Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
31,521 - 31,540 of 32,332 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
When the high priest of AGW fat Al Snore agrees to a debate I'll put up. In the meantime you warble on.
“The scientific evidence for global warming is overwhelming and no one can prove otherwise,” Keating said.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>“The scientific evidence for global warming is overwhelming and no one can prove otherwise,” Keating said.
co2 emission have steadily increased during a time where no warming has occurred for almost 2 decades.

http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/87895868138/...

proof that man made emissions do not drive heat.

dismissed.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

where can i request the $10k check due me?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
When the high priest of AGW fat Al Snore agrees to a debate I'll put up. In the meantime you warble on.
FYI. Keating is the author of the recent book “Undeniable: Dialogues on Global Warming,” which employs a Socratic-style discussion between three friends over email in a climate change polemic.
Cuckoo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You ignored the contents of the post. Don't you find this an important criticism of Dr. Keating's challenge?
"Fourthly, you must learn not to bracket those who on legitimate and serious scientific and economic grounds question your belief system with Holocaust deniers. In Scotland and in a growing number of other European countries, using such totalitarian hate-speech terms is - rightly - a criminal offense in that it is seen as a shoddy insult to the six million Jews who were murdered by a previous generation of totalitarians. If you want potential challengers to take you seriously, ditch the hate-speech"
Christopher Monkton

Topix only supports hate speech.. My bad

“Captain Yesterday's the Future”

Since: Oct 10

New New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't make the wager, you pathetic moronic fool. nobody at my house would make such a stupid bet.
again.....where can i collect my money?
Wouldn't you have to "prove" something in order to collect on a bet, troll? When have you ever done that?

EVER?

I've never seen it. I'd venture to say that no one else here has, either.

More pathetic trolling and posturing from sad li'l you....
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
my house
There is no house in the down wrong gully.

“Captain Yesterday's the Future”

Since: Oct 10

New New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...don't be mean to RiteUptheCrack, it means well....:)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember tina's adrdess?

LOL.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Do you remember tina's addess?
LOL.
Think she left to help Norfolk against the rising sea level.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you have to "prove" something in order to collect on a bet, troll? When have you ever done that?
EVER?
I've never seen it. I'd venture to say that no one else here has, either.
More pathetic trolling and posturing from sad li'l you....
that's all we've asked from the alarmist crowd.

psssst.....think scientific method. it might clear up your confusion in spite of your lack of education.

you can even google it, son!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
So minute use of electricity "puffs" something "into the atmosphere," wuss-boy? Is that what you're whining about?
Maybe you could tell us when those who seek to control global warming have advocated against all use of electrical power, Agnes, is that doable?
It's so funny when you trot out that disingenous and hypocritical twaddle, then act all tough and pretend you've "made a point."
As if! ROTFLMAO!
no, son, it only points out your idiocy and hypocrisy.

btw....what exactly is your plan for controlling the planetary climate? we'd love to hear that!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2014

Judged:

looks like we have a warmie circle jerk 'pep squad' rally tonight folks!

bwaahahhhaahaaaa

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>co2 emission have steadily increased during a time where no warming has occurred for almost 2 decades.
http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/87895868138/...
proof that man made emissions do not drive heat.
dismissed.
"...the Pause may pause..."?

Monckton is covering all bases.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense.
“The scientific evidence for global warming is overwhelming and no one can prove otherwise,” Keating said.
The "nonsense" is you posting and posting and posting, spewing more and more CO2 into the atmosphere that your "settled" "consensus" science alleges is already at "crisis" levels.

Hypocrite.
Liar.
Phony.
Dupe.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the Pause may pause..."?
Monckton is covering all bases.
And warmists have hundreds of "studies" in a giant rolodex that they scan when any weather event occurs and say, "See... we have a study that says so."

Never mind that 'new' study contradicts a former one.

Do shut up... save the atmosphere from your evil CO2.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And warmists have hundreds of "studies" in a giant rolodex that they scan when any weather event occurs and say, "See... we have a study that says so."
Never mind that 'new' study contradicts a former one.
Do shut up... save the atmosphere from your evil CO2.
Hey moth, you don't understand science so why comment lies about it, evil?

FRISCO — Inaction on climate change is probably the costliest option for the European Union, which could not only see direct costs of €190 billion, but also a net loss of 1.8 percent of its current GDP. Premature mortality accounts for more than half of the overall welfare losses (€120 billion), followed by impacts on coasts (€42 billion) and agriculture (€18 billion).

“No action is clearly the most expensive solution of all. Why pay for the damages when we can invest in reducing our climate impacts and becoming a competitive low-carbon economy?” said Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action.“Taking action and taking a decision on the 2030 climate and energy framework in October, will bring us just there and make Europe ready for the fight against climate change,” she said.

By the 2080s, the EU could see heat-related deaths double to 200,000 per year and the cost of river flooding could exceed €10 billion. Forest fires in southern Europe may burn up to 8,000 square kilometers of forest per year, and damages from coastal flooding could more than triple, based on the detailed new analysis by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre, which carefully analyzed the impacts of climate change in 9 different sectors: agriculture, river floods, coasts, tourism, energy, droughts, forest fires, transport infrastructure and human health. The report also includes a pilot study on habitat suitability of forest tree species.

The analysis also showed how climate change impacts will play out in different regions, with southern and south-central Europe taking the biggest hit. But cuts in greenhouse gas emissions to keep temperatures from rising more than 2 degrees Celsius could cut the costs of climate change by 30 percent, according to the analysis.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hey moth, you don't understand science so why comment lies about it, evil?
What do you care?

You claim to be all the about the "science" but still spew out more and more CO2 as if the "crisis" doesn't exist.

Just shut up... save the planet, and Topix from your bullshyt.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you care?
You claim to be all the about the "science" but still spew out more and more CO2 as if the "crisis" doesn't exist.
Just shut up... save the planet, and Topix from your bullshyt.
Save the planet, etc? You represent yourself well.

STUART PIMM: Extinction is a death rate. We’re used to think of human beings as dying off at a rate of one or two people a year. Species ought to die off at the rate of one species in 10 million every year. What’s happening is that species are going extinct at a rate of 100 to a 1,000 species extinctions per million species. That’s a rate that’s very very much higher that we thought it was.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Save the planet, etc?
More double-speak from the global warming hypocrite.

Shut up already.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis