Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“guess who?”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#31655 Feb 11, 2014
Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Also when the Northwest passage becomes navigable it will be be a blessing to all shippers in the world and a huge financial gain to Canada, as we own it.
Ah yes, the fabled and long sought after NW passage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“guess who?”

denver

#31656 Feb 11, 2014
But wait! There's rocks there, unlike every other body of water on the planet, who knew?

I think I saw a rock in my yard, there goes my lawn.
Counting chickens

Honolulu, HI

#31657 Feb 11, 2014
So how can temperature records be used to support Global Warming?

Records mean nothing.
duh

Saint Paul, MN

#31658 Feb 11, 2014
When will you stupid fux take a breath/? Climate is, is what climate does. Arrogance is absorbing a self-importance that ...oops. yeah....sorry cosmos, I 'm in your way.

“guess who?”

denver

#31659 Feb 11, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no ship has ever paid Canada for passage through the passage. Nor are they likely too as Canada hasn't got the fleet of ships necessary to patrol the are.
Nor is there any boom in shipping. The passages are narrow and have many uncharted rocks. It may eventually become an shipping corridor but remember that it is only open (or will be) for a SHORT period in late summer and shippers don't want any risk of disrupting their schedule from some of the remaining ice drifting to clog the channel or from running aground. So for the next couple of decades it will be a bit of a stunt to put a ship through. A gamble few will take.
I guess all that terra firma at the north pole will block the ships? Silly boy.
Banana Ropublic

Da Nang, Vietnam

#31660 Feb 12, 2014
Counting chickens wrote:
Duluth set an new ALL TIME RECORD for a string of below zero days.
This is an ALL TIME RECORD!!
This isn't a 5 year record etc, Duluth has NEVER BEEN THIS COLD BEFORE!!
It's called "Global Cooling" my friends.
just depend wearing U@!;-000
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31661 Feb 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
But wait! There's rocks there, unlike every other body of water on the planet, who knew?
I think I saw a rock in my yard, there goes my lawn.
Does Costa Concordia ring any bells? Think that there are bottom reaming rocks in mid-Atlantic? Mid Pacific? The Panama Canal?

Ships are supposed to avoid areas where they can sink from hitting rocks. Just reason or 'common sense'. Something you seem to be short on. Hmm. You wouldn't be Francesco Schettino by any chance??
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31662 Feb 12, 2014
Counting chickens wrote:
So how can temperature records be used to support Global Warming?
Records mean nothing.
One record means nothing (in climate, it means something in weather). But a consistent set of record breaking (in any direction) means that climate is changing and the odds of any particular weather are changing. i.e. A 'once in a century' heat wave is weather when it comes once in a century. It is climate change when it comes every second year..

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/re...

There are 58 all time high records in the last year, against only 10 all time low records. This is because the average temperature is moving up overall. However, this is winter, and climate processes are being changed by AGW so that cold air from the Arctic can move down into the US. There may be a REGIONAL increase in cold records from this now.
rivermite

United States

#31663 Feb 12, 2014
I just read that 2014 will be the hottest summer EVER ! I'm digging in!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31664 Feb 12, 2014
rivermite wrote:
I just read that 2014 will be the hottest summer EVER ! I'm digging in!
Where did you read it and what sort of credibility do they have in the sciences?

A reference would be useful. Your unsupported claims are just noise.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31665 Feb 12, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you read it and what sort of credibility do they have in the sciences?
El Niño may make 2014 the hottest year on record

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25028-e...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31666 Feb 12, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on the TV morning news in the US.

Fair Game published about it yesterday as a new thread.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31667 Feb 12, 2014

“guess who?”

denver

#31668 Feb 12, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Costa Concordia ring any bells? Think that there are bottom reaming rocks in mid-Atlantic? Mid Pacific? The Panama Canal?
Ships are supposed to avoid areas where they can sink from hitting rocks. Just reason or 'common sense'. Something you seem to be short on. Hmm. You wouldn't be Francesco Schettino by any chance??
You wouldn't be the Skipper of the Minnow, would you? Say hello to Ginger for me.

Seriously, what a dufus you are, rocks in your head.

“guess who?”

denver

#31669 Feb 12, 2014
Another ice storm in Georgia, that pesky globull warming strikes again.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31670 Feb 12, 2014
harm on us wrote:
Go globull warming!!! Canada and Siberia need you!
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/10/09/2...

"harm on us" is looking for a "drunken forest" so he can have his way with it.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31671 Feb 13, 2014
I believe that we are in for a hotter summer than normal and another drought year for my area. The fact is weather and climate change ALL THE TIME, that is NOT the issue. The argument comes from those that think it is due to man and what we are doing to the Earth and those that just think it's because weather and climate change all the time now as in our history and the history of our planet.

So those that are denying global warming are just wrong to argue that the globe may be warming rather than saving the argument for why it is.

I myself will go with history, it proves to be true more than crap and twisted numbers and deleted arguments by those that don't agree with the people getting filthy rich off of wanting to claim it's all man made and only they can save us from ourselves by doing stupid shit like selling carbon credits to make no change at all the climate but instead make a bundle off selling more credits to those that put out more crap and less credits to those that don't and then allowing of course those that need more to purchase the credits they need so that they still can put out the same amount of crap they were complaining was damaging our planet to begin with.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31672 Feb 13, 2014
independent common sense wrote:
The fact is weather and climate change ALL THE TIME, that is NOT the issue.
That IS the issue. While cliimate changes within a small range every year, AGW is pushing outside of the NORMAL range into regions we are NOT prepared for. The issue is COST and LOSSES to ordinary people. YOU may be immune (or think you are) but that is a delusion system.
The argument comes from those that think it is due to man and what we are doing to the Earth and those that just think it's because weather and climate change all the time now as in our history and the history of our planet.
We have the evidence (science) so it is not about THINKING that AGW is driving climate change and it is due to man but KNOWING it.
So those that are denying global warming are just wrong to argue that the globe may be warming rather than saving the argument for why it is.
Those who deny AGW and climate change are those who deny science and reality. Since science tells us what the evidence shows reality IS.
I myself will go with history, it proves to be true more than crap and twisted numbers and deleted arguments by those that don't agree with the people getting filthy rich off of wanting to claim it's all man made and only they can save us from ourselves by doing stupid shit like selling carbon credits to make no change at all the climate but instead make a bundle off selling more credits to those that put out more crap and less credits to those that don't and then allowing of course those that need more to purchase the credits they need so that they still can put out the same amount of crap they were complaining was damaging our planet to begin with.
That run on sentence illustrates that you are denying that it can change (ignorance) while trying to turn it into a 'kleptocracy scandal' that is not shown by the finances. The ones who are profiting most today are fossil fuel companies that can charge five prices because fossill fuels are getting harder to locate or tap, and a few brave companies that have invested money in finding better ideas.

Go back to sleep. The civil war is over..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“guess who?”

denver

#31674 Feb 13, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/10/09/2...
"harm on us" is looking for a "drunken forest" so he can have his way with it.
850 KOA Mike Rosen 1pm MST famous, credible AGW debunker, don't miss it.

I know you want to hear both sides, right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31675 Feb 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
850 KOA Mike Rosen 1pm MST famous, credible AGW debunker, don't miss it.
I know you want to hear both sides, right?
Sure. Both sides. Always good.

http://i1.wp.com/www.skepticalraptor.com/blog...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marriage Man and a Woman 6 hr LIbEralS 10
Ebola Spreads to Texas 7 hr Billy 3
Why? 7 hr Billy 7
Elizabeth warren 11 hr Zoey Jaja 10
Beheading suspect likely radicalized in jail — ... 12 hr cowboy chris 2
Black Bear Fights Back During Vicious Murder 12 hr Tang Wong Chew 1
Are ‘Hong Kong people’ still Chinese? 12 hr Tang Wong Chew 1
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters