Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

It is only logical that if the large deficit is half caused by lowered taxes that taxes must go over to lower the deficit.
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Republicans are unable to understand logic.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
It is only logical that if the large deficit is half caused by lowered taxes that taxes must go over to lower the deficit.
That is a flat out lied. The current deficit is more than the total amount of money paid in federal income taxes. Double everyone's FIT and we will still be hundreds of billions in the red.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Maybe we should learn from the mistakes of others and just stop spending so much on useless crap.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9707...

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

cantmakeitup wrote:
Maybe we should learn from the mistakes of others and just stop spending so much on useless crap.
Exactly! We do not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
Cant, I apologize. I did an injustice to what you posted. The gist of your point was that when you raise taxes on the super wealthy, they will leave - just as they did in England when tax rates for the rich were raised to 50%.

Here is your article:

Two-thirds of millionaires left Britain to avoid 50p tax rate

Almost two-thirds of the country’s million-pound earners disappeared from Britain after the introduction of the 50p top rate of tax, figures have disclosed.

By Robert Winnett
6:47PM GMT 27 Nov 2012

In the 2009-10 tax year, more than 16,000 people declared an annual income of more than £1 million to HM Revenue and Customs.

This number fell to just 6,000 after Gordon Brown introduced the new 50p top rate of income tax shortly before the last general election.

The figures have been seized upon by the Conservatives to claim that increasing the highest rate of tax actually led to a loss in revenues for the Government.

It is believed that rich Britons moved abroad or took steps to avoid paying the new levy by reducing their taxable incomes.

George Osborne, the Chancellor, announced in the Budget earlier this year that the 50p top rate will be reduced to 45p from next April.

Since the announcement, the number of people declaring annual incomes of more than £1 million has risen to 10,000.

However, the number of million-pound earners is still far below the level recorded even at the height of the recession and financial crisis.

Last night, Harriet Baldwin, the Conservative MP who uncovered the latest figures, said:“Labour’s ideological tax hike led to a tax cull of millionaires.

Far from raising funds, it actually cost the UK £7 billion in lost tax revenue.

“Labour now needs to admit that their policies resulted in millionaires paying less tax and come clean about whether they would reintroduce this failed policy if they were in power.”

Mr Osborne argued earlier this year that the 50p rate was deterring entrepreneurs from coming to Britain.

The Chancellor wanted to scrap the top rate altogether for those earning more than £150,000 a year – and return to the previous system of a basic and top rate of tax.

This was blocked by the Liberal Democrats without a new mansion tax being introduced.

Labour will hold a parliamentary debate today to criticise the decision to reduce the top rate, which Ed Miliband, the Labour leader, has described as a “tax cut for millionaires”.

Senior Coalition figures are locked in negotiations over next Wednesday’s Autumn Statement which will set out government tax policies for next year.

The Tories wish to freeze out-of-work benefits. The handouts usually rise in line with inflation, which has meant that the unemployed are likely to receive a higher rise than most workers can expect.

It is understood that the Lib Dems will only allow the benefits freeze if taxes on the rich are increased.

The Lib Dems have long cherished an increase in taxes for multi-million pound properties. David Cameron has ruled out changes to council tax.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

No injustice there SL. I was going for both points. Stop spending on dumb crap and tax hikes just don't effect the very rich. They either create loopholes or up and take their money elsewhere. On that note, here is a wonderful (or depressing) example of government waste from the Senator from Maryland. This happens because government has gotten so bloated there is simply no longer any way to control it.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
It will be interesting to see how many have fled France since their recent "tax the wealthy" plan went into affect!
Fredo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
No injustice there SL. I was going for both points. Stop spending on dumb crap and tax hikes just don't effect the very rich. They either create loopholes or up and take their money elsewhere. On that note, here is a wonderful (or depressing) example of government waste from the Senator from Maryland. This happens because government has gotten so bloated there is simply no longer any way to control it.
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...
Remember the "Golden Fleece Awards"? Introduced and managed by a democrat, no less! Proxmire would be regarded as fascist and disemboweled by the democrats of today.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>So, you don't "seem" to realize it took years to get here and it will take longer to dig our way out... Post rhetoric, that "helps"... right prick ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Then he would be talking about debt, but he said DEFICIT. Tax breaks are nothing compared to entitlement spending, yet the libtards keep going on about tax breaks.

The last full year tax information published was 2010. We had a $1.3 trillion deficit and income tax revenues of $924 billion. Our deficit was 141% of the amount of income taxes paid! There is no way to tax our way out of that kind of hole. Of course you are going to be the one to actually post rhetoric about taxing the rich and how tax cuts caused our problems.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

He said deficit, so I have to address what a moron said...hardly troll...So, you don't "seem" to realize it took years to get here and it will take longer to dig our way out... Post rhetoric, that "helps"... right prick ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
He said deficit, so I have to address what a moron said...hardly troll...So, you don't "seem" to realize it took years to get here and it will take longer to dig our way out... Post rhetoric, that "helps"... right prick ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Are you calling him a moron for saying deficit, or are you admitting to being a moron who doesn't understand deficit vs. debt?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Are you ASKING moron question and expecting an answer ??? Go play on the freeway transparent headed moron.... LMAOROTFU~~! IMMR UP 40% in 2 days, I guess I win, while YOU WHINE ~! LMAOROTFU~!@
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Are you ASKING moron question and expecting an answer ??? Go play on the freeway transparent headed moron.... LMAOROTFU~~! IMMR UP 40% in 2 days, I guess I win, while YOU WHINE ~! LMAOROTFU~!@
Slewsie,

Me or My Sister, your Mommy, will check up on you in your Rubber Room later....Now put your helmet back on, and go play.....the Grown-ups want to talk.....We see you Slewsie.

Lust You, Uncle Daddy
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Brought to you, by DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKa ~! LMAOROTFU~!

Another teabagger moron, you're in good company...LMAOROTFU~!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Are you still bragging about making $10k to strangers 1600 miles away? Shouldn't you be saving that for stories about murdered kids or drowned puppies?

P.S. Tell us again how Wall Street and the rich are screwing over the middle class while bragging about being rich and making money on Wall Street. Maybe you should go flaunt your $10,000 in front of some poor minority Obama supporters and see what happens.
Uncle Daddy

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Brought to you, by DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKa ~! LMAOROTFU~!
Another teabagger moron, you're in good company...LMAOROTFU~!
Slewsie,

Do not make me call the Asylum and "bump up" your Thorazine Injections!

Now go play with your feces and leave the Grown ups alone!

Uncle Daddy
Consistent on Welfare

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Hey Uncle Daddy, tell us the story again how big bad Mitt Romney defeated Barrack Obama 54% to 46%. That was a GOOD story, and we like how it showed us the polls can't be trusted.

Tell us the story again, Uncle Daddy, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!
Uncle Daddy

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Consistent on Welfare wrote:
Hey Uncle Daddy, tell us the story again how big bad Mitt Romney defeated Barrack Obama 54% to 46%. That was a GOOD story, and we like how it showed us the polls can't be trusted.
Tell us the story again, Uncle Daddy, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!
Slewsie,

Daddy has warned you about going Full Blown Psychotic when the Big Kids are not nice to you. Now turn of the Community Computer in the Day Room at the Asylum, and ask Dr Happy for another Thorazine Injection.

Me and my Sister,("Mommy" to you), Love you very much Slewsie.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

The question becomes, how much revenue will be enough? As is the case at the state level, if you get to a surplus, the Dems will spend it! Without spending reductions, no plan will work and the biggest items on the blcok, have to be Medicare and SS, have to be, they are the biggest two entitlment liabilities we have. Under to non funded federal mandates!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••