NRA asks Supreme Court to lift ban on...

NRA asks Supreme Court to lift ban on handgun sales to teens

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

More NRA Caused Carnage

San Jose, CA

#1 Aug 7, 2013
The National Rifle Association is asking the Supreme Court to strike down decades-old regulations prohibiting the sales of handguns to those under the age of 21.

The powerful gun lobby is challenging a lower federal court’s October ruling that upheld the ban. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit ruled that the current regulations are consistent with a long-held view that young adults between the ages of 18 and 20 “tend to be relatively immature and that denying them easy access to handguns would deter violent crime.”

“As with felons and the mentally ill, categorically restricting the presumptive Second Amendment rights of 18-to-20-year-olds does not violate the central concern of the Second Amendment,” the court found.

The court noted it is legal for adults under the age of 21 to buy other types of guns, including rifles and shotguns. Further, parents or guardians can give their 18 to 20-year-olds handguns as a gift, and there are no laws barring either the possession or use of a handgun by adults younger than 21.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/court-battl...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#4 Aug 9, 2013
Hating Haters wrote:
My 20 year old Daughter returned from a 13 month tour in Iraq as an Army Sargent.
We liven in the Peoples Republic of Minnesotastan at the time.
She decided that she wanted to Deer Hunt, for the 1st time, with the family that Fall, so we went to the Local Store to purchase a Hunting License.
The Seller asked for my Daughters Drivers License, she provided it. Upon seeing that my Daughter was under 25 years of age, the Seller asked for my Daughters "Gun Safety Training Certificate".(All 12 year olds in the Peoples Republic of Minnesotastan MUST take the NRA sponsored class before the Government will allow them to hunt)
As a 20 year old Combat Vetran, going Deer Hunting for the 1st time, my Daughter explained that she did not have a "Gun Safety Training Certificate", but that she has an Expert Badge with an M4, and an 9 mm.
Not good enough!
She was not allowed to hunt because the Commissars within the Politburo in St Paul issued an edict, and the Seller was bound by the "Feelings" of the Totalitarians who were seated in power by the Mob(Spell that Majority) at the HQ of Minnesotastan.
"Children should not have guns"?
Typical case of a poorly written law. At the very least, it should have included exceptions for combat vets with more gun training than anyone who receives the "Gun Safety" certificate. She was certainly old enough to kill and die for her country.
Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Aug 9, 2013
Next time you need to apply for a permit of some kind maybe find out what the requirements are before you trot down and make a fool of yourself in person. You appear to have internet access. It's easy.

Just so you know she can't buy booze either. You'll need to continue supplying your own delicious Phillips Vodka.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 37 min Say What You Mean 39,148
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Abe 26,691
Exploding Ant plows van into pedestrians in Tor... 10 hr silly rabbit 10
Crassus, fovr, davy 11 hr Buttinsky 4
Try me 16 hr Space ace 5
New species of 'exploding ants' discovered in S... 20 hr The Lumber Jack 4
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's shocking response t... Mon Space ace 5

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages