Zimmerman Found Not Guilty, Technical...

Zimmerman Found Not Guilty, Technically, But C'mon

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Consistent

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jul 15, 2013
SANFORD, FL—More than 16 months after he fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in an altercation at a Florida condominium development, neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman was found, technically speaking, not guilty of murder Saturday, but c’mon.

Following two days of intense deliberations, a six-member jury determined that Zimmerman had, from a purely legal standpoint, not murdered Martin, a black teenager, in February 2012. According to jurors, Zimmerman lawfully acted in self-defense—but let’s be serious here, shall we?—when he shot Martin at point-blank range in the chest, leaving him dead within minutes.

“The jury acted within the letter of the law, I guess, if you want to be official about it, and acquitted Mr. Zimmerman of both second-degree murder and manslaughter charges,” said legal scholar Jeffrey Frazier about Zimmerman’s culpability in the events of February 26, 2012, which, trial or no trial, have been pretty clear all along, right?“Mr. Zimmerman did not violate any Florida state laws—although, please, give me a break—and is an innocent man, I suppose, if you’re sticking to the strict legal definition of that word.”

“And thus, this trial was properly conducted in full accordance with the U.S. justice system,” Frazier added.“For whatever that’s worth.”

The highly anticipated verdict was announced late Saturday evening, when the jury’s foreman informed the dozens gathered in the packed courtroom that, in purely technical terms, mind you, Zimmerman had been cleared of wrongdoing, using her middle and forefingers on both hands to pantomime quotation marks while stating the words “not guilty.”

“Is George Zimmerman, juridically speaking, guilty of a crime? Under the precise stipulations of this particular law, no, he wasn’t,” said the foreman, adding,“Although, I think we all know what happened here, don’t we? Seriously, don’t we? And so we the jury find the defendant, George Zimmerman, you know, Christ, I guess I have to say not guilty? Do I really have to say that?”
Anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 15, 2013
A jury unanimously found him not guilty after hearing the evidence. You found him guilty while your head was firmly stuck up your A**! where you couldn't hear a thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 5 hr Hello from sunny ... 37,489
Man-turned-woman convicted of restroom sex assa... 11 hr LVPD is Incompetent 5
WhiteTrash NFL Fans 12 hr Davycrockett 16
Ebony Star Famlies 12 hr The Elk Hunter 1
Black Eye For The FBI! Thu Davycrockett 7
Davycrockett Trash Thu Space ace 9
Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect ... Thu Davycrockett 9

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages