So, UNIONS MEMBERSHIP PAYS MORE ?? GREAT !!!

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
That is while the company is in business...
Thing is, not all unions fight hard for their members. Even our union rep one time our union contract was up for renewal, admitted that we were not being well fought for by our union itself. He admitted we were THE lowest paid union members he ever had to deal with.
Most of the time we in the factory ended up counting ourselves lucky if we got a ten cent raise per year due to the contracts we had.
The only reason our factory even had a union was due to the fact that both Miller & Anheuser-Busch would only deal with unionized companies to make their factory made advertising. Be it pool lamps, decorations for the taps, on the wall lamps, etc....
So that union membership supposedly getting you more money is false in alot of cases. In the case of where I worked,'greasing' the supervisor's palm worked better for some than others to get higher raises.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Earnings
In 2012, among full-time wage and salary workers, union members had
median usual weekly earnings of $943, while those who were not union members had median weekly earnings of $742.
AND YOU GET +BENEFITS ???

LOOKS LIKE - UNIONS YES !!!!

The Machinists Union has negotiated additional layoff benefits for its members, including:

One-on-one access to career counselors and professional resume writers to help them find new jobs;
Six months of medical insurance coverage;
Cash to pay for going back to school to study for new careers, if the laid-off workers choose; and
The right to get on a recall list at Boeing, which puts the laid-off Machinists first in line should the company start hiring in their old job categories.

This PLUS huge pay rates from $11-$42 per hour + benefits !!!

UNION YES !!!
Federal help for Boeing Commercial Airplanes’ laid-off workers
Extended unemployment pay for up to 2½ years
A 72.5 percent tax credit on health-care insurance premiums
90 percent of travel expenses to a job interview covered up to $1,250
90 percent of relocation expenses for a new job, plus a relocation lump sum up to $1,250
Supplemental pay for workers older than 50 re-employed in a lower-paid job, up to $10,000 over two years
Up to $25,000 training grant toward cost of a college degree

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

The End is Near wrote:
<quoted text>The old man knows how to cut and paste!! Impressed? NO! Too bad you’re too old to actually realize just how dumb you really are!! By the way, posting the same thing 2-3 times on different threads is what a senile old man of your capacity is good at! Congratulations
All the seattle troll can do is spam hatred via cut and paste on every thread it goes to.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Unions fight with the workers to stop managerial abuses !!!

"...the theft of wages — having to work without breaks and overtime pay, among other things.'

median usual weekly earnings of $943, while those who were not union members had median weekly earnings of $742.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Earnings

The Machinists Union has negotiated additional layoff benefits for its members, including:

One-on-one access to career counselors and professional resume writers to help them find new jobs;
Cash to pay for going back to school to study for new careers, if the laid-off workers choose; and
The right to get on a recall list at Boeing, which puts the laid-off Machinists first in line should the company start hiring in their old job categories.

UNION YES !!!
90 percent of relocation expenses for a new job, plus a relocation lump sum up to $1,250
Supplemental pay for workers older than 50 re-employed in a lower-paid job, up to $10,000 over two years
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Earnings
UNION YES !!!
The key here is "among full-time wage and salary workers". Of the new jobs added to the economy in the last year, 75% of them have been part-time. How many of those new part-time jobs are replacing full-time wage and salary UNION workers?
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Unions fight with the workers to stop managerial abuses !!!
"...the theft of wages — having to work without breaks and overtime pay, among other things.'
Define abuses.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Heck, unions fight to maximize full time work to get you that pay & benefit BONUS !!!
Union YES, it's the BEST ~!~!
Better wages, working conditions, and SENIORITY !!
The key here is "among full-time wage and salary workers". Of the new jobs added to the economy in the last year, 75% of them have been part-time. How many of those new part-time jobs are replacing full-time wage and salary UNION workers?
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Unions provide the working man a voice in EVERYTHING the company does & a hedge against profiteering & abuses by bad management, like these greedy Mittiots...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Unions provide the working man a voice in EVERYTHING the company does & a hedge against profiteering & abuses by bad management, like these greedy Mittiots...
Translation: Unions make sure to drive the businesses into the ground since they have zero interest in the future of the companies.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Sure, managers are ALL ABOUT THE COMPANY, so Mittiot gave each kid $20 million off company earnings.... that they "earned", by NOT WORKING FOR MITTIOTS !!!
That is until they go out of business...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Sure, managers are ALL ABOUT THE COMPANY, so Mittiot gave each kid $20 million off company earnings.... that they "earned", by NOT WORKING FOR MITTIOTS !!!
That is until the business goes under...
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, Mittiot greed kills a lot of businesses.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

SO, you mean to tell me non-union shops continue to pay AFTER a business closes ?? WOW ! Love to see that proven......

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

The End is Near wrote:
<quoted text>What a matter old man, you can't come up with any better than calling your mom's favorite word for you?? LMAO Give up little old man, you are unable to keep up. Keep blasing your horn for those union bosses who suck your money up and live the good life while you wallow next to your computer pretending your a big time investor ($150,000 LMAO) Yep You are going to die, and none too soon!!!!!!
Troll does not realize that I'm just doing what my parents had me doing when I wanted to take night classes in various subjects. I had to pay for them myself. Even in high school I had to pay for my own evening classes I took.
And then the troll claims by that slur that I supposedly had sex with my mom. I'm not a motherhumping lesbian like the troll is.
Plus, my daughter has NOT been in school since it let out back in early June of this year. And she does not go back till Sept. And when she does, go back. Like the previous years, I will walk her to her bus stop and wait with her till the bus comes to pick her up. And be at the bus stop at least ten to fifteen minutes before the bus is scheduled to drop her off after school.
As well as the other things the troll has accused me of being, As in a time traveler. It forgets that I had been living here in my condo YEARS before my parents passed on. Like how could they have been paying for my place while they were still alive? They could not have been able to while they were alive.
And as for the name of the royal kid. At least I had the tradition correct. Just didn't have the proper list of names Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, House of Windsor and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge at the time of the speculation were planning on naming the child.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Earnings

UNION YES !!!

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
i wouldnt worry about it.
just ignore the troll from now.
what it says has no impact on you whatsoever.
will die off in a week
In many ways I wish the troll would go jump into the crater of the Stromboli volcano right now.
John Lee Anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Because I point out what an inadequate person you are ? Yeah, but you knew.
The only person you are more inadequate than today is the person you were yesterday.
You just keep getting worse every day! You must be so proud!!!
John Lee Anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Wow, 76 comments by the phony Seattle troll deleted from this thread!
That must be some kind of record, the only kind of record the Slewer Rat will ever set.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Just 10% of American Adults believe the current minimum wage is a wage someone can live on, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Seventy-seven percent (77%) say the minimum wage is not enough to live on. Thirteen percent (13%) are undecided.
Maybe you shouldn't count on a minimum wage job to live on. Look for a better job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••