Effect of climate change on Minnesota

Effect of climate change on Minnesota

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

ScHmahl is IgnoranT

Lombard, IL

#1 Aug 22, 2013
Up until June, it was one of the wettest and latest springs on record. We had several snows in May. Those storms that clobbered Minneapolis in late June uprooted many, many trees. Those trees had nothing to grab onto! The ground was that wet.

I recall in June that a meteorologist quipped that if we got no more rain this year, we’d be back up to 75% of normal water table levels. And this was considering we’d just ended a long drought.

Who knew that that little quip would be so prescient. Since late June we haven’t had hardly a drop of rain. I don’t know about your garden and your lawn, but mine are exhibiting signs of stress.

These weather extremes are the direct result of climate change. A UN report links global temperature rises “with near certainty” to human activity.
Ale Gore

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 22, 2013
ScHmahl is IgnoranT wrote:
These weather extremes are the direct result of climate change. A UN report links global temperature rises “with near certainty” to human activity.
Climate change has always been here and always will be. It is not the result of human activities or actions. And the anti-American UN is who you are quoting? You are a lunatic if you think that is a quality source for commentary on Capitalism, the greatest economic engine on the face of the Earth.
nearasfar

Portland, OR

#3 Aug 22, 2013
Ale Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change has always been here and always will be. It is not the result of human activities or actions. And the anti-American UN is who you are quoting? You are a lunatic if you think that is a quality source for commentary on Capitalism, the greatest economic engine on the face of the Earth.
Climate change and its recent human origins is scientifically undeniable. Denying something with no data is merely obfuscation and hurting serious debate.

What makes you act out like this? Did you hate your high school Biology teacher and this is your way of getting back at her? Please seek counseling soon, its time.
LIbEralS

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 23, 2013
nearasfar wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change and its recent human origins is scientifically undeniable. Denying something with no data is merely obfuscation and hurting serious debate.
What makes you act out like this? Did you hate your high school Biology teacher and this is your way of getting back at her? Please seek counseling soon, its time.
Typical progressive response to an opinion that differs from theirs.
nearasfar

Portland, OR

#6 Aug 23, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical progressive response to an opinion that differs from theirs.
What, the idea that someone would use plain facts to support their position?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 4 hr Mutant-cucumber 627
Get Over It! 7 hr Evil Roy Slade 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 9 hr Nipz9777 35,608
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro Fri Protesters CAN WORK 50
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING Nov 30 Drumpf 14

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance