Hostess Execs Getting Big Bonuses While Workers Lose Jobs

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 29, 2012
 
The Hostess bakery union of 5300 workers voted to lose their jobs when they allowed the union to negotiate for them. It had less to do with the executives than the union's refusal to take the bankruptcy court's offer.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 29, 2012
 
Funny, you say they needed to take less pay, when they already did and management got raises.... Who do YOU think did the Actual work, MORON ~!
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 29, 2012
 
It wasn't the striking bakers union doing any work. The union lost those workers their jobs. End of story. They lost 13000 other employees their jobs too.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 29, 2012
 
Nope, poor management unwilling to innovate cost the company it's competitive edge, but your "story" sure ended without facts, fool ~!
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Amused Slew wrote:
Nope, poor management unwilling to innovate cost the company it's competitive edge, but your "story" sure ended without facts, fool ~!
Like the fact that the "management" got the deal through the bankruptcy court for reorganization, and only the bakers union caused the liquidation instead of reorganization? There isn't anything to debate, if the union had agreed, the company would have reorganized and kept on going. Since the union did not take the offer, the company is being liquidated. Those are what we call facts. Try using some some time, they make your points for you.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 29, 2012
 
They already took pay cuts, management responded by giving themselves pay raises... I don't blame them for deciding the deserved fair wages, you seem to hate America workers, oddly...you lost the last election, too !!! LMAOROTFU~!
goose

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 29, 2012
 
I wouldn't blieve this non-stater guy - yesterday he was trying to claim that Walmart lost $15 billion last year. He makes crap up as he goes.
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 29, 2012
 
Amused Slew wrote:
They already took pay cuts, management responded by giving themselves pay raises... I don't blame them for deciding the deserved fair wages, you seem to hate America workers, oddly...you lost the last election, too !!! LMAOROTFU~!
People have the right to find employment at other places if they don't like the conditions or management where they are, unless they are unemployable by anyone except a union. Unfortunately, this union decided for all 18000 employees that none of them should have jobs any more.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 29, 2012
 
And they will, they also have the right to unionize and bargain for pay & benefits...

WELCOME TO AMERICA MORON ~!
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Amused Slew wrote:
And they will, they also have the right to unionize and bargain for pay & benefits...
WELCOME TO AMERICA MORON ~!
And they bargained the company out of business and themselves out of jobs. Observe the stupidity. Too useless to find new jobs, too clueless to realize without giving concessions, they would all be out of work.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 29, 2012
 
Naw, the company died, because of poor mis-management and debt... Funny, you'd like to pretend they weren't in bankruptcy before AND the workers won't find other jobs... LMAOROTFU Poor fool...we call your "system" slavery.
goose

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 29, 2012
 
No. Too smart to let the Bain-like morons loot the company and expect the working man to foot the bill.
The Truth Squad

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 29, 2012
 
Amused Slew wrote:
And they will, they also have the right to unionize and bargain for pay & benefits...
WELCOME TO AMERICA MORON ~!
Hostess is liquidating all their assets. Chapter 7 means the company is going out of business. The Union leaders and their minions are losing their jobs, income and benefits, all because Union bosses played chicken with management and lost. The plants might get sold, but new owners may hire whom they please at whatever wage scale they determine without being unionized.
That's the real world of business today.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 29, 2012
 
goose wrote:
No. Too smart to let the Bain-like morons loot the company and expect the working man to foot the bill.
so how is unemployment working out then slew?
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 29, 2012
 
Amused Slew wrote:
Naw, the company died, because of poor mis-management and debt... Funny, you'd like to pretend they weren't in bankruptcy before AND the workers won't find other jobs... LMAOROTFU Poor fool...we call your "system" slavery.
Those unskilled union bakers aren't going to find anything like the $20/hr. jobs they had at their skill levels. It is simple really, if you don't want to work for the pay offered, don't take the job, don't stay. Funny, your definition of slavery is quite a bit different than what the dictionary defines it as, and it is a little offensive to equate working for $20/hour slavery.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 29, 2012
 
Sure, they can try and perhaps succeed or they could dump bad/overpaid management and bring out innovative product lines... Did you have a point, because you didn't make one !!??

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 29, 2012
 
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Those unskilled union bakers aren't going to find anything like the $20/hr. jobs they had at their skill levels. It is simple really, if you don't want to work for the pay offered, don't take the job, don't stay. Funny, your definition of slavery is quite a bit different than what the dictionary defines it as, and it is a little offensive to equate working for $20/hour slavery.
What is tough about understanding that no one is obligated to accept a job or stay at a job if the working conditions and/or pay are unacceptable to you?

This is the United States of America. We have choices.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 29, 2012
 
Amused Slew wrote:
Sure, they can try and perhaps succeed or they could dump bad/overpaid management and bring out innovative product lines... Did you have a point, because you didn't make one !!??
places slew has avoided
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JNlxgs6qm2M/SO4Iznz...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 29, 2012
 
DSM Local wrote:
<quoted text>
places slew has avoided
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JNlxgs6qm2M/SO4Iznz...
Poor psycho...facts not friendly tonight and you're still a loser moron, right ??? Funny, YOU were pissed when my stock peaked 40% in a WEEK ~! LMAOROTFU~! Ps- I locked in the profit and turned 80% profit in 2 years, THANKS TO OBAMA ~!
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 29, 2012
 
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Poor psycho...facts not friendly tonight and you're still a loser moron, right ??? Funny, YOU were pissed when my stock peaked 40% in a WEEK ~! LMAOROTFU~! Ps- I locked in the profit and turned 80% profit in 2 years, THANKS TO OBAMA ~!
posted a few comments in the past 2 weeks...... did you post as DSM Local and have a "talk" with slew?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get away from the cities and all the crime 4 min Bellweather 2
OBAMA: I'm Not Interested in Photo-Ops 16 min Space ace 36
The Impeachment Delusion 24 min cantmakeitup 1
IRS emails "lost" 1 hr LIbEralS 32
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr DonPanic 31,769
3 women shot in north Minneapolis back yard; on... 2 hr cantmakeitup 7
Black Power advocates emerge 2 hr John gotti 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••