Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 34401 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#33215 Apr 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>haahaahaa
The poster asked for natural contributions to co2 emissions. If you want to add that to the list....who am I to disagree. Thanks for playing, sport. You seemed to like peeing on your own foot!
There isn't anything more 'natural contribution' than coal, wood, oil,(ie. fossil fuels) that were formed through millions of years by the Sun. Fossil fuels was a free, once-in-a-millennium gift from the Sun and we wasted and used it up in less than 100 years and threatened to destroy Earth's atmosphere by our over-excess.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#33216 Apr 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
You said: " is caused by population growth and prosperity"
I don't discuss population growth[.] Brian emphasizes on poverty too
No, I mentioned poverty; the emphasis is on productivity and prosperity offered by industrialization and the corresponding urban population growth.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#33217 Apr 28, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Too much urbanization (suburban sprawl) is caused by excess growth, greed and gluttony in using up 75% of the world's non-renewable energy resources for one, too big, fat, lazy , monstrous super-power. "Attention capitalist pigs and piglets: Pope Francis is on to you. Listen to him:ml
haahaahaa

excess growth? do we need to kill off the greedy folks and gluttons, in your view, son?

if your view of the u.s. is that it's too big, fat, lazy, and monstrous......maybe you should move to north korea. i view MY country as the greatest nation in history. since you brought up a religious figure.....i view the u.s. as a 'garden of eden' compared to the rest of the world and powers throughout history. the fat, lazy, monstrous represent the likes of you who despise the 'gardens' growth and bounty. you, son, are like a weed in the garden sapping away the goodness and potential yield of the 'garden'.

the pope is welcome to his opinions just like you are, son. just don't confuse them for facts.

i believe you and hugo chavez would've had a love/hate relationship!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33218 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text> Fossil fuels was a free, once-in-a-millennium gift from the Sun and we wasted and used it up in less than 100 years.
really, son? so you believe in the peak myth, too? interesting.....but not surprising.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#33219 Apr 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>really, son? so you believe in the peak myth, too? interesting.....but not surprising.
I believe in geologic fact.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#33220 Apr 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i don't know how to explain this any more clearly to you.
urbanization is the increasing number (population growth) in an urban area! that's what urbanization is plain and simple, son.
So plain and simple that you urbanise urban areas, no so tiring an exercise.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
you jumped into the conversation claiming that urbanization was caused by poverty.
Rather poverty, I said
and added was that non-urban wealhty peoples have no economical reasons to move to cities.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
one could argue that poverty causes the opposite, which is de-urbanization. detroit is a prime example!
Leaving a town is emigration, de-urbanization would mean that the abandonned areas are turning back as rural areas. I'm not aware that the abandonned districts of Detroit became open fields.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#33221 Apr 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>haahaahaa
excess growth? do we need to kill off the greedy folks and gluttons, in your view, son?
if your view of the u.s. is that it's too big, fat, lazy, and monstrous......maybe you should move to north korea. i view MY country as the greatest nation in history. since you brought up a religious figure.....i view the u.s. as a 'garden of eden' compared to the rest of the world and powers throughout history. the fat, lazy, monstrous represent the likes of you who despise the 'gardens' growth and bounty. you, son, are like a weed in the garden sapping away the goodness and potential yield of the 'garden'.
the pope is welcome to his opinions just like you are, son. just don't confuse them for facts.
i believe you and hugo chavez would've had a love/hate relationship!!
Yeah, some 'garden of eden', 28th in the world in healthcare ; slipped to second to Canada's wealthiest Middle Class (even lower than many of our European allies who have much better conditions like free education and healthcare for all, less work days and more vacation, less stress and worry and greater happiness. Too bad that we did not follow our own Founders ' wishes in making the right of 'pursuit of happiness ' more important than owning guns and other material possessions .

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#33222 Apr 28, 2014
There isn't anything more 'natural contribution' than coal, wood, oil,(ie. fossil fuels) that were formed through millions of years by the Sun. Fossil fuels was a free, once-in-a-millennium gift from the Sun and we wasted and used it up in less than 100 years and threatened to destroy Earth's atmosphere by our over-excess.
We've been burning coal, peat and anything else that burns for almost half a million years. Using fossil fuel helps light your way, share information, travel where you need to go or do your work; not waste. Our modern lifestyles couldn't exist without fossil fuel; we need the energy to run our economy.

Don't be a hater, our CO2 emissions are part of life; without us, nobody would be around to measure CO2's delightful trip through the oceans, lithosphere and atmosphere. We are the carbon balance.

Charlie's

#33223 Apr 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
so you believe in the peak myth, too?
I wonder how peoples don't believe that oil fields are magically refilled.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#33225 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text> Yeah, some 'garden of eden', 28th in the world in healthcare ; slipped to second to Canada's wealthiest Middle Class (even lower than many of our European allies who have much better conditions like free education and healthcare for all, less work days and more vacation, less stress and worry and greater happiness. Too bad that we did not follow our own Founders ' wishes in making the right of 'pursuit of happiness ' more important than owning guns and other material possessions .
Possibly you are confusing "pursuit of happiness" with government "hand me free stuff"?
Nothing anywhere is free - somebody is paying for it...

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#33226 Apr 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We've been burning coal, peat and anything else that burns for almost half a million years. Using fossil fuel helps light your way, share information, travel where you need to go or do your work; not waste. Our modern lifestyles couldn't exist without fossil fuel; we need the energy to run our economy.
. No. Use of fossil fuels was only a reality for humans starting in the 18th century with the first Industrial Revolution.
"For all but a tiny sliver of mankind's 50,000 year history, the use of energy has been severely limited. For most of it the only source of energy humans could draw upon was the most basic: human muscle. The discovery of fire and the burning of wood, animal dung and charcoal helped things along by providing an immediate source of heat. Next came domestication, about 12,000 years ago, when humans learned to harness the power of oxen and horses to plough their fields and drive up crop yields.2" ... "Near the end of the 18th century, in a wave of unprecedented innovation and advancement, Europeans began to unlock the potential of fossil fuels. It began with coal. Though the value of coal for its heating properties had been known for thousands of years, it was not until James Watt's enhancement of the steam engine that coal's power as a prime mover was unleashed. " http://www.energybc.ca/images/matters/history...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#33227 Apr 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Not magic, what makes you think the geological forces that filled oil fields has stopped? We've never run out of any mineral resource, can you cite any mineral element or compoundl we've used up?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#33228 Apr 28, 2014
"For all but a tiny sliver of mankind's 50,000 year history, the use of energy has been severely limited. For most of it the only source of energy humans could draw upon was the most basic: human muscle. The discovery of fire and the burning of wood, animal dung and charcoal helped things along by providing an immediate source of heat....
^^^Alarmists know neither science or history.

Here's the real deal about how long we've been using fire:

The control of fire by early humans was a turning point in the cultural aspect of human evolution that allowed humans to cook food and obtain warmth and protection. Making fire also allowed the expansion of human activity into the dark and colder hours of the night, and provided protection from predators and insects.

Evidence of widespread control of fire dates to approximately 125,000 years ago and later. Evidence for the controlled use of fire by Homo erectus beginning some 400,000 years ago has wide scholarly support, with claims regarding earlier evidence finding increasing scientific support.

Claims for the earliest definitive evidence of control of fire by a member of Homo range from 0.2 to 1.7 million years ago (Mya).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_of_fire_...

Charlie's

#33230 Apr 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Not magic, what makes you think the geological forces that filled oil fields has stopped?
Up to now, for coal, oil and gaz fields, you've got to have combination of biologic sediments, and geological forces.
Brian_G wrote:
We've never run out of any mineral resource, can you cite any mineral element or compoundl we've used up?
Never done is an unrelevant argument, you never died, but you will

Charlie's

#33231 Apr 28, 2014
dem wrote:
Spoken like a true godd amn idiot.
Bah, fossile energy traders think that accumulating platitudes strengthens their parrotings

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33232 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text> I believe in geologic fact.
http://aetherforce.com/the-peak-oil-hoax-expo...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/boblutz/2012/02/0...
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/theurbanist/2012/0...

geologists believe that we've only skimmed the surface thanks to new technologies and discoveries!! have you not been paying attention?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33233 Apr 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly when did fossil fuels stop forming on this planet, son?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33234 Apr 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
So plain and simple that you urbanise urban areas, no so tiring an exercise.
<quoted text>
Rather poverty, I said
and added was that non-urban wealhty peoples have no economical reasons to move to cities.
<quoted text>
Leaving a town is emigration, de-urbanization would mean that the abandonned areas are turning back as rural areas. I'm not aware that the abandonned districts of Detroit became open fields.
non urban wealthy people probably own at least a condo in the city. LMAO@U
which, by the way, contributes to urbanization.

many districts in detroit are overrun with wild dogs.

you are comical!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33235 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text> Yeah, some 'garden of eden', 28th in the world in healthcare ; slipped to second to Canada's wealthiest Middle Class (even lower than many of our European allies who have much better conditions like free education and healthcare for all, less work days and more vacation, less stress and worry and greater happiness. Too bad that we did not follow our own Founders ' wishes in making the right of 'pursuit of happiness ' more important than owning guns and other material possessions .
i'm sorry you have such a bad outlook on MY country. like i said....maybe you should move.
go to europe....enjoy the freebies and percs.

your version of the 'pursuit of happiness' isn't what the founders envisioned, son.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#33236 Apr 28, 2014
dem wrote:
Spoken like a true godd amn idiot.
Did you know the Earth's crust is a conveyor that continually recycles elements around the biosphere? Don't let science scare you, look for experimental tests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Human Torch black? 1 hr FOVR 1
Dr. Walter James Palmer 1 hr mn cancer 11
Trump's endorses Palin? 2 hr FOVR 3
grossest thing ever 2 hr FOVR 30
St. Paul Robber Shot! 3 hr cowboy chris 1
Bicyclist hit br trailer to be charged 4 hr Oh well 1
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 4 hr Get a clue girls 191
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages