Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Up until June, it was one of the wettest and latest springs on record. We had several snows in May. Those storms that clobbered Minneapolis in late June uprooted many, many trees. Those trees had nothing to grab onto! The ground was that wet.

I recall in June that a meteorologist quipped that if we got no more rain this year, we’d be back up to 75% of normal water table levels. And this was considering we’d just ended a long drought.

Who knew that that little quip would be so prescient. Since late June we haven’t had hardly a drop of rain. I don’t know about your garden and your lawn, but mine are exhibiting signs of stress.

These weather extremes are the direct result of climate change. A UN report links global temperature rises “with near certainty” to human activity.
Ale Gore

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

ScHmahl is IgnoranT wrote:
These weather extremes are the direct result of climate change. A UN report links global temperature rises “with near certainty” to human activity.
Climate change has always been here and always will be. It is not the result of human activities or actions. And the anti-American UN is who you are quoting? You are a lunatic if you think that is a quality source for commentary on Capitalism, the greatest economic engine on the face of the Earth.
nearasfar

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Ale Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change has always been here and always will be. It is not the result of human activities or actions. And the anti-American UN is who you are quoting? You are a lunatic if you think that is a quality source for commentary on Capitalism, the greatest economic engine on the face of the Earth.
Climate change and its recent human origins is scientifically undeniable. Denying something with no data is merely obfuscation and hurting serious debate.

What makes you act out like this? Did you hate your high school Biology teacher and this is your way of getting back at her? Please seek counseling soon, its time.
LIbEralS

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

nearasfar wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change and its recent human origins is scientifically undeniable. Denying something with no data is merely obfuscation and hurting serious debate.
What makes you act out like this? Did you hate your high school Biology teacher and this is your way of getting back at her? Please seek counseling soon, its time.
Typical progressive response to an opinion that differs from theirs.
nearasfar

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical progressive response to an opinion that differs from theirs.
What, the idea that someone would use plain facts to support their position?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 15 min ritedownthemiddle 29,925
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Republicans Are Stupid 25,964
Obama Victory - US freeing Iran funds as Tehran... 6 hr Capt Crunch 10
Want Affordable Care Act to work 13 hr LIbEralS 23
Bill Bans Whole Milk For Kids At Day Care 15 hr Sangelia 5
Muslim drivers refuse to work over Gay Games ad 18 hr Expert 9
Boycott Reid stay out of Vegas 21 hr Trigger 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••