Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 34407 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32099 Mar 5, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's positive in a way, Mr Giscard d'Estaing was bright, he succeed in making the French proudly swallow the twice yearly hour gap with a mediatic campain boasting the french ego with such advertising slogan: "France has no oil, She has ideas !",Doesn't that demonstrate that Mr Giscard d'Estaing was really an egghead ?
No, it does not.. so look up also "egghead."

Idioms in English, especially those in American use, are difficult to learn.

For example, "I was country when country wasn't cool."

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#32100 Mar 5, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
No, it does not.. so look up also "egghead."
Idioms in English, especially those in American use, are difficult to learn.
I guess egghead has about the same meaning in USA as in french, Mr Giscard d'Estaing has highest level studies pedigree https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val éry_Giscard_d'Estaing
SpaceBlues wrote:
I get it because I had part of childhood, maybe the happiest, waiking on farmyard cowpats, Country wasn't that cool: after phone call at neighbour villages, unknow dog on village territory was welcome with salted filled cartridges fireshoots..

Charlie's

#32101 Mar 5, 2014
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val éry_Giscard_d'Estaing

Charlie's

#32102 Mar 5, 2014
rhooo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val éry_Giscard_d'Estaing
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32103 Mar 5, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
..... telling CO2 weight......how much a volume is a more relevant way to visualize
Telling it in many different ways is the thing to do. If you have a better way of stating that 33+ billion tons of man-made CO2 are produced per year, with one prime ingredient, dredged from oil wells averaging 8000 feet deep, OR the rate of 3.3 thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand KGs per 100 years, OR 1100 tons per second, or 90+ million tons are produced per day....... I encourage you to use all the ways you know.

I've already had to bump up my calculated rates, just from a few years ago.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#32104 Mar 5, 2014
A bump in the meds may also be in order

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#32105 Mar 5, 2014
litesong wrote:
"harm on us" upchucked:
a blast of arctic air that sent temperatures plummeting into the single digits.
Winter temperatures in the city reached zero degrees F.
/////////
litesong wrote:
You do good, pointing out & glad you understand that AGW enhanced warm fronts & energy have shoved Arctic cold to the south, causing much mid-America & east coast winter problems.
AGW enhanced warm fronts have plowed into the North Pole & heated it with temperatures as much as 16degC(29degF) over normal. Yes, this mechanism has been so strong that the top of the world hasn't been down to normal temperatures for nearly 5 straight months.
Thank you for your continuing information that AGW is growing in strength.
Thank you for confirming you're a hysterical lunkhead.

Greenpeace founder says leftists ‘hijacked ...
usactionnews.com/2011/01/greenpeace-founder-s... ...

Greenpeace founder says leftists ‘hijacked’ environmental movement and warming is natural. January 22, 2011 16:25. Patrick Moore, co-founder of the environmental .

Patrick Moore, co-founder of the environmental organization Greenpeace, isn’t too hot about global warming. Appearing on Fox Business Network with Stuart Varney on Thursday, he said global warming is a “natural phenomenon,” there’s no proof of man-made global warming, and suggested that “alarmism” is driving politicians to create bad environmental policies. He also said he’s not the only environmentalist that believes like he does. Moore is the author of the book,“Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout: The Making of a Sensible Environmentalist,” in which he exposes the green movement and explains why he left the organization. While talking with Varney, he explained that departure was in part due to the group’s “extremist positions” and it being hijacked by political and social causes of the left.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32106 Mar 5, 2014
Topix deniers are dwindling in quality because their anger is getting the best of them...

Charlie's

#32107 Mar 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
I don't know if cubic meter is relevant unit in USA

Charlie's

#32108 Mar 6, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Topix deniers are dwindling in quality because their anger is getting the best of them...
One reason for anger is to be called "deniers", here in France "denier" is assimilated to denial of the WWII extermination of the Jews, thus, "deniers" are supposed to be Nazis.
On french forums, I call climate warming deniers "Cepanoos", which is not insulting, unless lightly ironical calling is an insult.

Charlie's

#32109 Mar 6, 2014
harmonious wrote:
"Greenpeace founder says leftists ‘hijacked’ environmental movement and warming is natural. January 22, 2011 16:25. "
Patrick Moore, co-founder of the environmental organization Greenpeace,
Greenpeace is by essence a conservative thing, It fights for nature to be preserved, environment to be as unchanged as possible, I have problem with calling conservative a thing as leftist.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32110 Mar 6, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
One reason for anger is to be called "deniers", here in France "denier" is assimilated to denial of the WWII extermination of the Jews, thus, "deniers" are supposed to be Nazis.
On french forums, I call climate warming deniers "Cepanoos", which is not insulting, unless lightly ironical calling is an insult.
What about those who deny the evolution and say the earth is only 6,000 yo?

Charlie's

#32111 Mar 6, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
>What about those who deny the evolution and say the earth is only 6,000 yo?
Strange self-saying believers who don't honor the greatness and duration of the Unviverse that their god is supposed to have created
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32112 Mar 6, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
I don't know if cubic meter is relevant unit in USA
Sure. We'll just multiply by 1.0936133x1.0936133x1.0936133= 1.30795
or simplify by 1.1x1.1x1.1=1.21x1.1=1.331 ~1.1x1.1x1.1~1.2x1.1=1.3

Charlie's

#32113 Mar 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
Sure. We'll just multiply by 1.0936133x1.0936133x1.0936133= 1.30795
or simplify by 1.1x1.1x1.1=1.21x1.1=1.331 ~1.1x1.1x1.1~1.2x1.1=1.3
I get a 26 km pure CO2 cube (at 15 C and sea level pressure) for yearly rejections

Charlie's

#32114 Mar 6, 2014
litesong wrote:
Telling it in many different ways is the thing to do. If you have a better way of stating that 33+ billion tons of man-made CO2 are produced per year, with one prime ingredient, dredged from oil wells averaging 8000 feet deep, OR the rate of 3.3 thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand KGs per 100 years, OR 1100 tons per second, or 90+ million tons are produced per day....... I encourage you to use all the ways you know.
With up to date datas, 2013 CO2 emissions are 36 billion tonnes, or 19237000000000 cubic meters ( at 15 C and sea level average pressure) you can make it a 2 meters high (6.562 feets) pure CO2 layer over such a surface as that of USA, for instance.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#32115 Mar 6, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
With up to date datas, 2013 CO2 emissions are 36 billion tonnes, or 19237000000000 cubic meters ( at 15 C and sea level average pressure) you can make it a 2 meters high (6.562 feets) pure CO2 layer over such a surface as that of USA, for instance.
How do you measure that? Not the same way you measure natural CO2 emissions, eh? We are part of nature, we emit carbon dioxide when we move, less when we sit. Emitting carbon dioxide is fun and profitable; your children are your carbon emissions.

Good thing plants exist; don't panic. Carbon dioxide is life; there's no experimental evidence of CO2 emissions causing even the smallest measurable global temperature change. We probably do more benefit than harm, no test, demonstration or effective example of global climate change mitigation exists.

Ever notice how mountain tops aren't so green? Erosion is part of the problem, lack of carbon dioxide another. CO2 helps us exist so we help carbon dioxide exist. Welcome to the jungle.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#32116 Mar 6, 2014
"Carbon dioxide is produced by combustion of coal or hydrocarbons, the fermentation of sugars in beer and winemaking and by respiration of all living organisms. It is exhaled in the breath of humans and other land animals. It is emitted from volcanoes, hot springs, geysers and other places where the earth's crust is thin and is freed from carbonate rocks by dissolution. CO2 is also found in lakes, at depth under the sea and commingled with oil and gas deposits."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide

As litesong and others point out, the deeper we drill, the more we get. Drill baby drill!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#32117 Mar 6, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
I get a 26 km pure CO2 cube (at 15 C and sea level pressure) for yearly rejections
I get a diamond bigger than the Ritz and enough free Oxygen to offset the energy loss. CO2 emissions are healthy and purposeful, bogus climate panic not so much.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32118 Mar 6, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I get a diamond bigger than the Ritz and enough free Oxygen to offset the energy loss. CO2 emissions are healthy and purposeful, bogus climate panic not so much.
Show this to your boss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
get in the ring 1 hr FOVR 4
Trump's endorses Palin? 1 hr FOVR 22
Gene simmons depression 1 hr FOVR 15
St. Paul Robber Shot! 8 hr space ace 19
Best value kitchens of europe reviews 8 hr selamet 1
Animals 8 hr TOASTER 16
News Second victim identified in weekend Minneapolis... 10 hr Pokeitlikeitis 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages