AP: White House And GOP Reach Deal On...

AP: White House And GOP Reach Deal On Fiscal Cliff

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

digger

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Source: TPM

Citing a Senate Democratic aide, the Associated Press is reporting that the White House and GOP have reached a deal on the fiscal cliff. No more details yet.

(more details)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/fisc...

A Democratic aide says the White House and congressional Republicans have reached an agreement to avert the so-called fiscal cliff.

The measure would extend Bush-era tax cuts for family incomes below $450,000 and briefly avert across-the-board spending cuts set to strike the Pentagon and domestic agencies this week.

Vice President Joe Biden was set to sell the agreement to Senate Democrats at a meeting at the Capitol on Monday night.

Read more: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...

----------

Breaking News: VP Biden to appear at closed caucus meet of Senate Dems at 9:15 p.m.

CNN:VP Joe Biden will meet with Senate Democrats tonight to discuss a possible fiscal cliff deal, a Democratic source said.

some tweets

RT @mmcauliff: Biden respnds blandly to reporters asking bout progress: I'll tell you in a minute.

More: Biden is on his way to Capitol to explain details of 'fiscal cliff' deal; vote could be held by 10:30 p.m

[email protected]: Biden in the building!”

I am told by Hill/WH sources that Reid and Pelosi have OK'd the Biden-McConnell deal. Two-month sequester delay offset w/revenue & $ cuts
Major Garrett ‏@MajorCBS

Dem official says both Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have signed off on the deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BLM lies on a 0-4 losing streak 7 hr Tellitlikeitis 20
Trump does it again 16 hr anarchist 56
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 20 hr red blood relative 991
FOVR fascist past Fri anarchist 1
Boots On the Ground Guy from Minneapolis diddle... Fri Joe Balls 6
FOVR assaults old women/children Fri anarchist 1
Pathetic FOVR no money left Fri anarchist 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages