Chicago Public schools lays off over ...

Chicago Public schools lays off over 1000 teachers

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Scooby Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 22, 2013
Chicago Public Schools to lay off 2,110 teachers, support staff

CHICAGO The Chicago Public Schools has announced the layoff of about 2,100 teachers and support staff, blaming the move on the failure of the Illinois Legislature to enact pension reform.

The layoffs announced late Thursday are in addition to the approximately 850 layoffs in June the district attributed to the closing of about 50 schools it considered underutilized.

Chicago Public Schools to lay off nearly 850 workers
Chicago school closings have parents worried about safety

Among those laid off are 1,036 teachers, the remainder are support staff, including teacher assistants, food service employees and janitorial staff.

School district spokeswoman Becky Carroll says the district is facing a $1 billion budget deficit, much of it driven by a more than $400 million pension obligation.

Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis expressed surprise at the number of layoffs, saying she expected the number to be closer to 800.

Well, at least Karen Lewis can take comfort in a couple of Twinkies again.
Bushwhacker

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 22, 2013
Public schools laying off unneeded teachers, no wonder why taxes are so GB high. Not only are the parents not paying taxes by living on welfare but the schools are mismanged haveing excess unneeded teachers.
The Exorcist

Chester, PA

#3 Jul 22, 2013
They weren't needed. 75% of the black kids dropped out after failing gym class.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#5 Jul 22, 2013
When you can return a William's service, it will in your DREAMS, loser...
Scooby Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jul 23, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
When you can return a William's service, it will in your DREAMS, loser...
I didn't know that one of the Williams sisters was a Chicago Public Schools dropout.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#7 Jul 23, 2013
If you're going to list all you don't know & apply it to stuff nobody said, you're doing better, than ALWAYS.
Ivan Vasilyevich

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#8 Jul 23, 2013
Scooby Slew wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that one of the Williams sisters was a Chicago Public Schools dropout.
The animals are from the from the fine city of Comptom. They were home schooled. They read at an 8th grade level. Her daddy graduated from the 8th grade. Taught her to play with balls and read children's books.

"Price's five daughters: half-sisters Yetunde, Lyndrea and Isha Price, and full sister Venus. When the children were young, the family moved to Compton, California, where Serena started playing tennis at the age of four. Her father home-schooled Serena and her sister Venus[18][19] and to this day, Serena Williams was and remains coached by both her parents."
Poor cant

Seattle, WA

#9 Jul 23, 2013
Find a life....
Ivan Vasilyevich

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#10 Jul 23, 2013
Poor cant wrote:
Find a life....
I bet your granddaughter liked the taste of corn and peanuts. You made her eat what you didn't digest.
Ivan Vasilyevich

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#12 Jul 23, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Well, drinking, smoking, ruining the family, and faulty genetics SURE WON'T HELP !!
Nice "original" post, con...
Am I ANNOYING YOU ????
I bet your granddaughter liked the taste of smoke....
Tell me, did it make her cough & choke ?
You self centered drunk.... punk.
Smoke a whole pack, heart surgeons need OUR money.
I'm sure Con thinks your an Idd ieot like everyone else. You're so disliked you don't even know who you're responding to.
Scooby Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 25, 2013
Chicago Public Schools to lay off 2,110 teachers, support staff

CHICAGO The Chicago Public Schools has announced the layoff of about 2,100 teachers and support staff, blaming the move on the failure of the Illinois Legislature to enact pension reform.

The layoffs announced late Thursday are in addition to the approximately 850 layoffs in June the district attributed to the closing of about 50 schools it considered underutilized.

Chicago Public Schools to lay off nearly 850 workers
Chicago school closings have parents worried about safety

Among those laid off are 1,036 teachers, the remainder are support staff, including teacher assistants, food service employees and janitorial staff.

School district spokeswoman Becky Carroll says the district is facing a $1 billion budget deficit, much of it driven by a more than $400 million pension obligation.

Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis expressed surprise at the number of layoffs, saying she expected the number to be closer to 800.

Well, at least Karen Lewis can take comfort in a couple of Twinkies again.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#18 Jul 25, 2013
I'm announcing, I may lay off the whole staff.... Of course, it doesn't matter what I announce, until it's ACTUAL REALITY...

unless you're a bagger.

Poor baggers... LMAOROFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He ended the Iraq war 9 hr Normal is OK 13
Ben Carson: #BlackLivesMatter misfire 9 hr Phineas 19
Black Lies Matter to Disrupt State Fair! 14 hr Little Boy Blue 55
clinton probe extends to key aides 14 hr Yikes Reply 27
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 16 hr Intrepid Surfer 316
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 22 hr MensaDog 204
Witch hunt is over. 22 hr Mensa Toilet IT 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages