Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35524 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#32446 Mar 21, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
So what ? from central point you have east one side and west the other side
Having a little bout with honesty I see.....fully expected
Truly unable to admit you are wrong has many pitfalls, many I'm sure you have already discovered.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#32450 Mar 21, 2014
Americans may be working 'longer hours and harder' these days , but not necessarily 'getting ahead'. Starting in the late 70's and especially in the Reagan Administration women entered the work force in huge numbers because namely many of their male spouses or partners' salaries and benefits could no longer sustain the family . U S companies aggressively began pushing wages and benefits down as American labor unions were being weakened by President Ronald Reagan anti-labor / pro-Corporate executive orders and legislation . The most glaring result was the widening gap between the income of the wealthiest Americans (the 1%) and the rest of us (99%) Perhaps ;what we need today is a ecological loss ratio(like Obamacare 'medical loss ratio) that polluting Corporations have to pay for the environmental/economic damages(climate change, loss of U S jobs and Government revenue from off-shoring, etc.)?
I'd like to engage in a lively discussion on what would be needed to establish a national gauge on determining the 'ecological loss ratio' for the 45 most seriously polluting American Companies just for a start. I expect that there are many variables that need to be defined like measurements of energy efficiency, flow of resource throughput, loss of ecological systems integrity (degrading quality), GPI economic indicators, etc.?
Such an index could make use of the Genuine Progress Indicator categories. In fact, I'm involved in conversations with a member company of the VBSR about doing just that. Check out the GPI index and see what you think of how it could be used for this kind of assessment.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#32451 Mar 21, 2014
Does Maryland make the best use of its Genuine Progress Indicators to gauge the progress that they are making on its EPA-directed large Chesapeake Bay Watershed recovery project?"Maryland’s government is taking action to restore and protect the Chesapeake’s waters: nutrient levels are down, aquatic resources are improving, wastewater treatment plants are being upgraded, and farmers are employing best management practices. Yet these steps are expensive and politically difficult to engage. In 2004, the Chesapeake Bay Program estimated the Bay’s cleanup cost at $28 billion.5 Put in perspective, the combined 2011 budgets for Maryland’s Departments of Natural Resources and the Environment are around $575 million, or about one-fiftieth the estimated cleanup cost.6 Further, elected officials must continuously support costly programmatic restoration efforts in the face of decreased revenues and a current political landscape vehemently against taxation and fees.

The issue, therefore, is not so much a commitment to environmental restoration, but instead to help consumer-voters appreciate the current damaging aspects of our activities and shift our actions toward a systemically restorative economy" McGuire, S. Posner, S. Haake, H. 2012. Measuring Prosperity: Maryland’s Genuine Progress Indicator. Solutions. Vol 3, No. 2. pp. 50-58 - http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/1070
SpaceBlues

United States

#32454 Mar 21, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it is fun to calculate a theoretical sea rise due to an ice melt, but truthfully what is the point?
The World Governments (particularly China and India) will never fall in line and try to lower the amount of petro burning, so the US and Europe will waste valuable time and money chasing a pipe dream.
I like most people simply do not care, we want to drive a large fuel inefficient truck and pay as little as possible at the petro-pump to keep the hydrocarbons burning. The bigger question is when will the stupid Euro-trash quit with their stupid policy of depending on a bunch of unstable muslims for their oil and start drilling in the North Sea where they belong.
I take comfort in knowing that you will never graduate to work as an engineer.

You have no idea about who brought the CO2 levels from 280 ppm to present almost 400 ppm, do you? You are unstable in your brain.

You need at least half a century of schooling along with compassion and peace training to catch up with the average john doe.
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#32459 Mar 21, 2014
COLD COLD COLD!!!

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#32460 Mar 22, 2014
Trigger wrote:
COLD COLD COLD!!!
Because you are almost at center of high pressure area.
You just must admit that GW will not change contrast of temperatures, it may even fuel it with colder temperatures in winter and much more warmer temperatures in summer.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#32461 Mar 22, 2014
Remaining "believers";
Will the CO2 lab coat consultants that you slavish Greenzi "believers" goose-step to, still be saying only "95%" and "could be" when irreversible warming of the planet Earth actually begins?
Your "belief" in certainty is fear mongering without a scientific consensus of certainty.
Deny that.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#32463 Mar 22, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Because you are almost at center of high pressure area. You just must admit that GW will not change contrast of temperatures, it may even fuel it with colder temperatures in winter and much more warmer temperatures in summer.
Right, because the heat trapping property of man made CO2 is most easily seen at the poles or the dead of night when we're sleeping.

Your faith in castrophic man made climate change arcana is remarkable. Keep it up!

Charlie's

#32464 Mar 22, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Right, because the heat trapping property of man made CO2 is most easily seen at the poles or the dead of night when we're sleeping.
Warmth at poles is brought by sea, dry frozen air is good at puping sea water thermal energy

Charlie's

#32465 Mar 22, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Your faith in castrophic climate change arcana is remarkable. Keep it up!
Calm down, will you, that's just a bet, 5 dollars versus 1 on man made global warming, I can afford loosing

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#32466 Mar 22, 2014
Climate is the system that moves heat from the equator, where sunlight always strikes straight on, to the poles, where sunlight always glances past. What's not to love about global warming?

Charlie's

#32467 Mar 22, 2014
mememine69 wrote:
Remaining "believers";
Will the CO2 lab coat consultants that you slavish Greenzi "believers" goose-step to, still be saying only "95%" and "could be" when irreversible warming of the planet Earth actually begins?
Your "belief" in certainty is fear mongering without a scientific consensus of certainty.
Deny that.
Almost all theories has opponents, willng full scientific consensus, so what ?
Forecasts bound for 50 years ahead isn't that fear mongering.
As for the Dutch policy at sea rise, these fierce sea dykers prepare slowly and fearlessly for an end of century 15 feet sea rise
litesong

Everett, WA

#32468 Mar 22, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Doesn't matter the poorless of my english, as long as most english speaking peoples understand me quite well
Most english speaking peoples, who know science, understand you very well.
Most english speaking peoples, who are slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers, & who had no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, make strong efforts NOT to understand you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Charlie's

#32469 Mar 23, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Your faith in castrophic man made climate change arcana is remarkable. Keep it up!
Climate is the system that moves heat from the equator, where sunlight always strikes straight on, to the poles, where sunlight always glances past.
I don't believe, I study. The following illustration
http://donpanic.org/IMG/AtmosphereEarth.png
shows that if the surface of the planet receives less solar light energy the closer you are at Pole, at the opposite, should atmosphere contain GHG, warming of the atmosphere by direct solar infrared rays is the highest close and over pole.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Charlie's

#32470 Mar 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
Most english speaking peoples, who are slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers, & who had no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, make strong efforts NOT to understand you.
Thanks
I've not many diplomas, nevertheless I've been taught to think by myself and polar region atmospheric warming by direct solar IR http://donpanic.org/IMG/AtmosphereEarth.png is of my personnal reflection
SpaceBlues

United States

#32471 Mar 23, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe, I study. The following illustration
http://donpanic.org/IMG/AtmosphereEarth.png
shows that if the surface of the planet receives less solar light energy the closer you are at Pole, at the opposite, should atmosphere contain GHG, warming of the atmosphere by direct solar infrared rays is the highest close and over pole.
Some in the US use wrongly "feeling" and or "believing" for 'thinking.'

This is to ponder: The authors warn that some other climate change effects will be global. "Climate change throughout the 21st century will lead to increases in ill-health in many regions, as compared to a baseline without climate change," the report states. "Examples include greater likelihood of injury, disease, and death due to more intense heatwaves and fires; increased likelihood of under-nutrition resulting from diminished food production in poor regions; and increased risks from food-borne and water-borne disease."

Other potential crises highlighted by the report include the likelihood that yields of major crops such as wheat, rice and maize are likely to decline at rates of up to 2% a decade, at a time when demands for these crops – triggered by world population increases – are likely to rise by 14%. At the same time, coral reefs face devastating destruction triggered by increasing amounts of carbon dioxide dissolving in sea water and acidifying Earth's oceans.

The report makes grim reading. "This comprehensive scientific assessment makes clear that climate change is having a growing impact in the UK and around the world, and that the risks of catastrophic consequences increase every day as more greenhouse gas pollution is pumped into the atmosphere. I hope David Cameron will read this report and understand the huge dangers of delaying the bigger cuts in emissions that are required to protect our children, grandchildren and future generations against this devastating threat," said Bob Ward, policy and communications director at the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#32472 Mar 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha
In Texas, North is called West Texas.
So in hysterical world Amarillo is in west Texas? Take 2 Midols and go to bed.

Then read this:

Check out Al Gore’s quotes…predictions/factoids… and see how they have held up to fact checking:

#1 In 2008, Al Gore boldly declared to a German audience that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”(Needless to say, that did not happen. In fact, the ice cap in the Arctic actually got larger this year.)

#2 “CO2 is the exhaling breath of our civilization, literally.… Changing that pattern requires a scope, a scale, a speed of change that is beyond what we have done in the past.”(Actually, without carbon dioxide life on earth would not exist.)

#3 “The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don’t say,‘Well, I read a science fiction novel that told me it’s not a problem.’ If the crib’s on fire, you don’t speculate that the baby is flame retardant. You take action.”(It sounds like what Al Gore really needs is more cowbell.)

#4 During a speech at NYU Law School in 2006, Al Gore made the following statement:“Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several “tipping points” that could — within as little as 10 years — make it impossible for us to avoid irretrievable damage to the planet’s habitability for human civilization.”

#5 “Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real.”

#6 “The interior of the earth is extremely hot – several million degrees.”(It actually peaks out at about 11,000 degrees.)

#7 “There is an air of unreality in debating these arcane points when the world is changing in such dramatic ways right in front of our eyes because of global warming.”

#8 “It would be an enormous relief if the recent attacks on the science of global warming actually indicated that we do not face an unimaginable calamity requiring large-scale, preventive measures to protect human civilization as we know it.”

#9 “The survival of the United States of America as we know it is at risk. And even more — if more should be required — the future of human civilization is at stake.”

#10 “We ought to approach this challenge [of global warming] with a sense of profound joy and gratitude: that we are the generation about which, a thousand years from now, philharmonic orchestras and poets and singers will celebrate by saying, they were the ones that found it within themselves to solve this crisis and lay the basis for a bright and optimistic human future.”

As time goes by, the scientific evidence continues to mount. It is becoming painfully evident that the theory of man-made global warming simply is not true.

“you know i know”

denver

#32474 Mar 23, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all theories has opponents, willng full scientific consensus, so what ?
Forecasts bound for 50 years ahead isn't that fear mongering.
As for the Dutch policy at sea rise, these fierce sea dykers prepare slowly and fearlessly for an end of century 15 feet sea rise
A coming catastrophe, the seas have already risen an alarming 700,000 nanometers.

“you know i know”

denver

#32475 Mar 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
These scientists understand all of that, you don't:

SPECIAL REPORT: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent ...
www.climatedepot.com/.../special-report-more-... ;
Dec 8, 2010 - More than 1,000 dissenting scientists (updates previous 700 ... of over 400 scientists who voiced skepticism about the so-called global warming ...

More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent over Man-Made ...
scienceandpublicpolicy.org/.../1000_s...&... ;
Science and Public Policy Institute
Feb 2, 2012 - More than 1,000 dissenting scientists (updates previous 700 scientist ... now challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United ...

US SENATE : 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made ...
climatism.wordpress.com/.../us-senate-650-int... ;
Oct 1, 2013 - scientists who don't buy into anthropogenic global warming.... Over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe challenged man-made ...

Charlie's

#32476 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
A coming catastrophe, the seas have already risen an alarming 700,000 nanometers.
http://climatecrocks.com/2014/01/17/beach-ero...
and I trust more my datas than your's: http://donpanic.org/IMG/SeaLevelRise.png sorry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's America 9 hr LIbEralS 88
Right now!!!!!!! Tue space ace 3
Orlando Mon OK Barry 40
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Jun 27 LIbEralS 517
britain leaves EU, new world order stunned Jun 26 cowboy chris 11
News Pride Weekend Kick-Off Parties Jun 25 Joe Balls 5
Typical Minnesota Voter Jun 25 Phineas 6

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance