Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#31960 Feb 27, 2014
heavy tune wrote:
I forgot to tell you 'don', paris has no nice districts, they are all tracked up by nazi footprints. the world is fine, paris is a sewer.
For information, streets of Paris have been tenth of timesand still are digged, repaved and asphalted that no foot print survive

Charlie's

#31962 Feb 27, 2014
heavy tune wrote:
bullshit 'don' what the world cannot predict is not the high co2 but the high radiation of the japan nuclear event. some stupid made up bullshit about man and co2 does not work anymore. get your shit in order and prepare for the high radiation from japan it will not only kill the ocean, but you don. have a nice day my friend.
High radiations from japan will just have terrible local effects then dilute in ocean and air diluted radioactive dusts will not affect my lungs more than motor cars rejections.

Charlie's

#31966 Feb 27, 2014
heavy tune wrote:
what a joke 'don', you people are pityful, everyday weather is in fact climate science, people see it every day. your paris, however is a useless sewer. not good 'don'.who cares 'don' the pictures are real.you people are just as crazy as hitler
You deserve a full load goodwin points verifying the fact that when you can't argue calmly the ultimate argument is calling Hitler out of its grave

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31973 Feb 27, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Carefull when displaying such discutable arguments, that fuels the alarmist claim by human activities impact on climate denyers.
The number is not unreasonable, considering that sea level was that much higher when CO2 was at this level in geological history. The question is whether sea level is going to rise that much over a couple of millennia, or maybe much quicker.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/13/science/tim... ;

Charlie's

#31976 Feb 27, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
The number is not unreasonable, considering that sea level was that much higher when CO2 was at this level in geological history. The question is whether sea level is going to rise that much over a couple of millennia, or maybe much quicker.
Anyhow, except maybe for China which is still a centralised dictature, democratic leaders have agendas which don't exceed one mandate or couple of mandates, so that they will not engage long term defense at sea rise. Men will make decisions only when they have already soaked shoes.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#31978 Feb 27, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
But not lastingly.
You said that you fear cooling more than warming, there is possibility is that melting of polar ices could slow down or stop the thermohaline circuit and start ice era http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Pol...
although that would suppose all of polar glaciers to have melted, that I don(t believe in because as polar iceselves should get thinner, isostatic release would make Greenland and Antarctica rise back at higher altitude, at least a third of the melted ice thickness, thus abble to harbour everlasting lasting snows. Never forget action and retroactions.
If ever my posts get too technical and polite, warn me
Are things in Paris that boring?

PS, I don't read ANY technical mumbo jumbo from any warming hysterics, no matter how polite.

“you know i know”

denver

#31979 Feb 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is easy to fabricate scientific data in a bench test. People do it all the time to come up with whatever conclusion they are looking for. It is called having an agenda
Describes the warming hysterics perfectly. When the USA has had one of the coldest winters in decades I see all i need to see.

“you know i know”

denver

#31981 Feb 27, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
Still not mastered linking yet have we?
You really wanted to read them? Thx for playing. Fear not, quite easy to find contrarians on your own.

“you know i know”

denver

#31982 Feb 27, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>The hillbillies don't like water, LOL.
Plenty of hillbillies in Texas, snob, who do you think you are? You're no better than anyone else, wise up Jethro.

“you know i know”

denver

#31983 Feb 27, 2014
ooops!

By Ellen Wulfhorst

NEW YORK (Reuters)- A recent stint of warm days and sunshine in the U.S. Midwest and Northeast was just a tease, as forecasters on Wednesday predicted an extended stretch of bitter cold and snow reaching well into March.

The wintry conditions were likely to take a firm hold on Thursday in the Midwest and move eastward over the weekend, meteorologists said.

"Once again the polar jet stream has plunged southward, tapping bitter cold air directly from the Arctic Ocean. This latest frigid plunge will engulf the nation's northern tier through the weekend," wrote The Weather Channel meteorologist Chris Dolce on its website.

The arctic air mass was affecting the eastern two-thirds of the nation on Wednesday, with high temperatures some 15 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit below normal in many places, the National Weather Service said.

On Friday and Saturday a "long-duration snow event" will develop in the central United States and slowly move east, said Alex Sosnowski, senior meteorologist at Accuweather.com .

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31984 Feb 28, 2014
There's never been a published peer reviewed experimental test of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change. Wait for the science to catch up to the hype.

Don't buy a pig in a poke.

"the green troll"

#31985 Feb 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
ooops!
By Ellen Wulfhorst
NEW YORK (Reuters)- A recent stint of warm days and sunshine in the U.S. Midwest and Northeast was just a tease, as forecasters on Wednesday predicted an extended stretch of bitter cold and snow reaching well into March.
The wintry conditions were likely to take a firm hold on Thursday in the Midwest and move eastward over the weekend, meteorologists said.
"Once again the polar jet stream has plunged southward, tapping bitter cold air directly from the Arctic Ocean. This latest frigid plunge will engulf the nation's northern tier through the weekend," wrote The Weather Channel meteorologist Chris Dolce on its website.
The arctic air mass was affecting the eastern two-thirds of the nation on Wednesday, with high temperatures some 15 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit below normal in many places, the National Weather Service said.
On Friday and Saturday a "long-duration snow event" will develop in the central United States and slowly move east, said Alex Sosnowski, senior meteorologist at Accuweather.com .
With all this cold weather in the US, the world must really be cooling.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-w...

Charlie's

#31986 Feb 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Are things in Paris that boring?
Yes boring snowless winter here, Cloudy and rainy weather, Average temperatures 39F to 57F.
At least you've got fun with coldwaves.
harmonious wrote:
PS, I don't read ANY technical mumbo jumbo from any warming hysterics, no matter how polite.
Except when datas can favour no warming claims

Charlie's

#31987 Feb 28, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
What's unreasonable is to forget that the antarctic iceshelf, while being able to melt at its base line is fed by snow falls at it summit, where even warming more such as 10 C will still have winter temperatures under -50 C, and that supposed to be warmer and weter atmosphere will bring more snow over antarctica high reliefs
So that I bet on the antarctic iceshelf resiliency, after all, it is over 800 000 years thick and the iceshelf itself is supposed to have existed since -45 billion years

Charlie's

#31988 Feb 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
I do read litterature of "no-warming-anyways-we're -for-nothing-in-it", now matter how coarse .

Is your snow refreshed beer cold enough ?

Charlie's

#31989 Feb 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
iceshelf itself is supposed to have existed since -45 billion years
Sorry 45 million years, Written too fast
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#31991 Feb 28, 2014
“The current CO2-induced warming of Earth is therefore essentially irreversible on human timescales.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/27/us-uk-scien...

"the green troll"

#31995 Feb 28, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
What's unreasonable is to forget that the antarctic iceshelf, while being able to melt at its base line is fed by snow falls at it summit, where even warming more such as 10 C will still have winter temperatures under -50 C, and that supposed to be warmer and weter atmosphere will bring more snow over antarctica high reliefs
So that I bet on the antarctic iceshelf resiliency, after all, it is over 800 000 years thick and the iceshelf itself is supposed to have existed since -45 billion years
The insane thing about brian's agenda for uncontrolled CO2 emission is that it would raise CO2 to levels that existed before the Antarctic ice formed (1000ppm+). If a reduction fro those levels allowed the ice to form, it doesn't seem impossible that raising CO2 to those levels again could cause the ice to disappear.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/309/5734/60...

Over millennia, perhaps, but sea level rise of a metre or more per century for millennia is going to make life for humans very difficult.

Not that brian and his fellow members of the cult of stupid give a fart.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31997 Feb 28, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"]do you warmies still believe the boogie man.....[/QUOTE]

Science without macho is not true.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31998 Feb 28, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
The insane thing about brian's agenda for uncontrolled CO2 emission is that it would raise CO2 to levels that existed before the Antarctic ice formed (1000ppm+). If a reduction fro those levels allowed the ice to form, it doesn't seem impossible that raising CO2 to those levels again could cause the ice to disappear.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/309/5734/60...
Over millennia, perhaps, but sea level rise of a metre or more per century for millennia is going to make life for humans very difficult.
Not that brian and his fellow members of the cult of stupid give a fart.
I'm not sure we can double or quadruple CO2 levels in the atmosphere but we can improve our own CO2 emissions to help. We've never seen an experimental test that shows a measured CO2 emission changing the global average CO2 level.

It seems insane to trust in models that have failed again and again, when experimental tests are key to understanding man made climate change and the best mitigation strategies. Without experiments, wait for science to catch up to the hype.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chinese Floors Cause Cancer 32 min Crassus 4
Tentative agreement reached at eight Twin Citie... 47 min Choice of Care Gone 1
Muslim Holidays 52 min Crassus 11
Vehicle License Tabs 2 hr Billionaire Dayton 13
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 4 hr Snoop 307
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 6 hr Whiny1 202
Government FAILURE MnSURE Sure is phocked up (Apr '14) 8 hr LIbEralS 25
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web