Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

A replacement worker at American Crystal Sugar Co.’s East Grand Forks, Minn., plant was seriously injured last month, suffering severe burns when he was hit with hot liquid that spewed from a tank, according to news reports.

The company has been operating with replacement workers since it locked out its highly trained 1,300 member workforce in August 2011. The locked-out workers are members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM) and worked at plants in Iowa, Minnesota and North Dakota.

According to the latest report, the injured worker, who the company refused to identify, was in critical but stable condition.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident. Last fall, OSHA cited American Crystal for widespread,“high gravity” and “serious” safety violations, including accumulation of combustible dust and failure to lock out equipment during maintenance and repair, and proposed nearly $50,000 in penalties.

Workplace safety experts say that experienced, trained workers who have the protection of a union contract can identify hazards and push for action to correct them and prevent serious and dangerous incidents. They say replacement workers operating at American Crystal facilities may be at much greater risk because of lack of skill and experience and a fear of retaliation for raising job safety hazards.

Feeding me pain with his sugar

Ending my life with his incompetence

Killing me softly with his sugar

Ending their whole lives ... with their incompetence
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Union workers who’ve been locked out of their jobs at American Crystal Sugar for more than a year and a half plan to hold their fifth contract vote on Saturday, April 13, Forum Communications reports.

Members last voted down the company’s contract in December with 55 percent opposing the offer. However, 90 percent of the union rejected the first two votes.

Roughly 1,300 workers at American Crystal factories in Minnesota, North Dakota and Iowa have been locked out since August 2011. The Moorhead-based co-op has been using replacement workers to run the plants.

The Star Tribune says it’s unclear how many workers will vote later this month because many have either retired or accepted other jobs.

I wonder if they will take the identical offer on the 5th vote?
Asylum Director

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
A replacement worker at American Crystal Sugar Co.’s East Grand Forks, Minn., plant was seriously injured last month, suffering severe burns when he was hit with hot liquid that spewed from a tank, according to news reports.
The company has been operating with replacement workers since it locked out its highly trained 1,300 member workforce in August 2011. The locked-out workers are members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM) and worked at plants in Iowa, Minnesota and North Dakota.
According to the latest report, the injured worker, who the company refused to identify, was in critical but stable condition.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident. Last fall, OSHA cited American Crystal for widespread,“high gravity” and “serious” safety violations, including accumulation of combustible dust and failure to lock out equipment during maintenance and repair, and proposed nearly $50,000 in penalties.
Workplace safety experts say that experienced, trained workers who have the protection of a union contract can identify hazards and push for action to correct them and prevent serious and dangerous incidents. They say replacement workers operating at American Crystal facilities may be at much greater risk because of lack of skill and experience and a fear of retaliation for raising job safety hazards.
Cut/Paste again and again.

Everybody that ignored your iddiotic non-point last time will not ignore it this time. No You are not Insane, Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is "Normal"!

You go Champ!

Jello Lover Too
Slewsies Cell Mate
Seattle West Insane Asylum
Bushwhacker

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

listen to this liberal

( highly trained 1,300 member )

what a joke -

++++++++++
Bushwhacker wrote:
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Look at the dishonest troll using my moniker and hating American workers...SO HAPPY, you LOST !!!
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Look at the dishonest troll using my moniker and hating American workers...SO HAPPY, you LOST !!!
Look at the dishonest troll pretending to be from Seattle and hating those smarter than him...SO HAPPY, you are a LOSER!!!
anti obiden

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
look at this dishonest, liberal, socialst, muslim loving troll, using my moniker ? slew thinks she has a copy right on all the moniker bullsh*t names?

58 million Conservative voters did not follow a muslim off the fiscal cliff, and we are not going away. Remember to blame all things bad on barry soetoro.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Interesting!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Minneapolis Discussions

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama administration on verge of collapse 6 min cowboy chris 55
Police Shoot Dog During Chase 12 min cowboy chris 12
Police: 2 Shootings In North Minneapolis As Pat... 2 hr Jerry Burnout 1
Vikings training camp 2 hr Jerry Burnout 14
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr sallygreen 26,195
Drop one word....add one word game 8 hr LOL 67
michele REFUSE to have sex with marcus 8 hr wearing the pants 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search