The NRA has a name for 20 dead childr...

The NRA has a name for 20 dead children: the 'Connecticut effect'

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 11, 2013
A top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association (NRA) explains why its legislative agenda is on hold:

We have a strong agenda coming up for next year, but of course a lot of that’s going to be delayed as the “Connecticut effect” has to go through the process.

So if everyone could just hurry up and "process" the brutal murder of 20 children and six adults, the NRA can get back to their full-time campaign against common sense solutions to curb gun violence.

So come on, get over it already, people!

Or make a difference by helping candidates like Robin Kelly, running for congress in IL-02, who will fight the NRA. Join the 4,000+ who have already opted to send the NRA a message and contribute to Kelly today!

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/da...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#3 Feb 11, 2013
Campaign promise du jour, fight the NRA. There is no question that every time one of these shootings occurs, the anti gun activists are out for blood. And as time goes by, the furor dies down and people get back to the business of living. Until the next incident occurs. Be it gun deaths, auto accidents, some new designer drug, etc, there is always an outcry that tends to peak and then fizzle out. Eventually the media gets bored as well because Linsdey Lohans boob falls out of her dress or some politician gets caught with his hand in some ones panties. Or maybe Obama rides a horsey. Of course, he will be wearing a helmet.
My Turn

Arlington Heights, IL

#4 Feb 11, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
Campaign promise du jour, fight the NRA. There is no question that every time one of these shootings occurs, the anti gun activists are out for blood. And as time goes by, the furor dies down and people get back to the business of living. Until the next incident occurs. Be it gun deaths, auto accidents, some new designer drug, etc, there is always an outcry that tends to peak and then fizzle out. Eventually the media gets bored as well because Linsdey Lohans boob falls out of her dress or some politician gets caught with his hand in some ones panties. Or maybe Obama rides a horsey. Of course, he will be wearing a helmet.
I agree and I have been saying the same thing for weeks. Liberals have the attention span of a goldfish. It's only a matter of time before they get distracted by the next national crisis: Snookie's new boyfriend, Dancing with the stars, American Idol.....
My Turn

Arlington Heights, IL

#5 Feb 11, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
A top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association (NRA) explains why its legislative agenda is on hold:
We have a strong agenda coming up for next year, but of course a lot of that’s going to be delayed as the “Connecticut effect” has to go through the process.
So if everyone could just hurry up and "process" the brutal murder of 20 children and six adults, the NRA can get back to their full-time campaign against common sense solutions to curb gun violence.
So come on, get over it already, people!
Or make a difference by helping candidates like Robin Kelly, running for congress in IL-02, who will fight the NRA. Join the 4,000+ who have already opted to send the NRA a message and contribute to Kelly today!
https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/da...
The Illinois second district is open because Jesse Jackson Jr. got pinched stealing campaign money. Of course a liberal black Democrat will win in the south side of Obama's shoot-em-up Chicago. They can point to law-abiding gun owners instead of the gang rats that live in the hood and scream racism.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#6 Feb 11, 2013
As thousands of pro-gun activists held rallies across the United States on Saturday, accidental shootings at three different guns shows illustrated the obvious: Being around lots of people carrying firearms can be a tad dangerous. The Associated Press compiles the reports from North Carolina, Indiana and Ohio.
In Raleigh, a shotgun went off when the owner was taking it out of its case at a security checkpoint, injuring three people. In Indianapolis, a 54-year-old man appears to have accidentally shot himself in the hand as he was leaving a gun show. And in Ohio, a dealer was checking out a purchase when he pulled the trigger by accident and injured his friend. Although he had removed the magazine from the weapon, a round remained in the chamber.
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
As thousands of pro-gun activists held rallies across the United States on Saturday, accidental shootings at three different guns shows illustrated the obvious: Being around lots of people carrying firearms can be a tad dangerous. The Associated Press compiles the reports from North Carolina, Indiana and Ohio.
In Raleigh, a shotgun went off when the owner was taking it out of its case at a security checkpoint, injuring three people. In Indianapolis, a 54-year-old man appears to have accidentally shot himself in the hand as he was leaving a gun show. And in Ohio, a dealer was checking out a purchase when he pulled the trigger by accident and injured his friend. Although he had removed the magazine from the weapon, a round remained in the chamber.
You all need to listen to my hubby, the gay Slewsie. No one knows how to cut and paste from blogs like my hubby. I am so proud of him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 59 min Squirtzzz3971 35,607
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 2 hr WildLifeLover 626
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro 7 hr Drumpf 48
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Thu Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING Nov 30 Drumpf 14
Trump Won The Popular Vote Nov 29 Obamas comments 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages