What if the armed teacher forgot their gun in the bathroom?

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Principal: Thanks for staying late on such short notice for this meeting, but this issue that arose today is very important. As most of you know, someone didn't use the staff restrooms, but used the student facilities. Someone then forgot his or her Glock 9mm in said student bathroom.

We'll be able to replace the toilets that were shot up, they were old and two of the three didn't work all that well anyway.

Teachers:[rumble mumble]

Principal: But that's not the point. The point is that you all had your one hour gun safety classes. Do I have to spend the training budget for more gun safety classes? Hmmm?

Teachers:[grmbl]

Think that sounds too fantastic? Too far-fetched?

Rep. Tony Cornish's (R-Good Thunder) said he plans to introduce bill to arm teachers. Personally, I think this idea is thunderously stupid.

Not everybody are geniuses like Tony Cornish.

Well consider this:

Just days after calling its newly hired armed security guard "a tremendous asset to the safety of our students," a Michigan school released a statement saying the retired firearms instructor had caused a "breach in security protocol" by leaving his handgun unattended in the school's bathroom.

Clark Arnold, formerly of the Lapeer County Sheriff's Office, was hired as a security officer by the Chatfield School in Lapeer following a review of security procedures in the wake of last month's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.

"It's probably slim to next to none that someone's going to be needed in the school, but it's that slim you have to worry about," Arnold told TV5 earlier this week.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I have to admit that this happened faster than I thought it would, but it was very predictable.

Has the NRA come out yet with a statement saying that we need an extra armed guard in every school to guard the armed guard that was put into place?

And an armed monitor to watch the armed guard that's watching the other armed guard to make sure that he's handling his gun properly.

Seems like the RIGHT plan ???
Get This

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Use the same process the airlines use.

IF members of the flight crew, the ones locked in the cockpit, would like to carry a handgun they can.

If they arn't confident they can do the right thing with a handgun then they don't need to carry one.

Same with teachers, some will feel comfortable that they can use a handgun in a responsible manner and others don't.

This isn't rocket science stuff. Each school must be defended by armed personal. If there are no teachers or other school staff with a defensive weapon then the school needs an armed guard.

AND the least expensive way to protect a school is to have the police department move to a school. In a one school rural town there would be no additional cost to protect the school because the police cheif would see to it the PD is always staffed.

Every school needs to have doors that preclude someone from walking in even by shooting the door/glass sidelights.

Again none of this is roket science, look at any Federal Reserve Bank. They all have hardened entries, perimiter fences, filmed windows, armed guards etc. And tose banks only hold money..

Schools hold defenseless kids.

Which is more important?

RIP brave SH-ES kids and staff, you deserved better protection.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Get This wrote:
Use the same process the airlines use.
IF members of the flight crew, the ones locked in the cockpit, would like to carry a handgun they can.
If they arn't confident they can do the right thing with a handgun then they don't need to carry one.
Same with teachers, some will feel comfortable that they can use a handgun in a responsible manner and others don't.
This isn't rocket science stuff. Each school must be defended by armed personal. If there are no teachers or other school staff with a defensive weapon then the school needs an armed guard.
AND the least expensive way to protect a school is to have the police department move to a school. In a one school rural town there would be no additional cost to protect the school because the police cheif would see to it the PD is always staffed.
Every school needs to have doors that preclude someone from walking in even by shooting the door/glass sidelights.
Again none of this is roket science, look at any Federal Reserve Bank. They all have hardened entries, perimiter fences, filmed windows, armed guards etc. And tose banks only hold money..
Schools hold defenseless kids.
Which is more important?
RIP brave SH-ES kids and staff, you deserved better protection.
Why is it that other first world countries don't need armed guards in schools to protect children? Instead of tacking the problem you would make it worse.
Get This

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 19, 2013
 
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that other first world countries don't need armed guards in schools to protect children? Instead of tacking the problem you would make it worse.
Why are armed guards on US airplains?

Why are armed guards protect cash at the Federal Reserve?

Why do ATM service staff have firearms?

Why do bank guards have firearms?

Why do many schools currently have armed guards on duty?

Why do off duty COPs carry firearms?

Why are IRS offices protected by armed guards?

Why are court houses protected by armed guards?

Why do private security guards carry firearms to protect buildings?

Why do COPs carry firearms to protect themselves and public and property?

Ths USA is not a third world country. We have many freedoms third world countries don't have AND many protections third world countries don't have.

We don't have honor killings, sex mutilations, lack of health care and food, very poor living conditions, lack of wealth that third world countries have.

IF the USA returned all crimminals to where they came from our crime rate would plummet.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poor soapy dope, if nobody had guns, the world would be safer...
CRASSUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Amused Slew wrote:
Poor soapy dope, if nobody had guns, the world would be safer...
The first thing Slew would do is check the "brown rings" on all the black boys to see if they stashed the gun up there.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Your obsession, but you are OBVIOUSLY REALLY GAY !!!
CRASSUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Amused Slew wrote:
Your obsession, but you are OBVIOUSLY REALLY GAY !!!
You are the "brown ring man" remember? Own it!!!!
Get This

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 19, 2013
 
There are many teachers who can't keep track of their keys or cell phones.

THEY should not have a gun.
Teachers are Stupid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 19, 2013
 
If they forget their cell phone or keys, they should also forget about about their teahing job. I don't want anyone that stupid (think Slewpid) teaching my kids.
Get This

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 19, 2013
 
Teachers are Stupid wrote:
If they forget their cell phone or keys, they should also forget about about their teahing job. I don't want anyone that stupid (think Slewpid) teaching my kids.
Unions!

Stupid teachers are booted from one school with NO record of why they were booted.

They get a new job at a different school and are booted again after being outed.

This cycle continues until they retire.

Thanks Unions!
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 19, 2013
 
Hey, dumb ass, the person that forgot their gun in the mens room was a non-union security guard.

You should at least know the facts before you post, Schmahl.
Teachers are Stupid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 19, 2013
 
Consistent wrote:
Hey, dumb ass, the person that forgot their gun in the mens room was a non-union security guard.
You should at least know the facts before you post, Schmahl.
Dumbass. Your whole made up scenario is garbage. Just like you.
Teachers are Stupid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 19, 2013
 
Why to all the jackasses like Dumbo want to allow more massacres like Sandy Hook? They will do whatever they can to leave kids unprotected. Dumbo hates kids.
hroola

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 19, 2013
 
youtube.com/watch...
Careless Mistake forgetting Gun in Bathroom,,,
then the Teacher isnt worthy of holding a Gun the Teacher should be banned and no Teacher needs a Gun in School
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 19, 2013
 
hroola wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=wzmf6c2BoL U …
Careless Mistake forgetting Gun in Bathroom,,,
then the Teacher isnt worthy of holding a Gun the Teacher should be banned and no Teacher needs a Gun in School
Why do the Adam Lanza's of the world only attack "Gun Free" zones?
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 19, 2013
 
Teachers are Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass. Your whole made up scenario is garbage. Just like you.
‘Firearms instructor’ hired as school guard leaves handgun in student bathroom

Source: Rawstory.com

A prosecutor in Lapeer, Michigan says,“No harm, no foul,” after a charter school took the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) advice and hired a armed security guard who promptly left his handgun unattended in a student bathroom.

Chatfield School co-directors Matt Young and Bill Kraly announced last week that they had hired retired Lapeer County Sheriff’s Dept. firearms instructor Clark Arnold as a security guard in response to the December mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.“It’s a tremendous asset to the safety of our students,” Young told WNEM in a report that aired on Tuesday.

But by Wednesday, the school had admitted to The Flint Journal that the retired firearms instructor had made a “made a breach in security protocol” and left his unloaded handgun unattended in the school restroom “for a few moments.”

“The school has put additional security procedures in place that follow local law enforcement practices and guidelines,” a statement from Young said.“At no time was any student involved in this breach of protocol. We will continue to work on improving school security.” The school director insisted that the incident had been reported to authorities, but said that any repercussions for the newly hired guard were “a personnel matter.”


Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/18/newly-h...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 19, 2013
 
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do the Adam Lanza's of the world only attack "Gun Free" zones?
Adam attacked a bar or state park ??? WHEN ???
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 19, 2013
 
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
‘Firearms instructor’ hired as school guard leaves handgun in student bathroom
Source: Rawstory.com
A prosecutor in Lapeer, Michigan says,“No harm, no foul,” after a charter school took the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) advice and hired a armed security guard who promptly left his handgun unattended in a student bathroom.
Chatfield School co-directors Matt Young and Bill Kraly announced last week that they had hired retired Lapeer County Sheriff’s Dept. firearms instructor Clark Arnold as a security guard in response to the December mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.“It’s a tremendous asset to the safety of our students,” Young told WNEM in a report that aired on Tuesday.
But by Wednesday, the school had admitted to The Flint Journal that the retired firearms instructor had made a “made a breach in security protocol” and left his unloaded handgun unattended in the school restroom “for a few moments.”
“The school has put additional security procedures in place that follow local law enforcement practices and guidelines,” a statement from Young said.“At no time was any student involved in this breach of protocol. We will continue to work on improving school security.” The school director insisted that the incident had been reported to authorities, but said that any repercussions for the newly hired guard were “a personnel matter.”
Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/18/newly-h...
Your phoney baloney scenario was about a teacher.

Why do the Adam Lanza's of the world only attack "Gun Free" zones?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
For a good, cheaper cigar, head to Wisconsin; M... 8 min Brown fingers and teeth 60
Minneapolis Public Schools aims for new level o... 33 min redeemer 1
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 1 hr redeemer 12
Will Michelle DUMP Barak 2 hr Judy 19
CBO Estimates U.S. Deficit Will Shrink More Tha... 2 hr redeemer 3
Obamacare Sign-Ups Hit 8 Million in Remarkable ... 2 hr redeemer 4
Koch Brothers Net Worth Tops $100 Billion as TV... 2 hr redeemer 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••