Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36590 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#35840 Aug 28, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are not accurate. Why do the scientists communicate in uncertainty numbers or encourage us to curtail fossil fuel burning?
Because it's not like what you claim. Planet Earth is not easy to own or control.
A scientific consensus has yet to be established.

And I like quoting glaciologists.

Even if the world ends carbon pollution overnight, void of a major disaster, sea levels will rise between 3' to 120' by the end of the century. With a 6' of sea-level rise, South Florida becomes a toilet.

The 3.58M video below explains why I like 70'.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/02/01/1...

Regardless, if humans do not curtail the ever-increasing burning of fossil fuels, our planet is toast.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35841 Aug 28, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless, if humans do not curtail the ever-increasing burning of fossil fuels, our planet is toast.
Change will happen no matter if humans are on this earth or not. It doesn't mean the planet is "toast" - it means that everybody and everything will have to adjust - just as has always happened.
SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#35842 Aug 28, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused unfortunately. Please explain these sentences of yours in your own words.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#35843 Aug 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe a couple of Science Utility Vehicules
get going, Mars needs you

PS you misspelled
vehicles badly, are you a high school dropout?

“you know i know”

denver

#35844 Aug 28, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the world ends carbon pollution overnight, void of a major disaster, sea levels will rise between 3' to 120' by the end of the century. With a 6' of sea-level rise, South Florida becomes a toilet.
not even remotely true.

“you know i know”

denver

#35845 Aug 28, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been dangerous to live close to water, people act foolishly constantly.

“you know i know”

denver

#35846 Aug 28, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you say so?
Capt. Stained Panties.
SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#35847 Aug 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

get going, Mars needs you
PS you misspelled
vehicles badly, are you a high school dropout?
Actually, it's correct spelling if you could speak more than one language as that poster does.

You could have checked the spelling for yourself.
SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#35848 Aug 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been dangerous to live close to water, people act foolishly constantly.
Wow.. speaking of one-language only, you are bad at it while also incorrect in grammar.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#35849 Aug 29, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Arf, some more of "Brian_G" science fantasies - The Armies directed atomic bombs explosions to check if they were as powerfull as calculated by scientists, and in the atmosphere precisely to AVOID lifting clouds of ashes in the atmosphere.- Few tons of an A or an a H bomb materials blasted to dust in the atmosphere were not supposed to have any impact on atmosphere, that's an insignificant quantity.- You are not supposed to cool atmosphere adding energy in it.
Yet S.B. wrote the atmospheric bursts saved climate from a raging fever.

Me, I don't think we have the power to change climate.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35850 Aug 29, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Yet S.B. wrote the atmospheric bursts saved climate from a raging fever.
Me, I don't think we have the power to change climate.
Where is your permit to speak for me? No where, jose.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#35851 Aug 29, 2014
PEW poll: As New Dangers Loom, More Think the U.S. Does ‘Too Little’ to Solve World Problems

SIXTY-EIGHT percent of Democrats believe that global climate change is a major threat to the United States while only 65 percent of Democrats believe that ISIS is a major threat.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/08/28/as-new...

Location hidden

#35852 Aug 29, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.. speaking of one-language only, you are bad at it while also incorrect in grammar.
You must be this thread's grammar Nazi, yes?

Good writing demonstrates a way of thinking, not a canonization of rules and structures.

Considering all your polemics about grammar, your should be embarrassed that the syntax in the above sentence is incorrect.

And the gerund "speaking" should be capitalized.

Last, you are a moron.

Location hidden

#35853 Aug 29, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, tsk.

That should be "nowhere."

You might want to consider an occupation other than grammar Nazi.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35854 Aug 29, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good writing demonstrates a way of thinking, not a canonization of rules and structures.
Considering all your polemics about grammar, your should be embarrassed that the syntax in the above sentence is incorrect.
Last, you are a moron.
So you could not explain what you wrote in:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

You are wrong, not just confused.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35855 Aug 29, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, tsk.
That should be "nowhere."
You might want to consider an occupation other than grammar Nazi.
Silly..

Read my last post..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35856 Aug 29, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused unfortunately. Please explain these sentences of yours in your own words.
That was too kind. It blew hot air for nothing.

[no thing, jose]

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#35857 Aug 29, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Last, you are a moron.
Dude, if you're going to be this pompous, at least be right.

An ellipsis is followed by a lower case character.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35858 Aug 29, 2014
Wanderer2452 wrote:
<quoted text>
Last, you are a moron.
No. Read the post I responded to.

Your writing demonstrated confusion. You have not explained yourself per my request. NOT GOOD.

Then, see how I used 'your' and 'you' above. Hence, you were wrong to write "your should be" in your reply to me. You should have used 'you' instead.

See also that I used 'above' correctly. Your use of "above" identifies your previous sentence as incorrect. Of course, I would agree that it is a poorly expressed idea.

As to your use of "gerund" ... wow.. it is superfluous. Of course, Fair Game is correct in correcting you in your confusion for capitalization. You are wrong, again.

Fortunately, your last sentence is not true either.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#35859 Aug 29, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Didn't you write: "SpaceBlues wrote: "The main lesson from the past atomic bomb explosions in our atmosphere is that they slowed down the global warming that was already raging"

SB believes the most harmful things in the world will save the climate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is your opinion on Greta Van Sustern and h... 7 hr Space ace 3
How many of us since the Pioneer Press days sti... 10 hr DSM Local 11
Dont watch the oscars 12 hr Space ace 21
It started praying 12 hr Space ace 3
Keith ellison communist scum qualifications 14 hr Space ace 8
What does " bigly" mean 16 hr LIbEralS 11
Liberals sinking further into insanity Sun LIbErals 23

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance