Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 34240 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#32001 Feb 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure we can double or quadruple CO2 levels in the atmosphere
We are on track to quadruple CO2 concentration by the end of the century at current rate of emission.

http://www.ipcc-data.org/figures/ipcc_ddc_co2...
We've never seen an experimental test that shows a measured CO2 emission changing the global average CO2 level.
That would be an observation, halfwit.

Emitting half a trillion tons of CO2 = a 40% increase in CO2 level.

Deny that, fothermucker.
It seems insane to trust in models that have failed again and again,
I agree: the sceptics seem to be using failed models.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics/Pred...

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#32003 Feb 28, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
The insane thing about brian's agenda for uncontrolled CO2 emission is that it would raise CO2 to levels that existed before the Antarctic ice formed (1000ppm+). If a reduction fro those levels allowed the ice to form, it doesn't seem impossible that raising CO2 to those levels again could cause the ice to disappear.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/309/5734/60...
Over millennia, perhaps, but sea level rise of a metre or more per century for millennia is going to make life for humans very difficult.
Not that brian and his fellow members of the cult of stupid give a fart.
Up to millenium far predictions are too abstractions for large majority of peoples, no human civilisation lasted that long.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Charlie's

#32004 Feb 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Don't blame the hysterics, they are trying to get money to do an engineering study of the Earth's atmosphere.
They must justify their work.
It is the way Universities operate.
So-called hysterics don't to make money from your taxes, they have it and do the job they are paid for: observe, study and warn public through forecasts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#32007 Feb 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I do read litterature of "no-warming-anyways-we're -for-nothing-in-it", now matter how coarse .
Is your snow refreshed beer cold enough ?
Just right, thx for asking.

“you know i know”

denver

#32008 Feb 28, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The insane thing about brian's agenda for uncontrolled CO2 emission is that it would raise CO2 to levels that existed before the Antarctic ice formed (1000ppm+). If a reduction fro those levels allowed the ice to form, it doesn't seem impossible that raising CO2 to those levels again could cause the ice to disappear.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/309/5734/60...
Over millennia, perhaps, but sea level rise of a metre or more per century for millennia is going to make life for humans very difficult.
Not that brian and his fellow members of the cult of stupid give a fart.
meaningless mumbo jumbo.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32009 Feb 28, 2014
harm on us wrote:
meaningless mumbo jumbo.
Touched touchy toxic topix AGW deniers, without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, often think ideas are meaningless mumbo jumbo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

"the green troll"

#32013 Feb 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
meaningless mumbo jumbo.
I'm sure science is for you.

"the green troll"

#32014 Feb 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>unfortunately, it involves dumbing down our youth.
You are rationalising your own academic failure, pops.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32015 Feb 28, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"]..... in the bottom of the boat,[/QUOTE]

"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".....
.....in the bottom of the wronggull y......

Oh, you are & have been.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32018 Mar 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Government gives Academic Grants to University types out all the time for all sorts of nonsense. Why do you think most every University Professor is liberal. They need GOVERNMENT money to do their research.
BTW did you see the one where these ignorant Global Warming polar ice watchers got stuck on a ship headed for the arctic!
Classic, they got stranded on the ship due to the huge amounts of ICE....Global Warming my foot!!!!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/27/world/antarctic...
Wasn't it you who claimed to be an engineering student? Obviously you lied.

Thanks for confirming my earlier expressed suspicion.

Go read some more gossip, teaser.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Charlie's

#32019 Mar 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
BTW did you see the one where these ignorant Global Warming polar ice watchers got stuck on a ship headed for the arctic!
Classic, they got stranded on the ship due to the huge amounts of ICE....Global Warming my foot!!!!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/27/world/antarctic...
You're making light localization mistake, that ship was stucked in antarctic, quite the opposite place on planet
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#32025 Mar 1, 2014
It is getting colder as the evidence shows:

It was so cold that even the BBC was forced to ask, what happened to global warming? As Climategate would reveal, IPCC scientists had been hard at work hiding evidence of global cooling.

2009 was another year of global cooling, which saw numerous low temperature and high snowfall records smashed.
Global land and ocean annual surface temperatures through December tied with 2006 as the fifth warmest on record, at 0.56C (1.01F) above the 20th century average.

The 2000-2009 decade is the warmest on record, with an average global surface temperature of 0.54C (0.96F) above the 20th century average. This shattered the 1990s value of 0.36C (0.65F).

The observational evidence cannot be ignored. It is getting colder.

“you know i know”

denver

#32026 Mar 1, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Touched touchy toxic topix AGW deniers, without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, often think ideas are meaningless mumbo jumbo.
More meaningless gibberish, when can the freezing people of America count on warming to warm them up? Brrrrr.

“you know i know”

denver

#32027 Mar 1, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making light localization mistake, that ship was stucked in antarctic, quite the opposite place on planet
Why did they go there? To prove there was less ice, boy did they look stupid.

“you know i know”

denver

#32028 Mar 1, 2014
Nation Continues To Shiver .By Scott Williams .- Google News
news.google.com/newspapers... ;
Google News
Nation Continues To Shiver By SCOTT WILLIAMS . Associated Press Writer . A killer cold wave plowed the big chill from the Midwest to the East today, driving ...

North continues to shiver -

UP continues to shiver, Lucknow records season's coldest day ...
sakshipost.com News National&#8206;
Jan 14, 2014 - HomeNewsNationalUP continues to shiver, Lucknow records season's ... Lucknow, The Uttar Pradesh continued to shiver in the intense cold ...

“you know i know”

denver

#32029 Mar 1, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure science is for you.
none of you hysterical shreikers know anything, you parrot the propaganda and lies from the money grubbers on the AGW gravy train.

Charlie's

#32030 Mar 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
The ice stuck ship was full of Global Fanatic Alarmists heading North to study the melting ice caps.
You don't find it funny they got stuck!
Very less funny as your treating other peoples as fanatics

Charlie's

#32031 Mar 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Why did they go there? To prove there was less ice, boy did they look stupid.
Satellite watch is enough to measure ice extension and thickness. Maybe some wanted to watch local fauna's health, planctonic concentration, subsurface sea temperature, salinity, UV level

"the green troll"

#32032 Mar 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
none of you hysterical shreikers know anything, you parrot the propaganda and lies from the money grubbers on the AGW gravy train.
LOL.

This from a moron who thinks cutting and pasting a Google search page constitutes some form of reasoned response: you'd embarrass a reasonable well educated 10 year old.

Charlie's

#32033 Mar 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
UP continues to shiver, Lucknow records season's coldest day ...
sakshipost.com News National&#8206;
Jan 14, 2014 - HomeNewsNationalUP continues to shiver, Lucknow records season's ... Lucknow, The Uttar Pradesh continued to shiver in the intense cold ...
Uttar Pradesh has common boarder with Nepal, one state of Himalaya, not renowned for warm winter temperatures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 246
2 men accused of trying to go to Syria face fra... 2 hr cowboy chris 2
News Twin Cities 'My Brother's Keeper' focuses on yo... 6 hr Selina 11
News Minnesota kids too fat to fight, ex-generals say 8 hr PB in Saint Paul 18
isis takes over syrian town 11 hr Oh Ya 10
News Lt. Gov. Tina Smith: Why Won't The Legislature ... 11 hr Oh Ya 24
St. Paul, one of country's best park systems, n... 11 hr Oh Ya 2
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE