Iowa baby died after being placed on stove-top

Authorities say a 5-month-old Newton boy burned to death in his car seat when the seat was placed on a glass stove top that was accidentally turned on. Full Story

“Ignorance should be painful”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#42 Apr 2, 2010
MN Sucks wrote:
Wow after reading these comments I can see how Jesse the Body Ventura became governor of this state. it was an accident and you are reading 1 paragraph and making judgement. These people lost their child in a horrible accident and you are all calling them idiots. Karma baby...karma. You will all get yours
First of all, this happened in Iowa, not Minnesota, so your dig against Jesse Ventura is inappropriateóand wrong.

Secondly, they ARE idiots!! That the idiocy of this person, or persons, resulted in tragedy doesnít negate that sad reality. There are accidents and then there are idiotic mistakes that responsible, clear-headed people donít make. This incident is among the latter, and charges of the neglect and wanton disregard for the babyís safety and well-being are certainly warranted.
You are so smart

Saint Paul, MN

#43 Apr 2, 2010
The Big Bopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true liberal. Maybe you could get some stimulus money and do a research project?
It would be nice if we could learn more on why people do the things they do and try to prevent more heinous behavior/crimes we see in the news that creates outrage. I think more has to be done with scientific research, but just saying "spoken like a true liberalĒ doesnít help any. By the way, Iíve voted republican 99.9% of the time. The brain has to be the root of all these crazy behaviors and crimes. Just saying their stupid, dumb, and or we should fry'em isn't going to help at all and quite frankly sounds naÔve.
You are so smart

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Apr 2, 2010
goofy wrote:
dam! stupid white people.
dam, another stupid comment
Seriously Stupid

Perry, MI

#45 Apr 2, 2010
Can people really be that Stupid? Come on, seriously? There needs to be charges brought! How about Neglegence for starters! There has to be a law against stupid people doing stupid things that actually kill someone, especially a baby/child!

Now that it was ruled and accident and no charges made, watch how this happens again down the road! Unthinkable!

Get a clue people~
Wasp

Minneapolis, MN

#46 Apr 2, 2010
These two should be put in a mental facility until they are beyond breeding age. No one in the justice industry seems to care about children. If this couple isn't guilty of a crime, they are definitely mentally incompetent.
Liberals suck

Minneapolis, MN

#47 Apr 2, 2010
Wide Stance Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Still mad about losing the election and not having your cronies back in government offices running the economy down the hole?
I hate to point this out to you but your hero already has run this country down the hole. Take your head out of you back side. As for these people they have to be complete morons to leave a baby on a stove unattended. I could see if it was for a minute or so to let the dog out or put it in another room. To allow this to occur is totally irresponsible and they should not have had a child in the first place.
vfah

Caledonia, OH

#48 Apr 2, 2010
Tooner wrote:
Why didn't they just put the dog in the oven?
Are you relateds to these people? Just wondering since you're obviously intellectually challenged.
Sad

Saint Paul, MN

#49 Apr 2, 2010
You are so smart wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't I, but maybe because you asked a rhetorical question? We don't need to be persuaded that it was a dumb decision on the part of the parents. For some, asking that question might have been as stupid as the decision to put the baby on the stove; of course itís not ok. However, I know you're not stupid because you had the good sense to be open minded and learn what might have been clueless about your question. Thatís just my guess.
It looks like someone took the "clueless" judgement away from my comment about asking MN Sucks if they would put their child on top of the stove or on something high off the ground. I was asking MN Sucks specifically since they think it was a horrific accident. I was just curious if MN Sucks thought it was appropriate to put their child on a stove and/or something high off the ground.
Heck

Plymouth, MN

#50 Apr 2, 2010
After putting the baby in a fry pan, the parents were off to making a new baby.

Liberals have no issue with this because the feel partial birth abortion is just fine, this was just a little late abortion, OK.

The public education system is a bit flawed.
Hastings

Saint Paul, MN

#51 Apr 2, 2010
so sad.....
You are so smart

Saint Paul, MN

#52 Apr 2, 2010
Seriously Stupid wrote:
Can people really be that Stupid? Come on, seriously? There needs to be charges brought! How about Neglegence for starters! There has to be a law against stupid people doing stupid things that actually kill someone, especially a baby/child!
Now that it was ruled and accident and no charges made, watch how this happens again down the road! Unthinkable!
Get a clue people~
Just be thankful you're not one of them. You think if we charged them that this wouldn't happen again or something like it?
You are so smart

Saint Paul, MN

#53 Apr 2, 2010
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like someone took the "clueless" judgement away from my comment about asking MN Sucks if they would put their child on top of the stove or on something high off the ground. I was asking MN Sucks specifically since they think it was a horrific accident. I was just curious if MN Sucks thought it was appropriate to put their child on a stove and/or something high off the ground.
Well lets hope he doesn't think it's okay. If he does, I don't think he would have the IQ to even use a computer.
sad

Prior Lake, MN

#54 Apr 2, 2010
W.T.F.!!!!! How in gods name could this happen! This poor baby!! How dumb do you have to be to put a baby on a stove for f* sakes!!!
And "to keep the dog away"!? Get rid of the mutt if it's a danger to the child you morons!
anon

West Fargo, ND

#56 Apr 2, 2010
Tooner wrote:
Why didn't they just put the dog in the oven?
Tooner - you are dang funny!!!
Bill Smith

Mount Pleasant, SC

#57 Apr 2, 2010
Natural selection does get to work sometimes without government interference.
Sad

Saint Paul, MN

#58 Apr 2, 2010
You are so smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets hope he doesn't think it's okay. If he does, I don't think he would have the IQ to even use a computer.
I hope they don't think it is okay, but the fact that they are saying we're all making judgements off of a 1 paragraph article makes me question MN Sucks' IQ.

I don't care if it was 1 paragraph or 1 sentence, the fact that these people made the poor decision of placing their child on a stove is reason enough for everyone to pass judgement on them. I'm concerned for if MN Sucks does have any children.
You are so smart

Saint Paul, MN

#59 Apr 2, 2010
sad wrote:
W.T.F.!!!!! How in gods name could this happen! This poor baby!! How dumb do you have to be to put a baby on a stove for f* sakes!!!
And "to keep the dog away"!? Get rid of the mutt if it's a danger to the child you morons!
I don't think God has anything to do with it.

Since: Mar 09

Saint Paul, MN

#62 Apr 2, 2010
Meh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was an accident, but really, a STOVE?
How do you figure it was an accident? How long do you supposed the baby had to have been on top of the stove to die? Which means the parents sit the baby down as they would have a purse and didn't come back to get it till NEVER - morons having children should be outlawed! Child neglect, child endangerment manslaughter....these are a couple of charges I could see happening.
sad

Prior Lake, MN

#63 Apr 2, 2010
You are so smart wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think God has anything to do with it.
It's a figure of speech.
You are so smart

Saint Paul, MN

#64 Apr 2, 2010
I think there are three sides to every story and rarely do all the facts come out in a one paragraph article or the truth for that matter. In part, I think that is his point. So many of us are quick to react. Think about a time you have been judged? None of us like being judged, but we sure like judging others. However, we absolutely should be very concerned with the fact that a baby died in this manner; which I know you are. The fact that heís not quick to react leads me to believe that he does have reasoning skills and a high enough IQ that would prevent him from hurting his kids - If he indeed has any. The people that are quick to react are the ones that scare me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED 2 hr Ron 9
Mall of America Protest 2 hr Ron 14
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Earthling-1 33,474
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) 17 hr LIbEralS 29
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 19 hr American_Sons 13
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 19 hr Martin Scott treptow 84
8 dead in aussie stabbing 22 hr Space ace 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web