Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37427 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

FollowTheMoney

United States

#35254 Jul 18, 2014
Global Warming is an industry fabricated from the ground up by some really clever grant writers to fund their never ending wild goose hunt. Hey it beats getting a job in real science. True genius at work. Toss in a few blind followers and some self promoting politicians and let the good times roll! Make no mistake - they are not dumb at all but their genius is in the ability to pull off such a scam rather than in the fairy tale "science" they promote. They deny the facts but are quick to call others "deniers" - one of the greatest scams in modern history. Post some additional links to the opinions of "scientists" that are funded by the scam to convince others of your case - it is very amusing. Let me guess - you and your merry band of scam artists could still save the world if we give you the power and FUNDING you really need to save us from ourselves? Follow the fairy tales if you want a good story - follow the money if you want the truth. It IS upsetting when those with even the most pedestrian intellect don't buy into the scam isn't it?
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#35256 Jul 18, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
We WILL mitigate global warming by sharply reducing emissions...
Prove it.

Shut up, and stop your CO2 emissions.

Bet you won't... or can't.

What a dupe.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#35257 Jul 18, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolls can't ignore posters who slap them around for trolling.
giving up your cover, little kweer fella?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#35258 Jul 18, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
"Freedom" has nothing to do with global warming. NO political position or party or ideology has anything whatsoever to do with global warming. We WILL mitigate global warming by sharply reducing emissions, or we will suffer severe repercussions.
express your freedom of speech, little moronic fella. tell the forum on a scientific basis how you know your opinions are a basis of fact.

WE WILL WAIT, stupid.

i bet you can't. you have no education. you have no sound basis for your beliefs. you just do and say what your POLITICAL party suggests you should.

bwaaahahahahahaha

what a moron.

who is "WE" when you say mitigate? are you hypocrites going to stop spewing nonsense on the internet and stop wasting co2?

i bet not!!! what a crock of shyt you people are full of.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#35259 Jul 18, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say
Climate Records Shattered in 2013
bullshyt.

debunked.

you are a confirmed liar who insists mann won a nobel.

dismissed, little creep.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#35261 Jul 18, 2014
FollowTheMoney wrote:
Global Warming is an industry fabricated from the ground up by some really clever grant writers to fund their never ending wild goose hunt. Hey it beats getting a job in real science. True genius at work. Toss in a few blind followers and some self promoting politicians and let the good times roll! Make no mistake - they are not dumb at all but their genius is in the ability to pull off such a scam rather than in the fairy tale "science" they promote. They deny the facts but are quick to call others "deniers" - one of the greatest scams in modern history. Post some additional links to the opinions of "scientists" that are funded by the scam to convince others of your case - it is very amusing. Let me guess - you and your merry band of scam artists could still save the world if we give you the power and FUNDING you really need to save us from ourselves? Follow the fairy tales if you want a good story - follow the money if you want the truth. It IS upsetting when those with even the most pedestrian intellect don't buy into the scam isn't it?
government in this day and age is a booming business. too bad that model will implode on itself.....and the mullets who subscribe to that idiocy.

time and money always proves leftists wrong. worry not. in about six months the curtain will fall once and for all on the climate hoaxsters.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#35262 Jul 18, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool weather in summer - no global warming!
but your crowd insist spring tornadoes are proof of your hoax.

care to back up that claim, son???

naw.....you just have smart ass remarks, don't you?

typical of inner city liberals with a less than stellar public education.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#35263 Jul 18, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool weather in summer - no global warming!
Al Gore - no global warming!
It's not often you see the Idiot Denier Twofer expressed so succinctly...:)
No, Capt.Cartoon

COLD FRONT in Florida in July.

First one I've ever seen.

Global Warming is HOG CRAP peddled by sleazy Leftwing con artists.

Keep believing your chicken little fairy tale - fine with me.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#35265 Jul 19, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say Climate Records Shattered in 2013
^^^More evidence of broken science, even the recorded history is an unreliable climate model. We've never seen a test of increased or decreased experimental CO2 emissions changing climate but faith lives on.

Climate change mitigation is more religion than science and our freedom is at stake. Nobody stops you from radically decreasing your greenhouse gas emissions and you must leave us the freedom to increase our greenhouse gas emissions. Science without consent is unethical. Climate change mitigation is based on untested theory and increased government control; bad for all.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#35266 Jul 19, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
"Freedom" has nothing to do with global warming.
Climate change mitigation is all about restricting your freedom to emit greenhouse gases. We depend on fossil fuel for transportation and most of our electricity supply; climate change mitigation means more expensive energy and fuel. C.Y. would call our CO2 emissions and externality of the market but nature treats our carbon dioxide like fertilizer.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
NO political position or party or ideology has anything whatsoever to do with global warming.
Conservatives generally oppose climate change mitigations and liberals support it; this is pure ideology, the left's faith government can save them from man made catastrophic climate disruption.

I'm a conservative, I oppose populist climate governance; we have the names of the people who sponsored climate bills and signed climate treaties and pacts; there will be a reckoning.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
We WILL mitigate global warming by sharply reducing emissions, or we will suffer severe repercussions.
You may do as you please with your emissions; that's the beauty of freedom. Use as much CO2 as you like for your farms, or emit as much as you like by using fossil fuel.

The only thing keeping fuel prices high is the flood of dollars the Federal Reserve is dumping on the markets.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
That doesn't matter to trolling morons like you,
I'm looking forward to passing the 500ppmv mark; every molecule of CO2 we emit feeds the world. I'm pro greenhouse gas emissions; we are carbon beings efluence is a fact of life. When we stop emitting carbon dioxide, we die.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
but it will matter to our descendents. How would you answer their angry demands to know why you did NOTHING,
I'll tell them I helped fight fascist Islamists, not CO2 emissions. They won't be surprised, if there's a successful experimental test of climate change mitigation, I'll get aboard but until then, I oppose pseudoscience hoaxes driven by power hungry crony capitalists, politicians and scientists who depend on our taxes to fund their favorite research subjects.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
troll?
Try to focus on the argument, insults are for children.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
Why do you WANT them to suffer the repercussions you dismiss so airily?
I want abundant energy and fuel, government to encourage the production and use of all fuel, letting consumers and producers decide instead of using government force.

Captain Yesterday wrote:
Luckily you won't have to. But you SHOULD.
I do explain my point of view and I challenge you to explain yours. What's the most compelling experiment for climate change mitigation you've found? We should discuss this before keeping the impoverishment of conservation.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35267 Jul 19, 2014
Where have all the old deniers gone? They left without apology or goodbyes.

The new deniers are from the same block of ignorance. They can never participate in a science based discussion but engage completely in hyperbole as their ony venue.

Isn't the sky falling for you, deniers?
Yep2

Roy, WA

#35268 Jul 19, 2014
Reality Deniers are with us always.

I'll take Reality - like a cold front in July - over Crazy Al's political scam anytime.

Keep your eye on the sky, Chicken Little.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#35270 Jul 19, 2014
There is no apology or goodbye, climate change mitigation is dead.

Climate always changes.

The sky is not falling.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#35271 Jul 19, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
Reality Deniers are with us always. I'll take Reality - like a cold front in July - over Crazy Al's political scam anytime. Keep your eye on the sky, Chicken Little.
The coldest July, thank God.

Climate change mitigation is never saying you're sorry. Hundreds of NATO citizens killed by Putin. Obama says, no problem.
SpaceBlues

Tomball, TX

#35272 Jul 19, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO - U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack visited drought-stricken homeowners on Friday in Central California, saying drought and climate change would require major investment to secure future water supplies.

Vilsack also announced $9.7 million in new emergency drought aid to help rural Californians hurt by the state's three-year drought.

A drought monitor sponsored by the federal government says 81 per cent of the state is experiencing major agricultural losses and widespread water shortages or restrictions.

All but one of the state's 58 counties are now federally designated disaster areas because of the drought, making farmers and ranchers eligible for emergency loans, according to the agriculture department.
SpaceBlues

Tomball, TX

#35273 Jul 19, 2014
MADISON, Wis.(AP)– Wisconsin agricultural officials have added seven more counties to the state’s emerald ash borer quarantine.

The Department of Agriculture has found the destructive insect in three of those seven counties – Columbia, Grant and Monroe. The rest are in close proximity, which include Richland, Iowa, Lafayette and Green.

That brings the total number of counties under quarantine to 29.

For businesses handling wood products, it means they must work with ag officials to assure the products are pest free before shipping to non-quarantine counties. For citizens, it restricts the movement of firewood.

Since the emerald ash borer was first discovered in North America, it has killed tens of millions of ash trees in 18 states.
SpaceBlues

Tomball, TX

#35274 Jul 19, 2014
OKLAHOMA CITY — Drought conditions that continued through spring, followed by a late freeze in April and untimely rains in June have produced the poorest Oklahoma wheat crop in nearly a half century, Oklahoma agriculture officials said.

The official forecast is for 51 million bushels of Oklahoma's top cash crop, the lowest amount since 43 million bushels were harvested in 1957, according to Mike Schulte, executive director of the Oklahoma Wheat Commission.

The harvest, which began in early June, was officially considered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be 97 percent complete as of Monday, Schulte said.

"Right when it (harvest) was beginning to start we got untimely rains, and the farmers are grateful for the moisture, it just really came at a time when producers were trying to get out into the fields," Schulte said.

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2014/07/17/37...
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#35275 Jul 19, 2014
Al Gore explains to startled audience that global warming causes extreme cold temperatures.

Global Warming causes Ice Ages!

ding dong

ding dong
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#35276 Jul 19, 2014
We had drought conditions in Florida for years.

In the past few years the rivers have been hitting record flood levels, retention ponds are filling, and vegetation has become so dense that it overwhelms cutting machinery.

Regional effects - not global.

Reality Deniers are selling snake oil.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35277 Jul 19, 2014
Is Cold Now Winning Over Warmth?

You would expect the number of record high temperatures and record low temperature to balance out over time, but that has not been the case. While last year and this year record lows have outpaced record highs, the overall trend has been on the warmer side for a while.

This is statistically the warmest time of the year for a majority of the U.S. And yet here we are talking about record cold air invading the U.S. With temperatures plunging 10°F to 30°F below normal, record low temperatures are being set across the Midwest, Ohio Valley, and parts of the Southeast.

http://www.wearecentralpa.com/story/d/story/i...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 11 min Just Think 184
Trump vs The NFL 35 min Truth Squad 9
Edukated Ebony NFL Player 6 hr DeCrassus 1
NFL Embarrassment in London 6 hr Crassus 7
When did trump honor the flag? Hahaha 6 hr Cat Fan 4
Why Are Black Players Taking A Knee 7 hr Davycrockett 4
I'm Black Look How Cool I Am 7 hr Davycrockett 8

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance