Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 38432 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#35702 Aug 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Deniers hate and defame climate scientists unless they are in fossil-fuel pockets. Professor Mann was in the team that won the Nobel prize. We have published about this over and over. Presently, there's litigation in court where the defamers are being sued by Dr Mann.
None of these deniers could ever do that nor their pockets, LOL.
"Professor Mann was in the team that won the Nobel prize"

O Bama won the Nobel Peace Prize also - what is your point?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#35703 Aug 22, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you may want to take that up with the author of the article I POSTED the LINK to...
Oh no, sorry - I meant, support your claims with real evidence. Babble from the DailyMail isn't evidence.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear...:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35704 Aug 22, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, sorry - I meant, support your claims with real evidence. Babble from the DailyMail isn't evidence.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear...:)
Sorry, you'll have to do your own leg work...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35705 Aug 22, 2014
Anyone with outdoor or travel plans this weekend in western Montana and Wyoming should be prepared for rapidly changing and winterlike conditions.

hile much of the U.S. will swelter in heat and humidity this weekend, it will feel more like fall, or even winter, for much of Montana and Wyoming.

An unseasonably cold low pressure system is expected to bring below-average temperatures to the northern Rockies through early next week. Temperatures will be up to 35 degrees below average in some locations this weekend. Glacier National Park may not even reach 50 degrees for a high on Saturday.

In fact, low temperatures will drop below freezing in the higher elevations, leading to the chance for the first snow of the season to fall. In West Glacier, Montana, the average date for the first temperature below 32 degrees is Sept. 13, so the cold conditions are about three weeks ahead of schedule.

http://www.wunderground.com/news/first-snow-a...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#35706 Aug 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Of course, future is harder to predict under man-made global climate change. Deniers will continue to get frustrated until they decide to be part of the solution.
Skeptics are part of the solution; emitting carbon dioxide is fun. Don't be a fear monger; nobody knows the effects of man made greenhouse gasses on climate because there've been no experimental tests.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#35709 Aug 23, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
been very chilly here at night lately, must be that globull warming lol
No, the polar vortex is drunk again like it was over last winter. Scientists see the drunk polar vortex as more proof our atmosphere is broken from too much human-induced greenhouse gas carbon pollution . Obama's new Carbon regulatory rules for U S power plants couldn't have come fast enough . We need more EPA intervention to keep coal and other fossil fuels 'in the ground' before the Carbon Bubble bursts and another world economic collapse erupts like Bush/Cheney's World Recession 2008.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35710 Aug 23, 2014
August 21, 2014

Cause of global warming hiatus found deep in the Atlantic Ocean:

Following rapid warming in the late 20th century, this century has so far seen surprisingly little increase in the average temperature at the Earth’s surface. At first this was a blip, then a trend, then a puzzle for the climate science community.

More than a dozen theories have now been proposed for the so-called global warming hiatus, ranging from air pollution to volcanoes to sunspots. New research from the University of Washington shows that the heat absent from the surface is plunging deep in the north and south Atlantic Ocean, and is part of a NATURALLY OCCURRING cycle. The study is published Aug. 22 in Science.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/08/21/cau...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35711 Aug 23, 2014
Man made Global Warming?

Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano began erupting Saturday under the ice of Europe's largest glacier, prompting the country to close the airspace over the volcano.

It was not clear when, or if, the eruption would melt through the ice — which is between 100 to 400 meters (330 to 1,300 feet) thick — and fling steam and ash into the air. She said it could take up to a day for the ice to melt — or the eruption might remain contained beneath Europe's largest glacier.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/quakes...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#35712 Aug 23, 2014
Cold summer: US daily record minimums outnumbering record maximums 3 to 1 in the last 30 days

Plus, there have been new snowfall records, almost unheard of in summer.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/08/23/cold-su...
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#35713 Aug 23, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you'll have to do your own leg work...
I have to support your claims for you?

LOL!

Don't think so, Clyde. Get a clue.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#35714 Aug 23, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Skeptics are part of the solution; emitting carbon dioxide is fun. Don't be a fear monger; nobody knows the effects of man made greenhouse gasses on climate because there've been no experimental tests.
The time for skepticism on Warming and Climate Change is past; real scientists know this. You're not a real scientist, Brainless.

Emitting C02 is killing the world we live on. Unfortunately, it's home to a lot of people who aren't Deniers, which makes mitigation an absolute must.

"No experimental tests?" Greenhouse-gas warming was discovered in the 19th century.

Idiot. Liar. Fool.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35715 Aug 23, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to support your claims for you?
LOL!
Don't think so, Clyde. Get a clue.
Exactly what claim are you talking about?
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#35716 Aug 24, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what claim are you talking about?
OMG, you've forgotten already?

Get mental help, and fast....:)
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#35717 Aug 24, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
August 21, 2014
Cause of global warming hiatus found deep in the Atlantic Ocean:
Following rapid warming in the late 20th century, this century has so far seen surprisingly little increase in the average temperature at the Earth’s surface. At first this was a blip, then a trend, then a puzzle for the climate science community.
More than a dozen theories have now been proposed for the so-called global warming hiatus, ranging from air pollution to volcanoes to sunspots. New research from the University of Washington shows that the heat absent from the surface is plunging deep in the north and south Atlantic Ocean, and is part of a NATURALLY OCCURRING cycle. The study is published Aug. 22 in Science.
http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/08/21/cau...
The ocean is now warming faster than the land or air....this isn't news.

The ocean warming is driven by the land and air warming, and continues to drive warming....this isn't news.

Ocean warming affecting things like, oh, say, the Antarctic ice....this isn't news.

You deliberately, or stupidly, misinterpret science once again. This, too, is not news.
Show Me The Studies

Minneapolis, MN

#35718 Aug 24, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
The ocean is now warming faster than the land or air....this isn't news.
The ocean warming is driven by the land and air warming, and continues to drive warming....this isn't news.
Ocean warming affecting things like, oh, say, the Antarctic ice....this isn't news.
You deliberately, or stupidly, misinterpret science once again. This, too, is not news.
Those are some of the more popular opinions as to why Global Warming has ended.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35719 Aug 24, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, you've forgotten already?
Get mental help, and fast....:)
YOU have yet to point out ANY claim I have made.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#35721 Aug 25, 2014
scirocco wrote:
Cold summer: US daily record minimums outnumbering record maximums 3 to 1 in the last 30 days
Plus, there have been new snowfall records, almost unheard of in summer.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/08/23/cold-su...
To have snowfall records, there must be huge evaporation somewhere else

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#35722 Aug 25, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
The time for skepticism on Warming and Climate Change is past; real scientists know this. You're not a real scientist, Brainless.
The validity of an argument don't rest on the messenger.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
Emitting C02 is killing the world we live on.
Where I live, plants require CO2 for food.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
Unfortunately, it's home to a lot of people who aren't Deniers, which makes mitigation an absolute must.
Climate change mitigation has never been experimentally demonstrated; it's a hoax.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
"No experimental tests?" Greenhouse-gas warming was discovered in the 19th century. Idiot. Liar. Fool.
That's right, in more than 100 years, climate change mitigation has never been demonstrated, nor any experimental test of man made climate change.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#35724 Aug 25, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, future is harder to predict under man-made global climate change. Deniers will continue to get frustrated until they decide to be part of the solution.
So says the "science" denier.

You don't practice what you preach. That makes you both a "denier" of the science you promote.

AND a hypocrite.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#35726 Aug 25, 2014
litesong wrote:
Do I care what blather another global warming hypocrite posts?

Nope.

But thanks for again confirming all your screeds about "science" are just empty and vacuous jibber-jabber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump says arm the teachers. Hahahahaha 2 hr Davycrockett 22
Uncle Sam tried to arm trump. Hahaha 2 hr Davycrockett 7
How many armed guards when Reagan got shot? 2 hr Davycrockett 1
How much more can trump be? 3 hr Davycrockett 6
Space ace Got A New Job 7 hr MAGAfiggypops 7
Looking for a clean toilet 7 hr MAGAfiggypops 10
I Discoed With The My Pillow Guy Last Night 13 hr MAGAfiggypops 8

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance