Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#32290 Mar 14, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
We've heard it all before. You are such a retard. Ask scientists if we can moderate AGW and thus climate change by reducing GHGs, then act upon their knowledge, not your hysteria.
There's never been an experiment that's tested the effect of man made GHGs on climate change. That's how you can tell it's a hoax.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#32291 Mar 14, 2014
Ergo wrote:
There are no experiments that show Brain Gone has a brain.. Wait for an autopsy, trial or demonstration of intelligence, before buying in.
^^^This type of argument is called the ad hominem fallacy. It is a mark of irrationality.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#32292 Mar 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This type of argument is called the ad hominem fallacy. It is a mark of irrationality.
"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."

Would you call Thomas Jefferson itational?

Read more: http://www.atheistrev.com/2010/09/words-of-wi...

"the green troll"

#32293 Mar 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's never been an experiment that's tested the effect of man made GHGs on climate change. That's how you can tell it's a hoax.
Certainly an unintelligible proposition, deserving only ridicule.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#32294 Mar 14, 2014
Drink the Kool-Aid or else!

Lawrence Torcello - assistant professor of philosophy at Rochester Institute of Technology, NY - Climate scientists who fail to communicate the correct message about "global warming" should face trial for "criminal negligence".

https://theconversation.com/is-misinformation...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#32295 Mar 14, 2014
New dinosaur found in Northern Canada

New dinosaur, cousin of T. Rex, discovered in Arctic

"Even though the Arctic was much warmer and more heavily forested in the Cretaceous period than it is now,...."

"But the Arctic was much warmer, and the area was covered in tall, conifer forests and flowering plants. The temperature would have been similar to western Canada today."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/new-dinosau...

Imagine that, northern Canada was warmer long ago and the climate changed. Oh my, what are we going to do because climate changes and the earth has seen many changes before?....LOL

In Newfoundland Canada, on the northern peninsula of Newfoundland, Vikings landed around 1000-1100 A.D. Vikings grew vineyards/grapes back then meaning the weather was warmer because the local climate of Newfoundland is far from ideal to grow them today even in it's summer months. So again, a natural change.

Stop the hysteria.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32296 Mar 14, 2014
LOL. Can you locate the US on a map today? Have you seen the world map for the Cretaceous period?

Where's England? Egypt? Italy? The poles?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32298 Mar 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>By how much is it out of bounds due to human emissions?
One C of warming roughly. This doesn't sound like a lot but it is a MASSIVE change to the system. The ice ages were only -3C to -5C globally. One degree is a major change to climate systems.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
by how much will mitigation change climatic cycles?
This much depends on how effectively we reduce the forcings. However, there is an old saying. If it hurts when you do this, stop doing this..
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
if you have no idea......you really have no basis for your assertion.
your beliefs and opinions are fine, son, just as long as you understand they belong to you and only you.
The only one who is without a basis for action or an idea of what he is talking about is you.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32299 Mar 14, 2014
Naturally Wired wrote:
Imagine that, northern Canada was warmer long ago and the climate changed.
Rather, the continental block that is NOW Canada was in a location and climate that was much warmer than the arctic circle. Party due to very high levels of GHG's. Partly due to continental drift.
Naturally Wired wrote:
the climate changed. Oh my, what are we going to do because climate changes and the earth has seen many changes before?....LOL
Over hundreds of millions of years, just about everything changes. Not relevant to AGW which is occuring in the space of a century. Much faster than any of the processes that lead to climate changes over the eons.
Naturally Wired wrote:
In Newfoundland Canada, on the northern peninsula of Newfoundland, Vikings landed around 1000-1100 A.D. Vikings grew vineyards/grapes back then meaning the weather was warmer .
You are confused. While they had a base in Newfoundland (Aux Meadows) they travelled southward to 'Vinland' for concord grapes. Might have been Virginia or even Georgia. You are that most dangerous of fools, the half educated one.
Naturally Wired wrote:
Stop the hysteria.
Please. Stop posting so that your hysteria is not public at least. And get educated on the subject. Some real understanding might quiet those voices in your head.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32301 Mar 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>it doesn't sound like a lot because it isn't in historical or actual terms......in spite of your use of caps to emphasize it is.
btw....if the ice age is going to be your bench mark get ready for a global facial, son.
lol
who is hurting, son? not me!! nor are most self sufficient people i know.
there's also another saying....."inaction is the best enabler of flexibility". you jumped into a pool of concrete with boots on and insisted everyone else do the same. i'll wait awhile and check back with you later in spite of your insistence.
Do some learning if you can:

A one-degree global change is significant because it takes a vast amount of heat to warm all the oceans, atmosphere, and land by that much. In the past, a one- to two-degree drop was all it took to plunge the Earth into the Little Ice Age. A five-degree drop was enough to bury a large part of North America under a towering mass of ice 20,000 years ago.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Wor...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32302 Mar 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Do some learning if you can:
A one-degree global change is significant because it takes a vast amount of heat to warm all the oceans, atmosphere, and land by that much. In the past, a one- to two-degree drop was all it took to plunge the Earth into the Little Ice Age. A five-degree drop was enough to bury a large part of North America under a towering mass of ice 20,000 years ago.
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Wor...
Hey SpaceBlue. Did you see this effect?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/glo...

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#32305 Mar 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>
you are deliriously dimwitted.
Dad used to tell me that all the time.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32306 Mar 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, spaced blues, read that entire article and tell us what it confirms!!!
LOL
It confirms that even a one C warming of today will trigger major changes to climate dynamics. What did YOU think it meant? Oh, and you do understand that the lowering of salinity from meltwater is due to AGW?
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
you people are deliriously dimwitted.
From you, insults are simply to be expected as you cannot articulate a rational argument.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32307 Mar 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>always have a problem with comprehension, doncha?
i said in historical terms!!
and of that "massive" change.....can you quantify how much is man made induced beyond natural variabilities, son?
go ahead and lie!
hahaha

Let me help you a little.

"In the past" was in my post instead of your "historical" because history specifically refers to the study of the past as it relates to humans. Furthermore, if you read my link, you find there:

"the preponderance of evidence says it’s humans—thermometer readings all around the world have risen steadily since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution."

So, that's in historical terms and man-made.

As to your own words, "man-made induced beyond natural variabilities," are you fibbing again? LOL

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#32308 Mar 15, 2014
Just hurts my pocketbook that the earth is really not warming after all. Bummer.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#32309 Mar 15, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather, the continental block that is NOW Canada was in a location and climate that was much warmer than the arctic circle. Party due to very high levels of GHG's. Partly due to continental drift.
<quoted text>
Over hundreds of millions of years, just about everything changes. Not relevant to AGW which is occuring in the space of a century. Much faster than any of the processes that lead to climate changes over the eons.
<quoted text>
You are confused. While they had a base in Newfoundland (Aux Meadows) they travelled southward to 'Vinland' for concord grapes. Might have been Virginia or even Georgia. You are that most dangerous of fools, the half educated one.
<quoted text>
Please. Stop posting so that your hysteria is not public at least. And get educated on the subject. Some real understanding might quiet those voices in your head.
Piss off topix blowhard. The earth has been through changes before, climate has changed before. You freaks are paranoid over something that has happened before. I hope they put a fracking operation right on your front lawn, you Torontonian baboon.

Don't try to "educate" me on Newfoundland and any of it's history either.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#32315 Mar 15, 2014
Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to "educate" me on Newfoundland and any of it's history either.
I'm sure you are uneducated and uneducatable. But I post for those who can learn or check the facts.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#32316 Mar 15, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions." Would you call Thomas Jefferson itational? Read more: http://www.atheistrev.com/2010/09/words-of-wi...
I called ad hominem arguments irrational, Jefferson wrote of ridiculing arguments, not the people who proposed the arguments.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#32317 Mar 15, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
Certainly an unintelligible proposition, deserving only ridicule.
I'm certain calling for experimental tests would seem an unintelligible proposition if you had no knowledge of the Scientific Method.

Look it up, you'll learn something.

"the green troll"

#32318 Mar 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I called ad hominem arguments irrational, Jefferson wrote of ridiculing arguments, not the people who proposed the arguments.
Your argument is ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nature weeding out the Stupid 6 min Little Boy Blue 3
Obama is Clearly a Muslim 17 min Guy Wiliford II 118
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 7 hr Hannah Sera 158
Obama state of the b#llsh!t 11 hr Joe Mauer 35
Tiger Woods Looks Blacker Without the Tooth 17 hr Pequot 40 23
Obama's Muslim Friends Behead a Jap 19 hr Answer 4
Obama Threatens The Jews 21 hr Capt Crunch 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out