Senator calls for boycott of Arizona All Star game

There are 1342 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 10, 2010, titled Senator calls for boycott of Arizona All Star game. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Sen. Robert Menendez is urging the Major League Baseball Players Association to boycott next year's All Star Game in Phoenix over the recently passed Arizona law to crack down on illegal immigrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 68
Next Last

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#1 May 10, 2010
Arizona rocks
NObama

El Paso, TX

#2 May 10, 2010
Robert Menendez doesn't represents the American people.

He represents illegal aliens.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3 May 10, 2010
What's the big deal?
TootSweet

Boise, ID

#5 May 10, 2010
Arizona has done absolutly nothing different than the Federal laws that are on the books THAT THE FEDS REFUSE TO ENFORCE!!!!

Enough of the Football you political poges!
Wizconie

Amery, WI

#6 May 10, 2010
Anyone with extra tickets? I'll take em.

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#7 May 10, 2010
If I could go I would go! All AZ is doing is enforcing a law on a state level that is a federal law that the feds have not enforced since the 1990's.
Shady Lady

United States

#8 May 10, 2010
No one who was going to attend the All Star game will listen to a word Menendez says. Their boycott will be as successful, as the call for people to boycott the state. Democrats live in a little blue bubble that floats above the Universe.
Snagglepuss

Saint Paul, MN

#9 May 10, 2010
L.A. Teacher Calls for Mexican Revolt in the U.S.

And some Senator is worried about a baseball game?
dumass

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 10, 2010
Baseball sux. It's too danm expensive today.
Peter

Houston, TX

#11 May 10, 2010
I went to an Astros game against the Diamondbacks because of the "boycott". Yep, even got myself a hat! I had a good time harassing some protestors too. They really didn't like it when I told a group of them that the country really doesn't need any more uneducated peasants. They don't get what so many of us do.

Funny, but I asked a cop if he wasn't tempted to use his gun. His response, "no comment."
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 10, 2010
So does this childish anti-American Menendez have a clue how many players both in the majors and minors are Latino? Oh, the liberal irony of it all.

Love the Twins, but my second fav team JUST became the AZ Diamondbacks.
TEA

Saint Louis, MO

#15 May 10, 2010
Menendez and his ilk have become the enemy from within, destroyers of the Constitution, traitors, sell outs and unamerican.

They would rather coddle and protect the Illegal alien invaders than to enforce the Immigration laws that protects America, Americans and our sovereignty ....

The are responsible for the Illegal alien invasion. They are responsible for the murders of 15-25 Americans EVERY day by the Illegal alien invaders.

The are a clear and present danger to America, Americans and the rule of law.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#17 May 10, 2010
Peter wrote:
I went to an Astros game against the Diamondbacks because of the "boycott". Yep, even got myself a hat! I had a good time harassing some protestors too. They really didn't like it when I told a group of them that the country really doesn't need any more uneducated peasants. They don't get what so many of us do.
Funny, but I asked a cop if he wasn't tempted to use his gun. His response, "no comment."
lol! The Astros have the second worst record in baseball.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18 May 10, 2010
So why doesn't Mendez call for a boycott of the Washington Nationals? Washington D.C.'s immigration laws contain EXACTLY THE SAME language as Arizona's law! In fact, Washington D.C.'s laws existed first!! C'mon, Mendez, be consistant!
Or be a hypocrite.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19 May 10, 2010
Menendez is not the only one:

"An Arizona sheriff said today that he has 'no intention of complying' with the state's controversial new immigration law, calling it 'abominable' and a 'national embarrassment.'

"....
The defiance by Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik was perhaps the sharpest rebuke to Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer for signing into law last Friday a bill that empowers police in the state to stop people they suspect may be illegal immigrants and demand identification."

Location hidden

#20 May 10, 2010
Dupnik needs to remember that Sheriff is an ELECTED position.
He'll need votes if he wants to keep his job.
His refusal will be remembered at the polls.

Location hidden

#21 May 10, 2010
Peter wrote:
Best use of, "no comment" I've ever heard!!
tired

El Paso, TX

#22 May 10, 2010
I am so sick and tired of these senators with an "agenda" of their own. Please write to your congressman and senators and tell them how you support this law. These "special interest" groups are distroying what our men and women have fought for for years. People!!! remember it is not about racial profiling--its about being in this country legally!!!! I think Jan Brewer is the only politician in the US that has the balls to stand up and "do the right thing!!!" Our representatives should be concerned about protecting us--Madam Governor--please think about running for president. You will have my support!! Good job and well done
Vern

AOL

#23 May 10, 2010
They can change their shirts to Los Diamondbacks.
Will that make all the wet-backs and bleeding heart liberals happy?

Location hidden

#24 May 10, 2010
tired wrote:
I am so sick and tired of these senators with an "agenda" of their own. Please write to your congressman and senators and tell them how you support this law. These "special interest" groups are distroying what our men and women have fought for for years. People!!! remember it is not about racial profiling--its about being in this country legally!!!! I think Jan Brewer is the only politician in the US that has the balls to stand up and "do the right thing!!!" Our representatives should be concerned about protecting us--Madam Governor--please think about running for president. You will have my support!! Good job and well done
Palin-Brewer 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 68
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best massage in Minneapolis 2 hr Tellitlikeitis 4
Letter tells L.I. black family: 'YOU DON'T BELO... 2 hr Tellitlikeitis 4
Judicial Assistant 7 hr Redeemer 1
american nationalist party 7 hr Redeemer 16
Riding the Gay Choo Choo Train 11 hr FOVR 12
waze 11 hr Spirit 2
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 12 hr Silly times 248
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE