Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#33783 May 14, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" fits the bill for a sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.
This is simply liberal speak for "you have ideas that I don't agree with".

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#33784 May 14, 2014
maybe.......but, i never claimed france was the worst. your country is just very bad when it comes to anti-semitism.

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

#33785 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
maybe.......but, i never claimed france was the worst. your country is just very bad when it comes to anti-semitism.
[off-topic]That must be the reason why we have Europe's largest jew population[/off-topic]

#33786 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
[off-topic] Read this http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-release...
and stop accusing France being so bad at the Jews [/off-topic]

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#33787 May 14, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
[off-topic] Read this http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-release...
and stop accusing France being so bad at the Jews [/off-topic]
the u.s. has over 11 times more jews than france. AND we haven't expelled jews once. what about france....has it been 4 or 5 times that you people have expelled them?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33788 May 14, 2014
Climate change is now recognized as a major threat to global biodiversity, and one that is already causing widespread local extinctions. However, the specific causes of these present and future extinctions are much less clear. Here, we have reviewed the presently available evidence for the proximate causes of extinction from climate change. Our review shows that only a handful of studies have focused specifically on these factors, and very few suggest a straightforward relationship between limited tolerance to high temperatures and local extinction. Instead, a diverse set of factors is implicated, including effects of precipitation, food abundance and mismatched timing with host species. Overall, we argue that understanding the proximate causes of extinction from climate change should be an urgent priority for future research. For example, it is hard to imagine truly effective strategies for species conservation that ignore these proximate causes. We also outline some general approaches that may be used to identify these causes. However, we make the important caveat that the relative importance of different proximate causes may change radically over the next 100 years as climate continues to change, and limited physiological tolerances to high temperatures may become the dominant cause of extinction. Nevertheless, our review suggests the disturbing possibility that there may be many extinctions due to other proximate causes long before physiological tolerances to high temperatures become predominant.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#33789 May 14, 2014

#33790 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
the u.s. has over 11 times more jews than france. AND we haven't expelled jews once. what about france....has it been 4 or 5 times that you people have expelled them?
[off-topic]The Jews have been persecuted, ghettoised and expelled dozens of times in all christian Europe.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
http://www.algemeiner.com/2014 /01/27/hate-filled-protest-in- france-attracts-thousands-crow d-chants-jew-france-is-not-for -you-video/
There were much more hate screams at the president and the gays than at the Jews by some hundreds mixed far right and islamists demonstrators. The jews just heard antisemitic screams.[/off-topic]

What the hell this has to see with GW controversy ?

“guess who?”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#33791 May 14, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have a handrill with 2 batteries, while I work with one for 6~8 hours, the second is being charged within an hour. When first have gone flat, I change it in less than 6 seconds with the charged one. Just notice that 1 hour is full charge, half an hour for 3/4 charge.
By the way, my handrill is a DeWalt, US made, professional equipment. http://www.dewalt.com/Home.aspx
I was just telling that if cars where to turn electric powered, best was to have standardized batteries to change at stations. Change of batteries would be shorter than refilling a gazoline car tank.
Mistaken as usual, frenchy, I was in the battery business for 17 years, I'll be the expert here.

“guess who?”

denver

#33792 May 14, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Better go to the source of information http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
instead of posting rotten links
The only problem is is that warmers are dishonest, they're liars, they're hysterical, they can't be trusted for accurate news.

“guess who?”

denver

#33793 May 14, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Better go to the source of information http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
instead of posting rotten links
try this one, petit porc epic:

www.washingtonpost.com/.../antarctic-sea -...
The Washington Post
by Jason Samenow - in 1,238 Google+ circles
Sep 23, 2013 - Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight ... That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in ..

The WP wouldn't lie, would they?

“guess who?”

denver

#33794 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Read this one..
http://news.yahoo.com/5-myths-antarctic-melt-...
same as previous post but not broken.
So, ABC and the WP is posting lies? Is that your claim?

“guess who?”

denver

#33795 May 14, 2014
Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday

The Washington Post
Sep 23, 2013 - Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight ... That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in ...

Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.
On Saturday, the ice extent reached 19.51 million square kilometers, according to data posted on the National Snow and Ice Data Center Web site. That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in 2012 (of 19.48 million square kilometers). Records date back to October 1978.

Again,the hysterics are proven full of crap.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33796 May 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
So, ABC and the WP is posting lies? Is that your claim?
No, not this time.
Beth

Saint Paul, MN

#33797 May 14, 2014
The Global Warming/Climate change SCAM makes Madoff's scam look like ripping off a bubble gum machine as compared to ripping off Fort Knox. NEVER BEFORE have "leaders" of the USA have perpetrated such a crime on the entire country. Time to END IT!!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#33798 May 14, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>

What the hell this has to see with GW controversy ?
no more than your stupid rant about urbanization, son.

rack 'em up. i'm more than happy to school you on another subject!!!

:-D

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#33800 May 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
try this one, petit porc epic:
The Washington Post
Sep 23, 2013 - Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight ... That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in ..
The WP wouldn't lie, would they?
After a 20 year study on Western Antarctic, it's melting faster than predicted. The Antarctic is very large. the same conditions don't affect the whole area in the same way. Just like America. How long did the sea ice last and how much further was it's melt, than previous years? Solomon Islands and I think Tonga are being swallowed by the sea. Many other low lying Islands and areas close to the sea are being flooded more and more each year.
The whole world has been experiencing extreme weather, some areas in drought for 15 years. I've lived for 50 years I don't need anyone to tell me there is something up with the weather, I can feel it. I live In Melbourne Australia, it's 23 deg. here today and there is no way it should be. I can't wear my faux fur coat anymore as it just isn't cold enough, this is year after year after year now, not just pleasant weather this year.

“guess who?”

denver

#33801 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, not this time.
http://news.yahoo.com/5-myths-antarctic-melt-...

5 Myths About Antarctic Melt
LiveScience.com By By Becky Oskin, Senior Writer
17 hours ago

“guess who?”

denver

#33802 May 14, 2014
Pipelines?

Forget Sanctions Over Ukraine: Russia Scores Massive Gas Pipeline Deal With China
Russia's President Vladimir Putin shakes hands with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Moscow. China and Russia are set to cement their energy alliance next week with an expected agreement to build a natural gas pipeline between the two nations that would secure a huge new market for the world's
Business Insider from RSS

some people get it, not gullible American saps

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#33803 May 15, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
It's clear that you haven't any experimental science understanding, but you should understand simple things such as "stop parroting at me"
Can you explain the lack of experiments for climate change mitigation? I'd like to learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autopsy reports on Ferguson Shooting 4 hr Space ace 15
Local widow of Ebola victim waiting for survivo... 13 hr Free Money 1
Twin Cities: lowest metro unemployment rate in US 16 hr Liberal 24
Nina Pham 'cured of Ebola' and set to meet Obama 17 hr Liberal 6
New York physician tests positive for Ebola Fri cantmakeitup 4
He fled, fired -- and died (Feb '07) Fri Gonar 163
Denver Somali Girls Try to Join ISIS Fri cantmakeitup 5
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs