Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36891 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32408 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and most of space is in a vacuum!!!
get it yet, SUCKER????
You got suckered!

BWAHAHA
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32409 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i never said it was.
keep trying to squirm your way out of this one, though. just like your claims about mann and his 'nobel', idiot.
Slippery.. slips into soft cheese!

Physics or cheese? Chese for you!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32410 Mar 19, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, the heat trapping effect is an observable and measurable fact.
Trying to prove it doesn't exist is lying tying to prove that the Earth isn't round.
And yes, the paper says back radiation doesn't exist- so we know you haven't even read it.
True.

It is here to harass science! And scientists.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32413 Mar 19, 2014
It can't handle the truth... only cheese.

And never physics!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#32415 Mar 19, 2014
Heat isn't trapped by greenhouse gas; it moves at the speed of light. Don't panic.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#32416 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>?
where does the paper say back radiation is non existent?
what the paper clearly demonstrates is that back radiation doesn't yield the heat trapping effect espoused by alarmists.
btw.....i chose to give you a pass, but you should've read your own link a little more closely.
"Therefore, the so-called "greenhouse effect" and pseudo-mechanisms, such as "backradiation," have no scientific basis and are contradicted by all laws of physics and thermodynamics, including calorimetry, yields of atmospheric gases’ thermodynamic cycles, entropy, heat flows to the Earth's surface, wave mechanics, and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics."

Which pretty comprehensive rules out the existence of an observable phenomenon.

Since the paper is already in lala land, it can't be said to demonstrate anything except its author is a loony and a crank.

"the green troll"

#32417 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>let's go with this assumption of yours. firstly, are you claiming backradiation is measured by an IR thermometer?
secondly...any increased 'greenhouse warming' is very minimal where co2 emissions are considered. you would have to agree with that, right?
Yes, an IR thermometer measures IR radiation, and yes back radiation is IR radiation. Enjoying your high school science class?

The increase in CO2 warming is +1.6 [+0.6 to +2.4] W m–2. That is a significant input of energy to the climate system.

"the green troll"

#32418 Mar 19, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Heat isn't trapped by greenhouse gas; it moves at the speed of light. Don't panic.
CO2 trapping heat is an observable fact.

Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#32419 Mar 19, 2014
This winter has been the coldest winter in the past 35 years..

We still havn't seen evidence of spring.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#32422 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
let's go with this assumption of yours. firstly, are you claiming backradiation is measured by an IR thermometer?
Back radiation is measured in Earth electromagnetic spectrum
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
secondly...any increased 'greenhouse warming' is very minimal where co2 emissions are considered. you would have to agree with that, right?
CO2 emission rrise little warming, but without considering positive feed-back, that is that little warming liberates more CO2 because higher water temperature means a lower water capacity to dissolve gaz.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#32423 Mar 19, 2014
Trigger wrote:
This winter has been the coldest winter in the past 35 years..
We still havn't seen evidence of spring.
Only in Eastern USA
Western Europe had the most rainy and the warmest winter temperatures since decades.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#32424 Mar 19, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in Eastern USA
Western Europe had the most rainy and the warmest winter temperatures since decades.
'Only in Eastern USA'
Really?
So Minnesota is Eastern USA?
Record number of days in a row below zero, in CENTRAL USA.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#32425 Mar 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
What color is your hybrid?
I ride a bike . www.green-pedals.com
litesong

Everett, WA

#32428 Mar 19, 2014
40for60 wrote:
So Minnesota is Eastern USA?
Record number of days in a row below zero, in CENTRAL USA.
Thank you for confirming that AGW enhanced warm fronts have pushed strongly into the North Pole region for the last 4+months, such that over millions of square kilometers around the NP, not one day has been of normal temperature. Average temperatures over those millions of square kilometers have been as high as 16degC(29degF) over average. So much heat & energy are in the Arctic that it powerfully & rapidly pushes what Arctic "cold" is there, south onto Canada & the U.S.(central & eastern), even setting cold weather temperature lows with all that "warm" Arctic cold. Sometimes, Arctic cold is forced even further south, to Mexico, Central America, southern China, India, Iran, Iraq, & Northern Africa, setting cold weather records there & even snowing in Iraq & Northern Africa.

This AGW effect has been told to slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers over & over. I am glad that slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers refuse to understand, because their mis-understanding matches their lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
litesong

Everett, WA

#32429 Mar 19, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]the vacuum of space has no temperature, son.[/QUOTE]

Temperature of space is 2.7Kelvin above absolute zero, indicating the dying microwave energy remnant from background radiation left over by the Big Bang.

"the green troll"

#32430 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for the author, but the way I interpret what he's saying is that 'backradiation' has no basis in fact where warming effects are concerned... and alarmists claim. I also don't think he says that some backradiation couldn't exist. Just like Spencer notes that it's minimal at best.
So, what he states is factually correct.
I believe that if the greenhouse effect, in the vernacular, were actually true pertaining to co2.....we'd have a more consistent relationship between emission and temperatures. Which we all know hasn't been the case.
If we change the subject to ghosts, would you still argue that he is allowing the possibility of the existence of ghosts?

"Ghosts have no scientific basis and are contradicted by all laws of physics and thermodynamics, including calorimetry, yields of atmospheric gases’ thermodynamic cycles, entropy, heat flows to the Earth's surface, wave mechanics, and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics."

The author is denying an observable and measurable phenomenon: he is more nuts than a sack of hazelnuts.

"the green troll"

#32432 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY?!?! If it measures backradiation......how does it recognize the difference between it and IR?
Back radiation *is* IR radiation.

More sophisticated instruments can measure the different wavelengths:

http://scienceofdoom.files.wordpress.com/2010...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#32433 Mar 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you replying, then?
I did not address you, duh. But now I will:
Whine,,, whine, LOL.
You hardly know anything, huh.
Yes, you did, whining hysteric.

NY still freezing, the ground so frozen in Chicago they're having to warm it up artificially for baseball.

Globull warming.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#32434 Mar 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
It can't handle the truth... only cheese.
And never physics!
here's some truth, Hysterical whiner:

Great Lakes nearing ice cover record - USA Today
www.usatoday.com/story/.../great-lakes...cove... ;
USA Today
Mar 5, 2014 - The Great Lakes certainly do, with ice coverage at its highest ... Over 90% of the Great Lakes are frozen solid, the highest level in 35 years.

Good god, man, can't you see what a gullible, hysterical buffoon you are?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32435 Mar 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you did, whining hysteric.
NY still freezing, the ground so frozen in Chicago they're having to warm it up artificially for baseball.
Globull warming.
No, I did not. Prove it where?

I had replied to another denier; alas, it is called Global Warming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 3 hr LIbEralS 585
Don't talk to commies 5 hr Waikiki murders 3
Get rough & get tough 17 hr Waikiki murders 2
News From reissues to reunions: What Prince fans can... Mon @Real Kelly 3
#Dump Betsy Hodges! Apr 21 All libertards got 10
Happy 420! Apr 20 TruDat 2
Fox news haha Apr 19 Davycrockett 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance