Minimum wage: Agreeing on $9.50 an hour, lawmakers differ on inflation indexing

Mar 5, 2014 Full story: St. Cloud Times 29

There's no chance the Senate will approve a minimum wage bill that includes an adjustment for inflation, Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk said Tuesday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#38 Mar 17, 2014
OneOfTheBobs wrote:
<quoted text>
IrishBagger, is that you?
It's obvious by the lack of sources. Sounds more like NSP.
What fact do you dispute?
OneOfTheBobs

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Mar 18, 2014
Trigger wrote:
<quoted text>
What fact do you dispute?
I dispute the fact that you understand anything that you read Mr Magoo. My post pointed out you named no source.

It is true however you can't just book a cheap flight and become a native in Hawaii. There is a whole different economy for them. You will never have access to it. That's the IrishLiar factor in your post. Leave out facts.
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#40 Mar 18, 2014
OneOfTheBobs wrote:
<quoted text>
I dispute the fact that you understand anything that you read Mr Magoo. My post pointed out you named no source.
It is true however you can't just book a cheap flight and become a native in Hawaii. There is a whole different economy for them. You will never have access to it. That's the IrishLiar factor in your post. Leave out facts.
It takes a little time to become a resident anywhere, Minnesota etc. Once you live in Hawaii for a period of time you may them take advantage of their welfare just like any other state, like Minnesota.

Welfare rules are dictated by the Feds by rules they have on Federal assistance. Welfare people understand the game.
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#41 Mar 18, 2014
OneOfTheBobs wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your source?
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#43 Mar 19, 2014
Hey, it's the Progressive way... to get more votes - put people in the position to need the governemnt.

New Express Employment Professionals Survey of Employers Shows 38% of Those Who Pay Minimum Wage Will Lay Off Workers If Wage Is Hiked.

Express Employment Professionals released the results of a survey asking employers about the impact a minimum wage hike will have on their businesses. If the minimum wage were raised to $10.10 an hour, as President Obama has proposed, 38 percent of employers who currently pay employees minimum wage say that they would have to let some employees go to cover the cost.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11...
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#44 Mar 19, 2014
OneOfTheBobs wrote:
<quoted text>
And your "source"?

Are you implying the government of Hawaii discriminates against non-natives? IF they do that they can get in trouble with the Feds. Especially if they discriminate against African Americans like President Obama.

OneOfTheBobs

Saint Paul, MN

#45 Mar 20, 2014
Trigger wrote:
<quoted text>
And your "source"?
Are you implying the government of Hawaii discriminates against non-natives? IF they do that they can get in trouble with the Feds. Especially if they discriminate against African Americans like President Obama.
Google Kama'aina. Maybe you'll learn something today. You're welcome.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#46 May 5, 2014
IrishMN wrote:
$9.50? Cheapskates!
If you want to eradicate poverty,$9.50 won't do it. Make it $25 an hour AND mandatory full benefits with a employer paid, defined benefit retirement program where they are eligible at age 55.
Come on Democrats. Don't cheap out on your loyal supporters.
You talk, they listen:

Appearing on Crossfire on Friday, co-host Newt Gingrich asked Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) whether it was a good idea for the mayor of Seattle to propose a minimum wage of $15 an hour. Lee said, "good for him."

"In California, more than likely from what I remembered, a living wage where people could live and take care of their families and move toward achieving the American dream was about $25,$26 an hour," Lee said.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#47 May 5, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk, they listen:
Appearing on Crossfire on Friday, co-host Newt Gingrich asked Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) whether it was a good idea for the mayor of Seattle to propose a minimum wage of $15 an hour. Lee said, "good for him."
"In California, more than likely from what I remembered, a living wage where people could live and take care of their families and move toward achieving the American dream was about $25,$26 an hour," Lee said.
Did Mr. Gingrich have the sense to ask her what the hell a "living wage" in California has to do with a $15.00 minimum wage in Seattle?
Nothing but diversion and deflection from these politicians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama state of the b#llsh!t 2 hr FOVR 48
Is a Black Woman's Vagina Deeper than a White W... 2 hr FOVR 4
What Time is the Jap Getting BeHeaded? 3 hr Barry Suzuki 7
Gas Tax 4 hr FOVR 14
Another Black Attorney General 6 hr FOVR 8
Obama is Clearly a Muslim 6 hr FOVR 166
Leaving White Trash Bay 7 hr Beheaded Jap 18
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out