Video: Jim Thome as Paul Bunyan

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Joe Mauer still didn't feel recovered on Sunday, but he felt good enough to leave his hotel room for the first time since Thursday, when a viral infection put him in the hospital soon after he was placed on the disabled list because of bilateral leg weakness. Full Story
Minnesotan in France

France

#4 Apr 18, 2011
Take it easy, blame the editor or whomever the final copy goes by before publishing it. Maybe if they combined these to filthy rich china dolls the Twinies could get a full season out of them
magruder

Missouri City, TX

#5 Apr 18, 2011
Minnesotan in France wrote:
Take it easy, blame the editor or whomever the final copy goes by before publishing it. Maybe if they combined these to filthy rich china dolls the Twinies could get a full season out of them
LOL! Different last names, but anyone could get their extensive medical diagnostics mixed up. They are both part timers. It is not a matter of if they are going on the DL, but when. The specifics of their problems have become a total bore.
I suppose

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 18, 2011
...it was just a matter of time before these two melded into one.
Twins Fan in Rays Land

Dunedin, FL

#7 Apr 18, 2011
No matter how much fun we want to have at Kelsie's expense, it is usually the copy editor's job to write the headlines ... I just wish we had a story on the Twins actually winning a game, yet all we have is a story about our misnamed catcher ...
derf

United States

#8 Apr 18, 2011
Unfortunate headline. Check with your sports department before posting articles.
brachiosaurus

Kingston, RI

#9 Apr 18, 2011
Tolbert and Casilla have been together for a long time and make a good double-play combination. Butera is another light hitter who can really field his position. If the Twins had a more stable bullpen, they might be able to get away with fewer runs and still squeak out a few victories. Except Liriano, that starters have been looking pretty good.

Joe Morneau must be a new guy in the minor league system. Could he be related to Justin Morneau?
brachiosaurus

Kingston, RI

#10 Apr 18, 2011
"That" should read "the" starters.
Nostradumass

Maple Plain, MN

#11 Apr 18, 2011
Twins catcher Joe Morneau doesn't think viral infection is related to his leg weakness

I find it funny how much incorrect info is in the paper lately. The schools aren't what they used to be.
JabberWocky

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 18, 2011
Don't blame Kelsie. Headline writers just sit at their desks all day, and don't get out much.
Pete

Tower, MN

#13 Apr 18, 2011
They are both on and off of the DL so much I can see why people get confused.
Twins

Madison, MN

#14 Apr 18, 2011
As Ricky Ricardo would say, Lucy (Kelsie) you have some splaing to do
Don In FL

Venice, FL

#15 Apr 18, 2011
haha wrote:
Nice headline! Didn't know the Twins had a new catcher...
Twins catcher Joe Morneau doesn't think viral infection is related to his leg weakness
Proof reading hits a new level.
Julie

Tower, MN

#16 Apr 18, 2011
Gardenhire already kisses enough cheels on this team, its about time he quits being an enabler for some of these patsy multi millionares and makes them live up to the standards of the rest of the team. Get them into shape or ship them out. Enough is enough. We just cancelled our trip and sold our tickets.
sid hartman

Anoka, MN

#17 Apr 18, 2011
Great now Joe thinks he,s a doctor.
hdog

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Apr 18, 2011
Julie wrote:
Gardenhire already kisses enough cheels on this team, its about time he quits being an enabler for some of these patsy multi millionares and makes them live up to the standards of the rest of the team. Get them into shape or ship them out. Enough is enough. We just cancelled our trip and sold our tickets.
Can you imagine Ty Cobb whimpering over his various owies like this?
hdog

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 18, 2011
sid hartman wrote:
Great now Joe thinks he,s a doctor.
Actually, they probably conferred an honorary medical degree on him before he left the building.
smartie

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Apr 18, 2011
Say Kelsie, did you know that the Twins beat Tampa Bay on Sunday? Where's the coverage? A rare win, and you don't print a thing about it.

Since: Jul 08

St. Paul

#22 Apr 18, 2011
"I guess you wonder about it, but it's funny, every time and I know going on the DL's not a good thing but every time I get hurt, everybody brings up everything," he said. "This is my eighth season, and I've had some injuries, but you look at everything, and I've played a lot, too."

Here's a thought Joe- maybe it gets brought up because you cry every time you get hurt. Maybe this is related to the infection and maybe not. But the bottom line is, you chose to make catching your career. If you can't handle all the nicks and bumps that are associated with the position, then give it up and let someone who doesn't whine do it. Funny how Butera (who I personally don't think belongs on a MLB roster) manages to play his share of games but we don't here him say a single word about his owies.
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Apr 18, 2011
Wow! The Twins have to be the most susceptible to disease team in the MLB. They're dropping like flies! At the beginning of the season I thought this team could make it to the WS, but now...not feeling the same about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 8 hr American_Sons 18
Mall of America Protest 14 hr Go Blue Forever 34
Close, but no cigars -- or: A funny thing happe... 16 hr Medewiwin 8
Merry Christmas to all... Wed cantmakeitup 1
The New York City Mayor Wed Bobert Ne Nero 7
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! Wed CNN Reporter 21
Benghazi-Gate OBAMA not allowing access to surv... (Mar '13) Wed LIbEralS 330
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web