Dems: We are better off than four yea...

Dems: We are better off than four years ago

There are 3586 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Dems: We are better off than four years ago. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

Expect to hear variations on this theme all week: things are better than they were four years ago, and will get better.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

AMUSED Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#3881 Nov 13, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
Democrats must all be taking drugs.
Agree, they either are on drugs or have used drugs.

Who is buying the billions of illegal stuff coming across the border, Libertards?

The drugs make them dumb.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#3882 Nov 13, 2012
So, THAT would make your pal Rush Limbaugh a liberal, with the illegal Oxycontin, right fake slew ???

Poor fake slew, stupid sticks to you like that dead animal smell... LMAOROTFCUI~!
Annw

West Plains, MO

#3883 Nov 13, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since it is Congress that runs things then that would make the Tech Boom and bust as well as the 2001 recession and 9-11 and the subprime mess the Republicans fault. And lets not forget, Republicans have had half of Congress since 2010.
And don't forget that for about 2/3 of Bush's time in office he had a Democratic Congress so don't blame the whole subprime mess on Republicans cause that's a bunch of bull and you know it as well as I do! And if 9-11 was the Republicans fault cause it happened on our watch then I guess the Libya mess going on now is the democrats fault cause it's your watch now. No blaming Bush on this one!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#3884 Nov 13, 2012
Annw wrote:
<quoted text> And don't forget that for about 2/3 of Bush's time in office he had a Democratic Congress so don't blame the whole subprime mess on Republicans cause that's a bunch of bull and you know it as well as I do! And if 9-11 was the Republicans fault cause it happened on our watch then I guess the Libya mess going on now is the democrats fault cause it's your watch now. No blaming Bush on this one!
Yeah, 911 and Libya are comparable and sub-prime is one word... Poor dummy... LMAOROTFU~! Ps- We blame Bush, because HE LIED ~!
Yikes

Saint Paul, MN

#3885 Nov 13, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you a question. A very simple question. Answer the question.
Asked. The past tense of "ask" is "asked". Ignorant baggers don't even speak their native tongue.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#3886 Nov 14, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>I looked at your article and I answered your question. Now answer mine.
no you didn't
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#3887 Nov 14, 2012
Yikes wrote:
<quoted text>Asked. The past tense of "ask" is "asked". Ignorant baggers don't even speak their native tongue.
If I had been black I would have said ax.

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#3888 Nov 14, 2012
Annw wrote:
<quoted text> And don't forget that for about 2/3 of Bush's time in office he had a Democratic Congress so don't blame the whole subprime mess on Republicans cause that's a bunch of bull and you know it as well as I do! And if 9-11 was the Republicans fault cause it happened on our watch then I guess the Libya mess going on now is the democrats fault cause it's your watch now. No blaming Bush on this one!
Annw, for 75% of Clintons time in office and 75% of bush the son's time in office Congress was controlled by Republicans (with the exception of part of one year that the Dems had the Senate.)

Republicans control 50% of Congress during Libya, Syria, Iran......
clint

Saint Paul, MN

#3889 Nov 14, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Annw, for 75% of Clintons time in office and 75% of bush the son's time in office Congress was controlled by Republicans (with the exception of part of one year that the Dems had the Senate.)
Republicans control 50% of Congress during Libya, Syria, Iran......
You idiot, Libya, Syria, Iran are all your boy's call. Deflect is the radical's credo, no one's buying it however.

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#3890 Nov 14, 2012
clint wrote:
<quoted text>You idiot, Libya, Syria, Iran are all your boy's call. Deflect is the radical's credo, no one's buying it however.
You are one of the few idiots here. Playing games between a Presidents responsibility and Congresses responsibility. If you don't know what the conversation is about, go ahead and make your party comments. That is what Republicans do.
clint

Saint Paul, MN

#3891 Nov 14, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the few idiots here. Playing games between a Presidents responsibility and Congresses responsibility. If you don't know what the conversation is about, go ahead and make your party comments. That is what Republicans do.
Not only are you ignorant, you're a liar.

Moron

"TEXT OF A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
TO THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AND THE PRESIDENT PRO TEMPORE OF THE SENATE
March 21, 2011
Dear Mr. Speaker:(Dear Mr. President:)
At approximately 3:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, on March 19, 2011, at my direction, U.S. military forces commenced operations to assist an international effort authorized by the United Nations (U.N.) Security Council and undertaken with the support of European allies and Arab partners, to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and address the threat posed to international peace and security by the crisis in Libya. As part of the multilateral response authorized under U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973, U.S. military forces, under the command of Commander, U.S. Africa Command, began a series of strikes against air defense systems and military airfields for the purposes of preparing a no-fly zone. These strikes will be limited in their nature, duration, and scope. Their purpose is to support an international coalition as it takes all necessary measures to enforce the terms of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973. These limited U.S. actions will set the stage for further action by other coalition partners....

For these purposes, I have directed these actions, which are in the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States, pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct U.S. foreign relations and as Commander in Chief and Chief Executive.
I am providing this report as part of my efforts to keep the Congress fully informed, consistent with the War Powers Resolution. I appreciate the support of the Congress in this action.
BARACK OBAMA
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#3892 Nov 14, 2012
Yep, best war to date and all to the credit of President Obama.... Too bad you war monger morons didn't learn from this great success.

Since: Jul 12

Greenbelt, MD

#3893 Nov 14, 2012
clint wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you ignorant, you're a liar.
Moron
"TEXT OF A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
TO THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AND THE PRESIDENT PRO TEMPORE OF THE SENATE
March 21, 2011
Dear Mr. Speaker:(Dear Mr. President:)
At approximately 3:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, on March 19, 2011, at my direction, U.S. military forces commenced operations to assist an international effort authorized by the United Nations (U.N.) Security Council and undertaken with the support of European allies and Arab partners, to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and address the threat posed to international peace and security by the crisis in Libya. As part of the multilateral response authorized under U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973, U.S. military forces, under the command of Commander, U.S. Africa Command, began a series of strikes against air defense systems and military airfields for the purposes of preparing a no-fly zone. These strikes will be limited in their nature, duration, and scope. Their purpose is to support an international coalition as it takes all necessary measures to enforce the terms of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973. These limited U.S. actions will set the stage for further action by other coalition partners....
For these purposes, I have directed these actions, which are in the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States, pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct U.S. foreign relations and as Commander in Chief and Chief Executive.
I am providing this report as part of my efforts to keep the Congress fully informed, consistent with the War Powers Resolution. I appreciate the support of the Congress in this action.
BARACK OBAMA
Hey idiot head. Someone else was trying to blame Congress for similar things (back when it was a Democrat Congress). My post was just to remind them what that meant for Republican controlled Congresses. Stop being a dipstick if you aren't going to follow the whole conversation fool.

BTW: The address [Dear Mr. Speaker:(Dear Mr. President:)]
on what you posted is incorrect along with numerous other errors in the memo. If the memo really existed you could link to it.

Since: Jul 12

Greenbelt, MD

#3894 Nov 14, 2012
clint wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you ignorant, you're a liar.
Moron....
Here is part of the original conversation liar:

Annw wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget that for about 2/3 of Bush's time in office he had a Democratic Congress so don't blame the whole subprime mess on Republicans cause that's a bunch of bull and you know it as well as I do! And if 9-11 was the Republicans fault cause it happened on our watch then I guess the Libya mess going on now is the democrats fault cause it's your watch now. No blaming Bush on this one!
To which I replied:
okb wrote:
<quoted text>
Annw, for 75% of Clintons time in office and 75% of bush the son's time in office Congress was controlled by Republicans (with the exception of part of one year that the Dems had the Senate.)

Republicans control 50% of Congress during Libya, Syria, Iran......
Get the point or are you still a Republican?
Anne

Branson, MO

#3895 Nov 18, 2012
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>You must work for Rush Limbaugh! Obama is the most honest President ever,rommey is a crook and he's proud of it.
Did you hear his latest LIE? he claims somebody stole his previous tax records.that's like the dog ate his homework excuse.
Say what, Obama is the most honest President we ever had? He's lied to us over and over again and continues to do so over the Libya situation too, take off your blinders!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#3896 Nov 18, 2012
Nice proof, as usual... LMAOROTFu ~! See 911...

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NICK TURGES Fan

Bradenton, FL

#3897 Mar 3, 2013
Trolls wrote:
<quoted text>"This anti American rhetoric is juvenile, especially when" you could have just saved space and said, "I blame Bush".
.......... who were those ''heros'' from the trail of tears''........ were Capt.medina , Lt.calley , Quisling mascari , Anthony Dalsimer , Eliot abrams , Rhesus Mascari , AHO HUGHES , Evabraun hughes and crazy eddie nekritz ''heros''........ was ariel sharon and moshe dayan heroic when they attacked the unarmed USS LIBERTY.......... Was isaac kidd and JOHN Mccain heroic when they covered up for osama ben gurion and GANEV GOTLIEB..........see BY WAY OF DECEPTION , SUPERMOB and the goldstone report.
Schmahl Spew

Poland

#3898 Mar 3, 2013
We really ARE a lot better off now than 4 years ago - Wall Street is approaching all time highs, unemployment is down....

Judged:

22

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#3899 Mar 3, 2013
Schmahl Spew wrote:
We really ARE a lot better off now than 4 years ago - Wall Street is approaching all time highs, unemployment is down....
shhhh, it's secret.

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#3900 Aug 30, 2013
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
People make statements like that and I like to hear the answer.
So, who are you voting for. Care to make a little bet?
wow.
looks like I was right.
Obama won: as I predicted.
and domestic safety net programs weren't eliminated, but their budgets have been gutted.
.
(just saying)

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Carolina 27 min Tellitlikeitis 2
Minneapolis Gay Pride Parade 31 min Tellitlikeitis 7
95% of people at pridefest were gay white boys 39 min Tellitlikeitis 1
Donald trump cooler than rosie O'Donnell 45 min Tellitlikeitis 7
Are the Muslims in Charge of 4th of July Firewo... 51 min Tellitlikeitis 10
I'm Sorry 1 hr LGBT Crassus 5
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 2 hr Karma 169
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages