Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37507 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#31879 Feb 21, 2014
Baggers wrote:
Another "man" is global warming ???
WOW !
Here, I thought it was temperature on a global basis raising over time ....
Poor baggers, When the Koch Bros make money, it's capitalism, when ANYONE ELSE makes money, it's a "conspiracy" ???
LMAO !
When YOU have to define terms, you've lost EVERY argument....
The "koch" bros., teabagged you? Those old rascals, I didn't think they could get it up.
oneear69

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#31880 Feb 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i think warmies care more about the politics involved where promoting climate change is concerned. i really see no intellectual argument for why they so religiously believe in an untested theory.
warmies are emotional creatures, too.
Considering you are the one who uses politicians for your apparent scientific debate against GW,lol, one would have to conclude it is you who are confused on the facts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#31881 Feb 21, 2014
harm on us wrote:
Let them make something of their own country. The white man's burden.
A slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig touched touchy toxic topix AGW denier continues its ancestry of racism, death & stealing land that wasn't theirs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#31882 Feb 22, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Hysteria have many fathers
Confuscious
I can see that reading your posts

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#31884 Feb 22, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hysteria have many fathers
Confuscious
What's your source for that claim?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31885 Feb 22, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What's your source for that claim?
As usual, hysposteria.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
oneear69

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#31886 Feb 22, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>my thought is that you should jump over to the other thread and connect the dots a little better about GE being in bed with Hitler, son.
then you can move on to the more difficult task of trying to diminish me in some way.
btw......where does GE and Hitler fit into your version of a scientific debate on climate, son??
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
My friend, you do a fine job of discrediting yourself, you need no help with that. Again, you have the tool to do the proper research yourself. It is rather redundant in trying to help you get informed, when you refuse to do the do diligent research for yourself.You ignorance is of no concern to me .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Charlie's

#31887 Feb 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
What's your source for that claim?
Not the American Physical Society,

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#31888 Feb 23, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> My friend, you do a fine job of discrediting yourself, you need no help with that. Again, you have the tool to do the proper research yourself. It is rather redundant in trying to help you get informed, when you refuse to do the do diligent research for yourself.You ignorance is of no concern to me .
stop pretending, Agnes .

“you know i know”

denver

#31889 Feb 23, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Considering you are the one who uses politicians for your apparent scientific debate against GW,lol, one would have to conclude it is you who are confused on the facts.
as stupid as you are dumb as you are hysterical

Climate Change Myths Debunked - Greenhouse Gases
www.plantsneedco2.org/default.aspx... ;
Many myths are quoted as facts by the media, politicians and the administration. We provide information below to debunk many of the myths. Pollutions Myths
New Study Thoroughly Debunks Global Warming, Will Media Notice ...

newsbusters.org › Blogs › Noel Sheppard's blog&#8206;
Jul 11, 2012 - New Study Thoroughly Debunks Global Warming, Will Media Notice?.... My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts. Ignore that man ...
In Their Own Words: Climate Alarmists Debunk Their 'Science ...

www.forbes.com/.../in-their-own-words-climate... ;
Forbes
Feb 5, 2013 - It is way past time to realize that none of this is really about protecting the planet from man-made climate change. It never was.

Liberals Still on Fire Over Our 13-Year-Old Caller Who Debunked ...
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#31890 Feb 23, 2014
China is being plagued with choking pollution on an unprecedented scale. The smog over many cities reached new levels in the run-up to Chinese New Year on 31 January, creating havoc for holiday travellers. The government advised citizens to refrain from using fireworks and to stay indoors.

[nature.com]

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31893 Feb 23, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
as stupid as you are dumb as you are hysterical
Climate Change Myths Debunked - Greenhouse Gases
www.plantsneedco2.org/default.aspx... ;
Many myths are quoted as facts by the media, politicians and the administration. We provide information below to debunk many of the myths. Pollutions Myths
New Study Thoroughly Debunks Global Warming, Will Media Notice ...
newsbusters.org › Blogs › Noel Sheppard's blog&#8206;
Jul 11, 2012 - New Study Thoroughly Debunks Global Warming, Will Media Notice?.... My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts. Ignore that man ...
Forbes
Feb 5, 2013 - It is way past time to realize that none of this is really about protecting the planet from man-made climate change. It never was.
So who's behind "CO2 is green" and this advert? One of its founders is H Leighton Steward who, until his retirement in 2000, was the vice chairman of Burlington Resources, a Houston-based oil and gas company bought by ConocoPhillips in 2006. Steward received the American Petroleum Institute's Gold Medal for Distinguished Achievement in 2001 and remains an honorary director of the oil industry lobby group. In other words, we can conclude that this man boasts a particular pedigree within the oil industry.

The Washington Post (which admits it has taken a half-page advert from the "CO2 is green" group) is reporting that Steward, along with some associates, is now trying to establish the group as a charity:

Steward has joined forces with Corbin J Robertson Jr, chief executive of and leading shareholder in Natural Resource Partners, a Houston-based owner of coal resources that lets other companies mine in return for royalties. Its revenues were $291m [£184m] in 2008. They have formed two groups – CO2 Is Green designated for advocacy and Plants Need CO2 for education – with about $1m. Plants Need CO2 has applied for 501(c)(3) tax status, so that contributions would qualify as charitable donations, said Natural Resource Partners general counsel Wyatt L Hogan, who also serves on the group's board.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2...

H. Leighton Steward is the spokesman for front group Plants Need CO2 (the 501(c)(3) backed by coal baron Corbin Robertson) and the registrant of its PlantsNeedCO2.org website. According to its corporate Certificate of Formation[1], Steward is also a director at oil and gas company EOG Resources, formerly known as Enron Oil and Gas Company, where he earned $617,151 in 2008. Steward also serves as an honorary director of the American Petroleum Institute.[2]

http://sourcewatch.org/index.php/H._Leighton_...

Charlie's

#31894 Feb 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Forbes
Forbes isn't known as a science magazine and is known as a very bad toilet paper
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#31895 Feb 24, 2014
Honest Liberal wrote:
These scientists are heros of person kind. They care about our planet and have no ulterior motive. We need to pass the Fairness Doctrine so Fox News and others bought by Big Oil will no longer brainwash the sheep.
Hold On A Minute....those bastards believe the earth is more than 6000 years old and that dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago.

Realistically it's only 95% of scientists who believe climate change is real and that man is causing it....the others are bible thumpers.
common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31896 Feb 24, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold On A Minute....those bastards believe the earth is more than 6000 years old and that dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago.
Realistically it's only 95% of scientists who believe climate change is real and that man is causing it....the others are bible thumpers.
Actually it isn't "climate change" people have a problem with. Of course the climate is changing....it does that sometimes. Done it in the past, will do it again in the future! What the argument is about is if it is all man made changes or if we live on a planet in a great big solar system and that history tells us goes through climate changes as it always has and that like most of the occurrences we experience from natural changes to our planet or as a result of changes in the environment of our planet that we can't control or if everything is just centered around we people living on the planet living on the least amount of what our planet is even made up of (that would land, I thought for you I might need to explain), and what we do actually causes changes to the atmosphere that apparently some people think is even worse for our planet than NASA blowing through it, big companies sending up satellites through it, military and even weather stations sending up satellites, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that we can't control but do make either changes to the atmosphere or to the very location of the land itself, or Al Gore's private jet that is spewing out crap all over the country so he can go all over the country and spew out his crap. Catch up jr. we and the conversation or argument like our planet are evolving!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31897 Feb 24, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it isn't "climate change" people have a problem with. Of course the climate is changing....it does that sometimes. Done it in the past, will do it again in the future!
The climate changes within a range, naturally as cyclical processes shift heat and energy around in dynamic patterns.

BUT no. The issue is that AGW is shifting the climate BEYOND what is 'normal' into areas that will cost money to adapt to, or cost lives.

P.S. You do raise the one question. Why is it that denialist posters seem mostly to choose handles that are the OPPOSITE of their actual logic?

i.e you post the OPPOSITE of common sense, mostly ignorance and bad logic. Do you REALLY think your handle will give such crap some credibility? Or that the readers will be fooled?
SpaceBlues

United States

#31898 Feb 24, 2014
Just that deniers love hypocrisy.
SpaceBlues

United States

#31900 Feb 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>coming from someone who claims snowstorms prove his flimsy theory of man made global warming.
yeah, you people like to play both sides of the street and maintain a "straight" face.
lol
Where's your evidence?

You are still the same, sans science! Remembering when I noticed you first .. it was claiming some stuff re the destructive tornadoes in OK.. again sans science.

“you know i know”

denver

#31906 Feb 24, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
The climate changes within a range, naturally as cyclical processes shift heat and energy around in dynamic patterns.
BUT no. The issue is that AGW is shifting the climate BEYOND what is 'normal' into areas that will cost money to adapt to, or cost lives.
P.S. You do raise the one question. Why is it that denialist posters seem mostly to choose handles that are the OPPOSITE of their actual logic?
i.e you post the OPPOSITE of common sense, mostly ignorance and bad logic. Do you REALLY think your handle will give such crap some credibility? Or that the readers will be fooled?
Was our last ice age within this "range" you preposterous blathering buffoon?

“you know i know”

denver

#31907 Feb 24, 2014
Bushwhacker wrote:
Tell me again.... YOU don't icon, liar !
LMAO !
Gotta admit, you're a funny tea twit,,,
Bushwhacked on Sunday

Teabagged on Monday

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haha no moore pedophiles!! 2 hr Davycrockett 3
San Francisco’s robot security guard freaks out... 7 hr Muslim Terror Att... 4
Britain furious, Trump unapologetic as fallout ... 11 hr Crassus 21
Celebrities escape raging California wildfire a... Tue Maggie 6
4 imprint Tue Angry chick 1
E promos Tue Angry chick 1
My solution Dec 11 Muslim Terror Att... 14

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance