Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 40567 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#31933 Feb 26, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the Arctic and the Antarctic ice caps are losing ice mass.
http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/quickfacts/iceshe...
So what? meaningless and of course you're lying anyway.

Krauthammer: The myth of "settled science"
By Charles Krauthammer
Washington Post Writers Group
POSTED: 02/22/2014 05:01:00 PM MST248 COMMENTS| UPDATED: A DAY AGO

""The debate is settled," asserted propagandist in chief Barack Obama in his latest State of the Union address. "Climate change is a fact." Really? There is nothing more anti-scientific than the very idea that science is settled, static, impervious to challenge."

Obama is an idiot.

"So much for settledness. And climate is less well understood than breast cancer. If climate science is settled, why do its predictions keep changing? And how is it that the great physicist Freeman Dyson, who did some climate research in the late 1970s, thinks today's climate-change Cassandras are hopelessly mistaken?"

Warmers are stupid and hysterical

"They deal with the fluid dynamics of the atmosphere and oceans, argues Dyson, ignoring the effect of biology, i.e., vegetation and topsoil. Further, their predictions rest on models they fall in love with: "You sit in front of a computer screen for 10 years and you start to think of your model as being real." Not surprisingly, these models have been "consistently and spectacularly wrong" in their predictions, write atmospheric scientists Richard McNider and John Christy and always, amazingly, in the same direction.

Settled? Even the U.K.'s national weather service concedes there's been no change delicately called a "pause" in global temperature in 15 years. If even the raw data is recalcitrant, let alone the assumptions and underlying models, how settled is the science?"

Blind leading the blind hysterics

"Climate-change proponents have made their cause a matter of fealty and faith. For folks who pretend to be brave carriers of the scientific ethic, there's more than a tinge of religion in their jeremiads. If you whore after other gods, the Bible tells us, "the Lord's wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit"

Religious fanatics, as loony as the islamofascists, even more dangerous.

“you know i know”

denver

#31934 Feb 26, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
And now it's global COOLING! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../And-global-COOLING-Re... ;
Daily Mail
Sep 28, 2013 - Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year ... In the end, it will all just melt away quite suddenly.'..... Wolverine's cub is growing up!
Arctic Ice Makes Comeback From Record Low, but Long-Term ...
www.nytimes.com/.../arctic-ice-makes-comeback... ;
The New York Times
Sep 20, 2013 - Because thin ice is subject to rapid future melting, the scientists said this ... Playing out over a generation, the decline of the Arctic ice cap has ...
Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday - Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com/.../capital.../anta...... ;
The Washington Post
by Jason Samenow - in 1,163 Google+ circles
Sep 23, 2013 - Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight ... now underway may slow/delay Antarctic warming and ice melt.
Satellite data shows Arctic sea ice coverage up 50 percent | The ...
dailycaller.com/.../global-warming-satellite-... ;
The Daily Caller
Dec 16, 2013 - An Adelie penguin stands atop a block of melting ice near the French station at ... ago in December that Al Gore claimed that the polar ice caps would be completely melted by now.... The North Pole is still there, and growing.
Has global cooling begun? Arctic ice caps grow by 60% in a yea

“you know i know”

denver

#31935 Feb 26, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
"Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.
On Saturday, the ice extent reached 19.51 million square kilometers, according to data posted on the National Snow and Ice Data Center Web site. That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in 2012 (of 19.48 million square kilometers). Records date back to October 1978."

“you know i know”

denver

#31936 Feb 26, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't buy it, it's free for you, Special offer.
If you live close to the sea shore, just think about purchasing higher place to live because of ocean level rising.
I was just at the beach, the level was the same as it was 20 years ago. Another failed prediction from the hysterics.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#31937 Feb 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Anyone who lives next to a river, lake, stream, ocean, etc. takes a risk of being flooded.
But not lastingly.
You said that you fear cooling more than warming, there is possibility is that melting of polar ices could slow down or stop the thermohaline circuit and start ice era http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Pol...
although that would suppose all of polar glaciers to have melted, that I don(t believe in because as polar iceselves should get thinner, isostatic release would make Greenland and Antarctica rise back at higher altitude, at least a third of the melted ice thickness, thus abble to harbour everlasting lasting snows. Never forget action and retroactions.
If ever my posts get too technical and polite, warn me

Charlie's

#31938 Feb 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
I was just at the beach, the level was the same as it was 20 years ago. Another failed prediction from the hysterics.
You are too affirmative to be really credible, when I go to the beach, level has changing tidal level, except maybe for some rares places in Mediterranean sea were tide is +/- half a foot or Dead Sea
litesong

Everett, WA

#31939 Feb 26, 2014
harm on us wrote:
it's global COOLING! Sep 28, 2013 - Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year ...
Still crowing about the ice age return in 2013. But, "harm on us" is weak-kneed, indeed! First touched touchy toxic topix AGW denier claims were 60% recovery, then reduced to 50% recovery, now the time dated 29% recovery. Tho its "ice age" has now reduced by half, "harm on us" still is almost twice too big. At its time stamp, 2013 Arctic Sea Ice VOLUME was less than 16% higher than the average of the Arctic sea ice VOLUMES of previous years in this decade.

Considering the ice age cold that touched touchy toxic topix AGW deniers toted in 2013, what are present conditions for the Arctic sea ices?
//////////
Arctic sea ice VOLUME loss is a better measure of overall Arctic biosphere warming, than sea ice area loss, tho it's data is harder to determine. AGW deniers have complained about the seeming inaccurate use of Volume, but satellite data have confirmed Volume measures. Since the 1980's, the loss of Arctic sea ice VOLUME could only be seen in decadal periods of time. However, the rate of Arctic sea ice VOLUME loss has so greatly increased, VOLUME loss, often can be seen YEARLY! Arctic sea ice VOLUME, as of February 1, 2013 is 1% HIGHER than that of the "2010-to-current" time range. Average Arctic sea ice VOLUME for February 1, for the period 1980-89, was ~26,700 cubic kilometers. Present February 1, 2013 sea ice VOLUME is ~18,800 cubic kilometers,~7900 cubic kilometers less than the 1980-89 period for February 1.
//////////
Touched touchy toxic topix AGW denier science(including "harm on us") that we are in a rapidly cooling ice age era....... is smoke & mirrors, because touched touchy toxic topix AGW deniers have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31940 Feb 26, 2014
The NOAA Coastal Services Center works to protect coastal resources and keep communities safe from coastal hazards by providing data, tools, training, and technical assistance.

http://csc.noaa.gov/

So that you ignore denier propaganda. These deniers say anything including lies, misrepresentations,..
DonPanic

Paris, France

#31941 Feb 26, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
You are too affirmative to be really credible, when I go to the beach, level has changing tidal level, except maybe for some rares places in Mediterranean sea were tide is +/- half a foot or Dead Sea
Gasp !
False for the Dead sea whose level is significantly lower
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31942 Feb 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
And now it's global COOLING! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../And-global-COOLING-Re... ;
Daily Mail
Sep 28, 2013 - Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year ... In the end, it will all just melt away quite suddenly.'..... Wolverine's cub is growing up!
Arctic Ice Makes Comeback From Record Low, but Long-Term ...
www.nytimes.com/.../arctic-ice-makes-comeback... ;
The New York Times
Sep 20, 2013 - Because thin ice is subject to rapid future melting, the scientists said this ... Playing out over a generation, the decline of the Arctic ice cap has ...
Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday - Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com/.../capital.../anta...... ;
The Washington Post
by Jason Samenow - in 1,163 Google+ circles
Sep 23, 2013 - Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight ... now underway may slow/delay Antarctic warming and ice melt.
Satellite data shows Arctic sea ice coverage up 50 percent | The ...
dailycaller.com/.../global-warming-satellite-... ;
The Daily Caller
Dec 16, 2013 - An Adelie penguin stands atop a block of melting ice near the French station at ... ago in December that Al Gore claimed that the polar ice caps would be completely melted by now.... The North Pole is still there, and growing.
Has global cooling begun? Arctic ice caps grow by 60% in a yea
Lol.

Still not mastered linking yet have we?

Charlie's

#31943 Feb 26, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
The NOAA Coastal Services Center works to protect coastal resources and keep communities safe from coastal hazards by providing data, tools, training, and technical assistance.
http://csc.noaa.gov/
So that you ignore denier propaganda. These deniers say anything including lies, misrepresentations,..
Bah, it's governmental, thus this is part of the sientists' plot, for sure
Just city guys who want to fool hillbillies
SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#31944 Feb 26, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Bah, it's governmental, thus this is part of the sientists' plot, for sure
Just city guys who want to fool hillbillies
The hillbillies don't like water, LOL.

Charlie's

#31945 Feb 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
"Antarctic sea ice has grown to a record large extent for a second straight year, baffling scientists seeking to understand why this ice is expanding rather than shrinking in a warming world.
On Saturday, the ice extent reached 19.51 million square kilometers, according to data posted on the National Snow and Ice Data Center Web site. That number bested record high levels set earlier this month and in 2012 (of 19.48 million square kilometers). Records date back to October 1978."
I know that, I gave you the information, and that can be as well the pike of a saw type curve, problem is that a half year delay is needed to wacht next automn ice extension.
Just notice that you take argument in an international governmental institution supposed to be conniving into an IPCC plot

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31946 Feb 27, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
Both the Arctic and the Antarctic ice caps are losing ice mass.
http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/quickfacts/iceshe...
And that's a good thing, there's treasure under those caps. The ice stops development, most people prefer to live and build on solid ground.

Ice in a glass is nice, out your window not so good. Ice is slippery and dangerous. Don't panic, every cloud has a silver lining.

Charlie's

#31947 Feb 27, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
The hillbillies don't like water, LOL.
I understand them, Beer and bourbon are often safer drinks than dubious liquids pumped out of wells.

Charlie's

#31948 Feb 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
And that's a good thing, there's treasure under those caps. The ice stops development, most people prefer to live and build on solid ground.
Ice in a glass is nice, out your window not so good. Ice is slippery and dangerous. Don't panic, every cloud has a silver lining.
Not always true. Oil and gaz drillers like much better concrete iced soils and tracks than muddy ones they get in summertime, without taking in account the cloud of the world's meanest mosquitoes that Canada harbours.

"the green troll"

#31949 Feb 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And that's a good thing, there's treasure under those caps. The ice stops development, most people prefer to live and build on solid ground.
70m of sea level rise if they both continue melting.

What's to worry about?

(Loony.)

Charlie's

#31950 Feb 27, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
70m of sea level rise if they both continue melting.
What's to worry about?
(Loony.)
I don't agree.
Sea waters can rise that high only should all Antarctica and Greenland iceshelf all melted down,
I don't believe such thing can happen, Because Antarctica and Greenland mountains attract anticyclonic conditions, they will always produce glaciers.

"the green troll"

#31951 Feb 27, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree.
Sea waters can rise that high only should all Antarctica and Greenland iceshelf all melted down,
I don't believe such thing can happen, Because Antarctica and Greenland mountains attract anticyclonic conditions, they will always produce glaciers.
I was being a little facetious as I was talking to brian, but a serious melt of about 20m seems possible at current CO2 levels.

http://science.time.com/2013/07/24/antarctica...

If we are stupid enough to carry on adding CO2 as brian wants, who knows?
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#31952 Feb 27, 2014
Patrick Moore, a Canadian ecologist & co-founder of Greenpeace testifying before a Senate panel on Tuesday:

"There is no scientific evidence to back claims that humans are the dominant cause of climate change."

Patrick Moore, a Canadian ecologist who was a member of Greenpeace from 1971-86, told members of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee environmental groups like Greenpeace use faulty computer models and scare tactics in further promoting a political agenda

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Merkel Stare Down 14 min Duh 10
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr yep 27,120
98%?? 2 hr Davycrockett 1
News Veteran's Day: Who Is Your Armed Forces Hero? (Nov '07) 3 hr Davycrockett 19
News Travelers Ask to See Craig Bathroom (Sep '07) 3 hr Davycrockett 35
The Space ace Neighborhood Watch List 3 hr Crassus 8
Did trump serve in Vietnam or did he take a knee? 4 hr Davycrockett 2

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages