As gay marriage comes to Minn., midnight weddings abound; Rhode Island making it legal, too

Full story: The Washington Post

Dozens of gay couples began tying the knot early Thursday morning at Minneapolis City Hall as Minnesota became the latest state to legalize same-sex marriage.
Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Aug 5, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Trevor

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

It is Wrong. Beware of GODs Wrath.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Trevor wrote:
So you pray, but having read the book, I believe you have more to worry about than the couples whose marriages He's blessing.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Trevor wrote:
If your god sends his wrath upon loving and committed couples who marry, and their families, simply for legally forming a lasting marriage, then you are following the wrong god.

Try Jesus. His message is much more rational and inclusive,

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

The End is Near wrote:
Well wouldn't that depend on who is delivering the message? I mean I heard just the other day, Pope Francis say something to the effect, while he had no issues with gays, he did have issue with homosexual activity. I believe this Pope has a direct linage to that of Peter, to whom Jesus gave the keys to earthly church. Are we talking about the same Jesus here? Sounds a bit conflicting to me!
So Catholics believe, but we are talking about an all male group of self-professed celibates who have been reproducing among themselves for the last two thousand years or so, so anything is possible.

Not Catholic and never have been, by the way. Their claim to be next best thing to God Himself, no more credible than anyone else's.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

There is no such thing as gay "marriage"

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Senile guy moniker...good pick.
Damn right it's a good pick. The only one that might be better though is John Wayne.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Eastwood supports gay ,marriage, WELCOME ABOARD....

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

The End is Near wrote:
Well, I don't think that is entirely true, because males cannot reproduce between them, therefore I am guessing the self professed celibrates are the off spring of those who can reproduce. I mean basic biology and all. I would have guessed, based on your sexual preference, that you were not a Catholic. I have read a little and while I have yet to see where they make any claims to be the next best thing to God, they do present a strong case of tying themselves directly back to Peter. I take it then, the Jesus you refer to is different from the Jesus they refer to?
My point is that there's is but one version of Jesus and His teachings and not the only one on the block, never actually was. There wasn't just one Jesus Cult spreading around the Empire during the middle part of the 1st century, but a number of them. Catholicism won out over the other varieties of Christianity when Constantine converted, it solidified it's claim on being the next best thing to God by composing the Bible out of the hundreds of different "holy" works floating around. The rest they say is an often dubious history.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
There is no such thing as gay "marriage"
I'm sorry you feel that way, but why on Earth should your problem with same sex couples being legally married be anyone's problem but your own? You don't approve of same sex marriages. Whoopie. I'm not approving of your spouse's dubious choice of marriage partners at the moment (assuming that you have one currently. if you have had more than one, please leave the discussion quietly). Can we pass a law? At least get a restraining order? Require contraception?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Eastwood supports gay ,marriage, WELCOME ABOARD....
The Spaghetti Western Clint didn't put up with such goings on in the Old West, at least not while he was in the room anyways, he is in show business after all, it ain't like he didn't know. A change of heart in his old age. Good for him. He'll have to get a picture of Chuck Norris. He's pretty much it in the anti-gay celebrities dept these days.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The Spaghetti Western Clint didn't put up with such goings on in the Old West
Exactly! Nor did John Wayne. If some idiot was on the Duke's cattle drive advertising his homosexual tendencies as people do today, he'd have knocked him out of the saddle with the butt of his gun and sent him packing.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
Exactly! Nor did John Wayne. If some idiot was on the Duke's cattle drive advertising his homosexual tendencies as people do today, he'd have knocked him out of the saddle with the butt of his gun and sent him packing.
They would have only objected to unwanted advances, and in all likelihood, on those long, lonesome cattle drives, would have occasionally appreciated a cowboy with an appreciation of his fellow man, as long as they didn't tell. Men who have confidence in their heterosexuality, rarely have a problem with another guy's homosexuality, unless they make inappropriate advances towards them. It's the guys whose heterosexuality tends more to the theoretical than the practiced that seem to get all freaked out about it. I don't hit on straight guys unless they hit on me first. It doesn't take the participation of anyone even remotely homosexual for homosexual sex to take place, even consensually, but it's a lot more fun if one of you is, at least.
Quest

Milford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

The End is Near wrote:
<quoted text>Well wouldn't that depend on who is delivering the message? I mean I heard just the other day, Pope Francis say something to the effect,........
What, exactly, is "homosexual activity"? I'm drinking a cup of coffee, now. Does that count? How about weeding the garden?

All activities engaged in by gay folks. So is marriage.

And the pope is simply a catholic man, with the same biases that any other might have - he is not annointed by God to speak in His place.
Jack Boot

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

This gives a whole new meaning to "Don we now our Gay apparel, Fa La La La La La La La La"

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

The End is Near wrote:
Which Religion condones the male on male, female on female sexual relationship? I am trying to understand.
They don't have to condone it, twit, however if one purports to be Christian, their namesake tells them not to judge others.

Being "Christian" is easy; living Christian, on the other hand, is quite difficult.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

The End is Near wrote:
<quoted text>Why the name calling? The man made a statement about Jesus Christ and his teachings. I merely asked what Religion, seeing Jesus Christ is normally tied to some/most Christian Religous Sects, condoned the homosexual activity. The Catholic Church, according to it's leader, does not. I am asking who does?? And where exactly does their namesake tell them not to judge? I see plenty of judgements being made in the bible.
Matthew 7, straight from the horse's mouth.

Don't assume that because I don't subscribe to your religious notions that I am ignorant of them. in fact, my knowledge of them is why I do not subscribe to them.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

The End is Near wrote:
<quoted text>Don't assume you have any knowledge of my religious notions, Because I have not indicated any. I merely asked questions as it relates to Rick in Kansas statement regarding Jesus and being all inclusive. Seeing you have all this knowledge, perhaps you can answer the question? I mean if one is going to utilize Jesus in support of their position, shouldn't one at least be able to supply what religious sect condones the position. I am beginning, based on the answers I am seeing, you and Rick in Kansas are merely blowing smoke about Jesus and his acceptance of Homosexuals!
I am not Christian, and support the existing separation of church and state laid out in the first amendment.

I will engage those who attempt to inject religious rhetoric into discussions of civil law, where they have no place.
Offended BrownBag

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
You know, if you had a decent job, life, and had any success...you'd be less bitter, teabagger twit.
How do you clean the poop out of your rear before sex? A garden hose?
Sack Lunch

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Offended BrownBag wrote:
<quoted text>How do you clean the poop out of your rear before sex? A garden hose?
My gay name is sack lunch. Are you hungry?
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Since, you're asking strangers to do your work, perhaps you're lazy & ignorant of the bible you claim to care about.

No wonder you're a broke nut-so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••