Dear Moderators of the Topix Minneapo...

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#44 Dec 9, 2012
Omni 40 wrote:
The west coast nile virus mirrors the Topix moderator' point of view. Blaming the tolerance of this cancer on free speech reeks of cronyism at its worst.
I'm not sure if it's cronyism or capitalism without conscience. Before Topix changed its Terms of Service, there were simple rules of decorum. Debate was still lively and spirited, but people made an effort to make their cases. Now there's page after page of smack talk, which seems to be more profitable for the Topix bottom line. Calling what we find here an example of free speech is a lot like calling rape foreplay, in my opinion.

Judged:

13

13

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#45 Dec 9, 2012
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
I belonged to the teacher's union (NFT) through the 90's. Had I lived in Minnesota during Pawlenty's run I would not have voted for him. I vote for people and not parties, as you probably do. For the issues of personal freedom (gay rights and ending the failed war on drugs) I was seriously considering Gary Johnson last month as I had more faith in him on social issues. Ultimately, I did cast my vote for Obama because a vote for Johnson would have been as good as a vote for Romney, and that I couldn't do in good conscience.
Truth Squad, I just reread this and realized it looks like I'm saying you vote for parties. I hope you know that I mean to say that you probably vote as I do, for people and not for parties. Sorry about that. It's past my bedtime!

Judged:

14

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
leah

Minneapolis, MN

#46 Dec 10, 2012
Slimey Slew wrote:
<quoted text>
You are another internet bad ass. Gee, you are one tough m-f'er.
Please do not flatter the creep as "tough". he is a coward who gets his jollies acting smart ass for attention.Sad.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#47 Dec 10, 2012
Interesting how many different names you use to make a point. Do that make your point more valid?

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#48 Dec 10, 2012
leah wrote:
<quoted text>Please do not flatter the creep as "tough". he is a coward who gets his jollies acting smart ass for attention.Sad.
I like the coward word, except I've made offers to meet and your group provides poor excuses.

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
leah

Minneapolis, MN

#49 Dec 10, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>I like the coward word, except I've made offers to meet and your group provides poor excuses.
ha! to your judgements
leah

Minneapolis, MN

#50 Dec 10, 2012
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if it's cronyism or capitalism without conscience. Before Topix changed its Terms of Service, there were simple rules of decorum. Debate was still lively and spirited, but people made an effort to make their cases. Now there's page after page of smack talk, which seems to be more profitable for the Topix bottom line. Calling what we find here an example of free speech is a lot like calling rape foreplay, in my opinion.
ugh to your last statement,it discredits your complaints
jerry

Saint Paul, MN

#51 Dec 10, 2012
leah wrote:
<quoted text>ha! to your judgements
That all those two morons have. Even on the weekends jumbo and slew are on here all day, every day. They think people care about their garbage. Sad little creatures trying to take everyone down in the troll-hole.
leah

Minneapolis, MN

#52 Dec 10, 2012
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth Squad, I just reread this and realized it looks like I'm saying you vote for parties. I hope you know that I mean to say that you probably vote as I do, for people and not for parties. Sorry about that. It's past my bedtime!
I believe it is foolish to vote for the "best man" or a individual. Because they mostly unite and vote for their sides agendas. It is democracy to select persons for your best interests,however,the problem is,we vote for benefits for our selves and our communities, and we are now in mammoth public debt.So in the nation's best interest I vote for the cut spending,and you know from where that comes from...us.Republicans just represent their voters

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#53 Dec 10, 2012
We been down this road before, and the internet tough guy from some dojo in Seattle continues to annoy and spew her bigotry and hatred with regularity. Well, remember, she was fired from the Post office and has all day to fire off stupid and often times nonsensical tribe from her mom's basement. I have taken the position of ignoring the blithering idiot. One has to actually understand that she is being insulted, and unfortunately for the Seattle misfit, she doesn't know and doesn't get it. She had 3 days to set up a meeting and wussed out, so lets all just let her continue her jibberish without response. Freedom of speach, Freedom to ignore
Bridgework

Saint Paul, MN

#54 Dec 10, 2012
So you really are Smart Liberal with yet another moniker?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#55 Dec 10, 2012
Niether of the Above wrote:
We been down this road before, and the internet tough guy from some dojo in Seattle continues to annoy and spew her bigotry and hatred with regularity. Well, remember, she was fired from the Post office and has all day to fire off stupid and often times nonsensical tribe from her mom's basement. I have taken the position of ignoring the blithering idiot. One has to actually understand that she is being insulted, and unfortunately for the Seattle misfit, she doesn't know and doesn't get it. She had 3 days to set up a meeting and wussed out, so lets all just let her continue her jibberish without response., Freedom to ignore
Freedom of speach ???

I posted a location, you NEVER MADE IT, that says it all....
Capt Crunch

Cottonwood, AZ

#56 Dec 10, 2012
It amuses me no end, to realize that Zen has become so feeble minded as to not recognize that the moderator, Slimy Slew, is her friend from the old days, Le Jumbo. He and Madman, and a few other weirdos, set the mood that would prevail after the PPress switched over and sold the site to Soros.org

Although he has become more flamboyant with the power given him by George Soros, he should still be recognizable.
As was narrated in "All Quiet On The Western Front","You can teach a dog to eat potatoes, but throw a piece of meat before him, and watch him grab it."(Paraphrase)

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#57 Dec 10, 2012
Capt Crunch wrote:
It amuses me no end, to realize that Zen has become so feeble minded as to not recognize that the moderator, Slimy Slew, is her friend from the old days, Le Jumbo. He and Madman, and a few other weirdos, set the mood that would prevail after the PPress switched over and sold the site to Soros.org
Although he has become more flamboyant with the power given him by George Soros, he should still be recognizable.
As was narrated in "All Quiet On The Western Front","You can teach a dog to eat potatoes, but throw a piece of meat before him, and watch him grab it."(Paraphrase)
Capt, I too am amused. I don't know LeJumbo except to know that the name has had you and a few other conservatives all frothy for a year or more and when you come across a particularly egregious post you invoke him/her. Slew and LeJumbo may be the same person, for all I know. Or not. I don't really care either way, to be honest with you. Occasionally someone posts a lucid, coherent thought that leads to an actual exchange of ideas around here. It's becoming rarer and rarer, but damn it all, it does happen once in a while.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#58 Dec 10, 2012
Oh, and Crunch, one more thing. If you believe Soros or anyone else has given any sort of power to Slew, I've got a bridge to sell you. Trolling and cyber-bullying are signs of a very powerless person. Sad, but true.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#59 Dec 10, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
So you really are Smart Liberal with yet another moniker?
I am not, Smart Liberal actually works for his own company, I consult for a company I used to own. He has millions, I have a few less! OK, we straight on that now!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#60 Dec 10, 2012
leah wrote:
<quoted text>I believe it is foolish to vote for the "best man" or a individual. Because they mostly unite and vote for their sides agendas. It is democracy to select persons for your best interests,however,the problem is,we vote for benefits for our selves and our communities, and we are now in mammoth public debt.So in the nation's best interest I vote for the cut spending,and you know from where that comes from...us.Republicans just represent their voters
Mr. Birdist and I have that discussion sometimes. Is it better to vote for a candidate you like who is backed by a party you don't trust, or for a candidate you don't trust who is backed by a party you like? Maybe it's foolish to believe that anything positive could come out of either situation. In the end, I have to answer to myself and my own conscience. Some years that meant I went Democrat, some years Republican, and others Independent.

(And thank you for the civil response!)
Bridgework

Saint Paul, MN

#61 Dec 10, 2012
No. You post the same things. And I seriously doubt that Smart Liberal has any kind of money, unless he inherited it and worked in a family business. He's just not that bright.
Le Jumbo

Saint Paul, MN

#62 Dec 10, 2012
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Birdist and I have that discussion sometimes. Is it better to vote for a candidate you like who is backed by a party you don't trust, or for a candidate you don't trust who is backed by a party you like? Maybe it's foolish to believe that anything positive could come out of either situation. In the end, I have to answer to myself and my own conscience. Some years that meant I went Democrat, some years Republican, and others Independent.
(And thank you for the civil response!)
The much maligned Le Jumbo does in fact post regularly on Topix but is not Seattle Slew, nor most of the posters I am accused of being.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#63 Dec 10, 2012
Le Jumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The much maligned Le Jumbo does in fact post regularly on Topix but is not Seattle Slew, nor most of the posters I am accused of being.
Thank you for clarifying. And you are ...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 5 hr LIbErals 373
Donald trump cooler than rosie O'Donnell 7 hr space ace 25
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 10 hr White_Lightning 285
As long as we're discussing flags, what about M... 10 hr Ribs n Chicken 16
Politically Correct NASCAR 11 hr Ribs n Chicken 1
I'm Voting for Trump 12 hr Tellitlikeitis 12
95% of people at pridefest were gay white boys 12 hr Crassus A Mundo 12
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages