Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#32318 Mar 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I called ad hominem arguments irrational, Jefferson wrote of ridiculing arguments, not the people who proposed the arguments.
Your argument is ridiculous.

"the green troll"

#32319 Mar 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm certain calling for experimental tests would seem an unintelligible proposition if you had no knowledge of the Scientific Method.
Look it up, you'll learn something.
And you are a troll.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#32320 Mar 15, 2014
Take it from the green troll; subject matter expert.

What do you have against the Scientific Method?
Introduction to the Scientific Method
The scientific method is the process by which scientists, collectively and over time, endeavor to construct an accurate (that is, reliable, consistent and non-arbitrary) representation of the world.
Recognizing that personal and cultural beliefs influence both our perceptions and our interpretations of natural phenomena, we aim through the use of standard procedures and criteria to minimize those influences when developing a theory. As a famous scientist once said, "Smart people (like smart lawyers) can come up with very good explanations for mistaken points of view." In summary, the scientific method attempts to minimize the influence of bias or prejudice in the experimenter when testing an hypothesis or a theory.
I. The scientific method has four steps
1. Observation and description of a phenomenon or group of phenomena.
2. Formulation of an hypothesis to explain the phenomena. In physics, the hypothesis often takes the form of a causal mechanism or a mathematical relation.
3. Use of the hypothesis to predict the existence of other phenomena, or to predict quantitatively the results of new observations.
4. Performance of experimental tests of the predictions by several independent experimenters and properly performed experiments.
If the experiments bear out the hypothesis it may come to be regarded as a theory or law of nature (more on the concepts of hypothesis, model, theory and law below). If the experiments do not bear out the hypothesis, it must be rejected or modified. What is key in the description of the scientific method just given is the predictive power (the ability to get more out of the theory than you put in; see Barrow, 1991) of the hypothesis or theory, as tested by experiment. It is often said in science that theories can never be proved, only disproved. There is always the possibility that a new observation or a new experiment will conflict with a long-standing theory.
http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/ap...

"the green troll"

#32322 Mar 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
lol
here we go....again!!!
a poster who names himself 'troll' attempting to insult another by calling them a 'troll'.
you can't make this shyt up !!
and they like to play the part as 'being smarter than everyone else'.
bwaaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaahaaa aaahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaah ahahahahahaaahaa!!!!!!!!!!
Irony is lost on the stupid.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32324 Mar 15, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"] Scientific Method.[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" read the first paragraph of its 5th grade science book talking about the scientific method, stalled & has been regressing ever since.

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris' nicest districts

#32326 Mar 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
OK so how do you propose we heat our homes?
For houses better have at first a good thermal isolation to make low heatbills.
SevenTee wrote:
You should start by freezing your home to keep from warming your globe.
If you knew little about thermodynamic or fridges mechanims you would know that generating freeze necessitates you produce more heat.
SevenTee wrote:
You are a two bit phony who is hiding behind Global Warming when in reality you are a wacked out liberal environmentalist. Keep it real
Liberal environmentalist who has learned some basic of themodynanic,

#32328 Mar 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Then why don't you go out and start a thermal insulation business since you are such an expert. My guess you are lazy and worthless and never worked a day in your life.
You lost your supposition, My handmade illustrations for books are almost wordwide published.
I worked for architecture and building enterprises design department.
I have already managed every tasks to build a house and maintain it.
I'm the family's and close relatives' handcratf man, I own a range of tools you can't imagine, from soledring acetylene torch to all the woodword tools.
SevenTee wrote:
Admitting you are a Liberal is the first step toward recovery.
I don't have real idea of what means Liberal in french political display.
What's your party for free-lance peoples ?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#32330 Mar 16, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>We had a thread in this forum recently with reference to 400,000 hiroshimas daily for the current CO2 forcing....
Your number is cumulative and nonspecific. Do you have a reference?
http://www.boomerwarrior.org/2014/02/economic...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32331 Mar 16, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Really? Where?

Try again and copy/paste where your previous post was derived from. Thanks.

#32332 Mar 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Wonderful News, so you should not have any difficulty getting every single person in your community to buy into your demand to insulate their homes in order to prevent Global Warming. And make them buy new windows and doors while you are at it.
In the Paris region, almost all houses are already double-glazed windows equiped.
Because many US houses are sash windows equiped, they don't fit with double-glaze.
SevenTee wrote:
On second thought perhaps everyone should live in a Government Run building where the building can be centrally thermostat controlled so we don't have Global warming. The Government could issue super hot Global Warming blankets so people will not freeze to death in the winter.
Fleece blankets made out recycled plasctics, of course
SevenTee wrote:
In America you are Independent if you do not belong to the two party Republican or Democrat system.
Thus a glass of Green Independant, with two ices, please.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#32333 Mar 17, 2014
Bushwhacker wrote:
You might not like my attorney, he's NOT a moron, time wasting, idiot, so you'll have nothing in common.....
LMAO !
LMAO !
LMAO !~
No one would waste their time suing you for your beer can pop top collection, all of your assets.

see this, Hysteric?

More cold weather coming, shelters open in Pasco
www.baynews9.com/.../articles/bn9/2014/1/17/b...

It was a beautiful day across the area with highs in the 60s, but another cold front is on the way which will knock our temperatures back down again for Saturday ...

More Cold To Come - AccuWeather.com - Local Weather …
www.accuweather.com ›…› North America › United States › New York

AccuWeather provides professional weather videos including this video - Feb 24, 2014; 3:34 PM ET After a well-needed break from the cold over the Plains and East, a ...

Yup, more of that GLOBULL warming, what a dope.

“you know i know”

denver

#32335 Mar 17, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
For houses better have at first a good thermal isolation to make low heatbills.
<quoted text>
If you knew little about thermodynamic or fridges mechanims you would know that generating freeze necessitates you produce more heat.
<quoted text>
Liberal environmentalist who has learned some basic of themodynanic,
Which are irrelevant to todays weather report. are you related to Al Snore by chance?

“you know i know”

denver

#32336 Mar 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"lyin' brian" read the first paragraph of its 5th grade science book talking about the scientific method, stalled & has been regressing ever since.
Read today's weather forecast Hysteric.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#32337 Mar 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Where?
Try again and copy/paste where your previous post was derived from. Thanks.
Try the Hiroshima atomic bombs of heat since 1998 meter reader here.--> http://sks.to/heat
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32338 Mar 17, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]don't do that when/if......[/QUOTE]

litesong wrote:
////////
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" guffed:
don't do that when/if......
//////////
litesong wrote:
Proof that "lyin' brian' regressed to a sub-sub-kiddy-GARten educational level........Tho "lyin' brian" doesn't try math often, when it does, it has left errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES & 3000 TIMES. It stopped trying math for 2 years, but in a fit, it started up again.......this time with errors of 73 million Times, & 2.5+ Trillion times.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32339 Mar 17, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Try the Hiroshima atomic bombs of heat since 1998 meter reader here.--> http://sks.to/heat
Hey, the rate of 355,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs per day is pretty close to Space Blues continuing report of 400,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs per day!
DonPanic

Paris, France

#32341 Mar 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Which are irrelevant to todays weather report. are you related to Al Snore by chance?
try intelligent sentence for an answer
DonPanic

Paris, France

#32342 Mar 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Read today's weather forecast Hysteric.
Freezing in your place, too bad. Here trees are blossoming,
Forecast for three next days
early morning 46 F, afternoon 57 F
early morning 48 F, afternoon 63 F
early morning 46 F, afternoon 70 F
Here's to you, I'll drink a Rogue Ale http://www.rogue.com/ at a café terrace ;

“you know i know”

denver

#32343 Mar 17, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Freezing in your place, too bad. Here trees are blossoming,
Forecast for three next days
early morning 46 F, afternoon 57 F
early morning 48 F, afternoon 63 F
early morning 46 F, afternoon 70 F
Here's to you, I'll drink a Rogue Ale http://www.rogue.com/ at a café terrace ;
shocking, in 4 days spring is here.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32344 Mar 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
shocking, in 4 days spring is here.
Whine.. whine... LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! 35 min cowboy chris 2
Dirty chat male to female 18 plus 1 hr Space ace 4
St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... 4 hr Sunshine 2
Mall of America Protest 5 hr cowboy chris 17
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 8 hr American_Sons 14
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Fri LIbEralS 29
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) Fri Martin Scott treptow 84
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web