Book briefs: Series on Somalis continues

Feb 17, 2013 Full story: St. Cloud Times 10

Notes on writers and recently published books with Minnesota ties. ** Minnesota Historical Society Press has released "Somalis in Minnesota," another book in its The People of Minnesota series, which explores the immigrant and native populations that have built the state.

Read more
AntiMelting

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Somalis have built the state? huh?
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 17, 2013
AntiMelting wrote:
Somalis have built the state? huh?
In “Somalis in Minnesota,” author Ahmed Ismail Yusuf writes about how the Somalia diaspora that began in 1992 has brought more than 50,000 Somalis to Minnesota. He tells readers about the economic, religious, political and cultural practices in the communities that have formed in areas such as Marshall and Minneapolis.

Minnesota is home to the largest populations of Somalis in the United States.
AntiMelting

United States

#3 Feb 17, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>
In “Somalis in Minnesota,” author Ahmed Ismail Yusuf writes about how the Somalia diaspora that began in 1992 has brought more than 50,000 Somalis to Minnesota. He tells readers about the economic, religious, political and cultural practices in the communities that have formed in areas such as Marshall and Minneapolis.
Minnesota is home to the largest populations of Somalis in the United States.
Importing disease, increasing healthcare for Americans and adding to the Liberal base. Not a good situation.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 17, 2013
So much for assimilation.

Racial tension between welfare blacks and welfare Somalis have reached an all time high.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 17, 2013
someone wrote:
So much for assimilation.
Racial tension between welfare blacks and welfare Somalis have reached an all time high.
The cafeteria riot at South high school that started as food fight turned into police and tear gas.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 17, 2013
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
The cafeteria riot at South high school that started as food fight turned into police and tear gas.
Liar!
Tit for Tat

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 17, 2013
Just what Minnesota need, more mfing cab drivers.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Feb 17, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!
I love calling others liar when I am really the liar.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 17, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
I love calling others liar when I am really the liar.
Its one thing to be intellectually dishonest....

Its another thing to be intellectually inferior
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Minnesota is home to the largest populations of Somalis in the United States.

Somalis built Minnesota. No wonder yer state smells so bad!

Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman, 22, missing after leaving Dinkytown bar 6 hr Billionaire Dayton 3
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 7 hr _Zoey_ 214
Spring Break Fun 7 hr FOVR 1
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 14 hr FOVR 336
Hillary Camp Threatens Journalists 14 hr FOVR 8
Somali elders learn mediation to integrate comm... 14 hr FOVR 4
Iran Nuke Deal 16 hr Crassus 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]