That's no guarantee; that's just Favre

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Brett Favre wants to clear up something: He didn't guarantee a victory over the Dallas Cowboys. Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Sherm

AOL

#1 Jan 15, 2010
All week the national media has been wiping the floor with the Vikings.
ESPN has shown the "hail mary" game, and any clip of anything that has gone wrong this year for the Viks is shown over and over.They even drug out
Hershall Walker to say he thinks of himself as a Cowboy because they are a team you can respect.......... Even the local media( like this lame story right here) is giving the team the back of their hand.......... Strange that a lot of the " local " media people here are from the likes of Chicago, Wisconsin, NY..
and they admit they do not like the Vikes , that this is their job.

So.......... I have changed my prediction to 45 to 10.......... I want the Vikes to get up big, and keep pouring it on.
David d

Cottage Grove, WI

#2 Jan 15, 2010
Maybe if they were playing in Dallas but there is no way the cowboyz will win in the Metro Dome.45 to 10 sounds right to me.Hopefully Jared will get to Bi##h slap Romo at least one time. GOOOOO Vikings!!
Maplegal

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 15, 2010
It is amazing how the sports media ask for Brett's opinion and then we he gives it, they twist his words around to make hay out of it.

I would hope he would be positive and pump up his team. He has never shown disrespect towards any opponent and never would.

Just leave the guy alone and let him play football the way he knows how. He leaves everything on the field every game, got to appreciate that.

I haven't seen a major sport figure enjoy his game as much as Brett, in MN since we had Kirby Pucket. It's refreshing, it has rubbed off on his teammates too.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Jan 15, 2010
Dallas is has been a perennial SB pick for years, being loaded with talent, but absolutely lacking when it came to the playoffs. The win against Philly was too easy, and the familiarity will not be there with Minnesota.
Spread out that defense and watch the yards pile up.
Pick your poison cowgurls, death by pass or death by run.
Joe

International Falls, MN

#5 Jan 15, 2010
Want some bulletin board material how about Sensabaugh's indirect statement of the Vikes can't beat us we would have to beat ourselves or the way we are playing right now we can't be beat. Thats better fodder. Go Vikes!!!!
Mark

Fort Atkinson, WI

#6 Jan 15, 2010
We owe that franchise (Dallas) as much pounding as we can possibly administer, given our history with them starting in the '75 playoffs. They are the NFL darlings with their stadium, their rich owner, their glitz and glamor. But to me they're just the stinkin' Cowboys who have not won a road playoff game since about 1993. We owe them, and I expect we'll be in good shape come late Sunday afternoon.
Go, Vikes!
Jaocb

Walkersville, MD

#7 Jan 15, 2010
Sunday, just hurry and get here already! I can't wait! Go Cowboys!
Deer Tracks

Yankton, SD

#8 Jan 15, 2010
Jacob wrote:
Sunday, just hurry and get here already! I can't wait! Go Cowboys!
What we have here, is someone who does not know the different between Cow Poop and peanut butter..On the game upcoming, the Vikings will need to remember that if they don't win, they can kiss their new stadium goodbye...Nobody will foot the bill for a team that can't make it worthwhile....Another item. Let us hope the officiating will have all those blind as a bat referees doing what they are paid to do! Officiate a fair game. I do believe the teams should be allowed more official challenges then the number allowed at this time..Only one problem with that: Somebody will have to show Childress just which pocket he has the flag in, or have the water boy close by to get it for him.....
No guarantee

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jan 15, 2010
Just local reports trying to create a story where there isn't one (see 'schizm', 'Favre/Childress sideline spat', etc)
Keep It Simple Stupid

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jan 15, 2010
So what if Brett said that? All he has to say is, dang right I expect to win. A winner and leader should expect nothing else ever. As Sean Connery said, "Losers try their best. Winners get to go home and f$%K the prom queen."

Man, I hope they beat them and there is no arguing that they were manhandled. AP, it's time to actually break some BIG runs. And hang on to the football.
Doubting Thomas

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jan 15, 2010
40for60 wrote:
Dallas is has been a perennial SB pick for years, being loaded with talent, but absolutely lacking when it came to the playoffs. The win against Philly was too easy, and the familiarity will not be there with Minnesota.
Spread out that defense and watch the yards pile up.
Pick your poison cowgurls, death by pass or death by run.
For all intensive purposes the NFC should have had a playoff format with only 5 teams. The talent difference between the NFC 5th and 6th seed was huge this year. Philly made the playoff based on a six game winning streak against non-winning record teams. So beating Philly was not that great of a feat.

Same can be said about beating the Saints. As early as week 6 teams were figuring out how to beat the Saints and up until the Dallas game the Saints kept winning because of either devine intervention or the opposing team didn't have the personnel to hold the Saints back. Look at what happened after Dallas beat the Saints, the Buc's did the same thing.

Now you have a media is heaping praise on a team with an environment of arrogance. From owner to ball boy the Cowboys feel they are the gift of the NFL (think about it "America's Team"). This praise is going to breed an over confidence in a coach who is as light as our coach and a QB who will make one mistake and then compound it with another.

I believe the Vikings will win because no one gives them the respect. I also believe that next week in the NFC Championship against the Cardinals the Vikings will be in the same position they are this week, everyone predicting the Cardinals will win.
Straight cash homey

Duluth, MN

#12 Jan 15, 2010
It's been years since I realized how much I hate the Cowgals - not as much as the Puckers mind you - but seriously, it's going to be fun to watch this arrogant team tuck their tails between their legs and sulk back to Dallas. To me this team is still that 7-5 mess they were a month ago and the Vikes should have little problem exposing an average team disguised as a contender. And once that happens the next target should be that idiot Trent Dilfer...

“The real Muskratbob”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Jan 15, 2010
Well fellow Vikings fans only two days left till our season is done. Lets look back at the start of a good year and the last month fall into the toliet. First, begining of the year the pass rush was unstoppable, 31 sacks first eight games 14 the last eight. The only time AD has been seen in a game is when he fumbles, the secondary is in shambles and we will be lucky to keep Favre upright. Well the begining was fun but if you're a Vikings fan you know how it ends one and done, and usually in an embarrassing fashion, to bad this Favre thing is going to be a wasted project. Skoal here's to next year.
NeoViking

New York, NY

#14 Jan 15, 2010
"We'd have to beat ourselves to lose," Sensabaugh told Dallas reporters. "The way we're playing right now, I don't think we can be beat."

THAT'S bulletin board material for the Vikings right there!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!
reneg8d69

Thibodaux, LA

#15 Jan 15, 2010
Leave it the press to open mouth and incert foot, just another way to stir the pot of crap they are always slinging. I have faith in the Vikings and the 12th man, the fans in the Dome. Go Vikings..yes the Cowboys are hot right now but they are playing the chilly Minnesota Dome, ha ha..
Doubting Thomas

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 15, 2010
muskratbob wrote:
Well fellow Vikings fans only two days left till our season is done. Lets look back at the start of a good year and the last month fall into the toliet. First, begining of the year the pass rush was unstoppable, 31 sacks first eight games 14 the last eight. The only time AD has been seen in a game is when he fumbles, the secondary is in shambles and we will be lucky to keep Favre upright. Well the begining was fun but if you're a Vikings fan you know how it ends one and done, and usually in an embarrassing fashion, to bad this Favre thing is going to be a wasted project. Skoal here's to next year.
A true, purple bleeding, Viking fan would NEVER say such a thing!!!
Dicky

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 15, 2010
Why is the media always trying to re-create Joe Namath's guarantee? Of course both Favre and Sensabaugh think that their team is going to win. If anybody on either team said anything else, they should be cut from the team.
The only thing that should really be considered "bulletin board material" is if a player cuts down the opposing team or opposing player. In each of these statements, this has not been the case. The player just has confidence that their team is going to win. Period.

Since: Apr 09

Hastings, MN

#18 Jan 15, 2010
muskratbob wrote:
You are a Pinhead....to say the least.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!
Indyfan

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jan 15, 2010
When folks said Harvin was a no good pot smokin problem I wrote here that he would be a great draft pick and Viking. When Brett first turned down Chilli and said he would stay retired I had a dream about him coming to the MPLS airport and wrote here that he would absolutely be a Viking this year. Last week, I said that the Vikings would beat the Cowboys 24 to 10...nothing has changed. Super Bowl here we come!
Denise

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jan 15, 2010
Leeeeeeeeave Bret alooooooooooooooooooone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 10 min litesong 34,111
Woman, 22, missing after leaving Dinkytown bar 12 hr Billionaire Dayton 3
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 13 hr _Zoey_ 214
Spring Break Fun 13 hr FOVR 1
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 20 hr FOVR 336
Hillary Camp Threatens Journalists 20 hr FOVR 8
Somali elders learn mediation to integrate comm... 20 hr FOVR 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance