truth. Please help. I would love to talk to MK about it as well if your out there. I like your stand.
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

cari wrote:
Deidre :) Hi its Cari. I posted my original post that you replied to 5 years ago. Opened this back up this evening. Just wanted to say thank you for your post and setting the record straight. I could never have iied or blamed someone for something like what happened to us then. It still haunts me. I'm glad that Betty Violet and Ruth Thulman were charged. Because that proves that there was justice. If my roomate and I hadn't went to the doctor and spoken up It would have kept happening. I just hope that parents listen and go into any kinda of program for their children with open eyes and hearts. That all children get the repect and help they deserved. How could christians not remember GOD loves all the children-they are precious in his sight. Where were "MOM"-Betty and Ruth during that song in church!!!??? Thank you again D.
Cari, Hello. My sister was there in 79 with you. Do you have anything you can share with me. Please read my post on page 59. Thanks so much. If anyone can tell me anything, I would greatly appreciate it. louise2365@yahoo.com
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Joyce L wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry for your loss! There is nothing anyone could say or do that could make up for it. I pray you will put the blame where it is do, and not blame God for this tragedy.
Hello...No I don't blame God. God didn't kill her, neither did drugs. Please read my longer post and respond if you have any information please! Seems like the ones who were there when my sister was there don't wish to comment on it or perhaps they haven't seen the thread yet. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I know there are at LEAST four woman who know exactly what happened to her, but are unwilling to come forth with the truth. It's fine. God knows who they are. But I'm truly hoping that they know our family has gone through much pain over the last thirty four years. God is a good God who has helped us cope. I just know if this was your sister and she died like MY sister died, at the age of 15, you would want more answers too!!!!!!
Bonnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

i seee wrote:
Bonnie who was your sister, and was this at the Indianapolis T,C, in the 1970's,If so this girl died of drugs she found in a cancer patients donation the womans husband brought in, The box this ladies stuff was in someone put under the stairs, at the new buiding, The girl was in the hole which was near the staircase, she took the meds an later told the staff, Then they called poison control an did not take her to the E.R,, an did not call the Medic's until she could no longer respond. They were responsible for her death, The girl took the meds early in the morning an died in late afternoon.

I am in total shock right now . I can't even speak out loud. I would really like to talk to you more to make absolutely sure we are speaking of the same young girl. I REALLY HOPE NOT! PLEASE EMAIL ME AT louise2365@yahoo.com
Bonnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

i seee wrote:
Bonnie who was your sister, and was this at the Indianapolis T,C, in the 1970's,If so this girl died of drugs she found in a cancer patients donation the womans husband brought in, The box this ladies stuff was in someone put under the stairs, at the new buiding, The girl was in the hole which was near the staircase, she took the meds an later told the staff, Then they called poison control an did not take her to the E.R,, an did not call the Medic's until she could no longer respond. They were responsible for her death, The girl took the meds early in the morning an died in late afternoon.

Hello. I also wanted to let you know I have been looking for more information about her death for a very long time. Please help me!! THANK YOU!!
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

cricket wrote:
<quoted text> i was a victim there as well i was in the boys house ....i left about 3 days after a girl named mindy died they did not call ems they just prayed over her mindy did she died she was 14 ....my nckname was cricket i suffer from post traumatic disorder... when i read the names ruth thullmanthere was a woman there named cornelious st. john ...not sure of spelling ... anyone who was there can email me at .....inroughdiamond@yahoo.com
Did you know Mindy? she was my sister. She died in may 1979. Please contact me at louise2365@yahoo.com Thank You!!
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Ronald Taylor wrote:
I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Betty Violette story prior to the Indianapolis years. I am 50 years old and from Valparaiso Indiana. I grew up third generation Assembly of God and my earliest recollection of Betty Violette is from around 1964. I can also tell you a couple of things about inconsistencies in the Teen Challenge founder's shuck and jive. I saw him preach in person in 1967 at Faith City Assembly of God Church in Michigan City Indiana. He was from Hammond you know. I have a very unusual memory. I was only 8 years old at the time, but I can quote exactly a few of the things he said that night. Betty Violette was an evangelist in the AG in those years and she could tell some whoppers. Reply if you'd like more info.
I hope you are still tracking. I need to know more!!! Thank You
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

itsy bitsy spidey wrote:
<quoted text> I was at indpl.t.c. from 1975 to early 1979,i still have old newsletters,that has group pics.
Hello! I live in Chillicothe and wondered if you have a group pic with my Sister Mindy in it?
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

tcsurvivorindy wrote:
i survived teen challenge indianapolis ... key word survived ...from 78 to 80 if you were there in that era and watched mindy davis die contact me at inroughdiamond@yahoo.com.... betty and ruth watched it happen we were locked in basements .i still have nightmare
If you are for real and your not looking to make money off of what happened to my sister, please reply with only one of the many names you are soliciting info with.
Bonnie

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Tamme Williams wrote:
Daily Teen Challenge crosses my mind. I was broken when I got to Teen Challenge in Indianapolis and when I left (after Mindy Davis died), I was worse. I spent so much time locked in the basement in a corner between two file cabinets. It seems that the abuse was never ending. I often have longed for justice towards Betty and Ruth and wondered why a class action law suit has not been started. I was robbed of my childhood. I was forced to watch a girl die....and Mindy's face still haunts me.
Hi Tammy. This is Bonnie, Mindy's younger sister. I have read nearly thirty pages of the posts tonight and it amazes me that her name is still brought up. I have read some horrible things that have happened to all who dealt with "those woman"! I would like to talk to you more and soon will be posting on the fb page for those against this facility. If you are able, will you email me at louise2365@yahoo.com Thanks soo much

Since: Aug 13

Vilnius, Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

The worst part of the teen challenge is the black-out month, where they can't contact anyone :/
Moody

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Joyce L wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't visited this site for awhile--am in touch through various "alumni" of the INDY TC, where I was for a few months in 1976. I was impressed by your post, and those of us who have shaken the horrors of that time and place, and gone on with God to find out that it was not He who commanded a sick, troubled Betty Violette to bring evil into a place that was supposed to be His. I love that you, like me, have USED 'that pain' to reach other souls. You DO have to "let go" of the bitterness, albeit for some it is much harder to do than others. The images of hell that some have witnessed and returned to tell about are of no comparison to the TC "house of horrors". I would encourage all who dare to GOOGLE and You Tube the vision of hell that God allowed Bill Weiss to witness in order to warn others. There are many who have glimpsed both heaven and hell, and the thing that is scary is that hell is FOREVER!! Please seek out what Bill experienced in his 23 minutes in hell. I also have compassion for the lost--you cannot force anyone to seek God and ensure their eternal destiny in heaven, but you can try to warn them that IF they are not a child of God and KNOW they are bound for heaven, then they might as well jump out of a plane with no parachute... My horrific INDY TC experience, though not near as severe as those who spent years there, is NOTHING compared to the real hell... Please DO NOT LOSE YOUR SOUL!
..........This is Moody's turn now.....You make me want to cry, Joycie, getting in here .....INDY TC........people did things to keep us all quiet.....I am lucky for my parents!!( They never did shut up, nor did I. Thank you, Daddy.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,161 - 1,180 of1,268
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance