Nice Ride loans out 140 bikes in low-...

Nice Ride loans out 140 bikes in low-income neighborhoods

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Nice Ride loans out 140 bikes in low-income neighborhoods. In it, TwinCities reports that:

Nice Ride Minnesota, the Twin Cities bicycle-sharing system, is loaning out 140 orange bikes for the next four months to new riders in low-income neighborhoods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

cowboy chris

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 29, 2014
Another racist example of Twin Cities policies. Low income people aren't concentrated in certain neighborhoods, they live everywhere. And, how many bikes will be stolen from the liberal high-crime, poverty infested ghettos? Your tax dollars at play again.!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 29, 2014
cowboy chris wrote:
Another racist example of Twin Cities policies. Low income people aren't concentrated in certain neighborhoods, they live everywhere. And, how many bikes will be stolen from the liberal high-crime, poverty infested ghettos? Your tax dollars at play again.!
This seems to me to be a case of singling out low-income people to make them ride bikes. How come they have to ride bikes when everybody else has a car? It sounds a little descriminatory to me.
Bellweather

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 29, 2014
St Paul tried this once before and the yellow bikes vanished. What's interesting about criminals is they damage/destroy free stuff given to them. It's like biting the hand that feeds them.

Of course this is another good example of Government (Liberards) repeating an excercise that has failed once and having the ignorance to "think" the outcome will be different the second time.

I mean how phocking stupid can they be?
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 29, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
This seems to me to be a case of singling out low-income people to make them ride bikes. How come they have to ride bikes when everybody else has a car? It sounds a little descriminatory to me.
Geez, don't say that..... Some politician will get the idea to park a bunch of free cars there, paid for out of the taxes we pay.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 29, 2014
PB in Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, don't say that..... Some politician will get the idea to park a bunch of free cars there, paid for out of the taxes we pay.
It would only be fair... right?
Mexican

Green Bay, WI

#6 Jul 29, 2014
cowboy chris wrote:
No! Your tax dollars. You're the idiot who lives in Minneapolis.
cowboy chris

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 30, 2014
Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>No! Your tax dollars. You're the idiot who lives in Minneapolis.
I also have a house in Florida where I will gladly move permanently when I can sell my Minneapolis properties. The property taxes here are about $10,000 a year, in Florida $1200.(not that it's any of your business, but I have a bi-polar X who I care for here, also)
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 30, 2014
Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>No! Your tax dollars. You're the idiot who lives in Minneapolis.
You actually think Mpls taxpayers are footing the whole bill for this? Dream on.
Bagman

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 30, 2014
PB in Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually think Mpls taxpayers are footing the whole bill for this? Dream on.
My guess is your Medicare expenses out weigh any small contribution you make in taxes. You're welcome.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 30, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is most likely connected to michelle's exercise program. To get folks moving about. Since supposedly the higher number of the obese are those in poverty.
Plus, those who legally have vehicles either bought them or someone close to them gifted them the vehicles.
Saul Alinsky

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 30, 2014
Bagman wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is your Medicare expenses out weigh any small contribution you make in taxes. You're welcome.
From my book:

RULE 5:ďRidicule is manís most potent weapon.Ē There is no defense. Itís irrational. Itís infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

Keep up the good work Bob.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats call for impeachment 5 hr Space ace 71
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 hr WHAT 36,895
Davy crockett fake news Sat Phineus 16
Dems lose montana special election Fri Davycrockett 9
Aaron- Mortalenama May 26 Eat BBQ 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) May 25 WildLifeLover 700
Does anyone remember the Rendezvous in Minneapo... May 25 Curious 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance