Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36786 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Counting chickens

Waipahu, HI

#31650 Feb 11, 2014
Duluth set an new ALL TIME RECORD for a string of below zero days.

This is an ALL TIME RECORD!!

This isn't a 5 year record etc, Duluth has NEVER BEEN THIS COLD BEFORE!!

It's called "Global Cooling" my friends.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31651 Feb 11, 2014
Counting chickens wrote:
No. It is called 'global warming induced climate change' caused by a weaker jet stream not holding back the arctic air masses as it once did. Or you can call it WINTER. At any rate it has nothing to do with cooling of the global average surface temperature. Or you would have to include the fact that Australia is burning up with record HIGH temperatures. Now go back to sleep. Sorry to disturb your dreams.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31652 Feb 11, 2014
Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Also when the Northwest passage becomes navigable it will be be a blessing to all shippers in the world and a huge financial gain to Canada, as we own it.
Actually no ship has ever paid Canada for passage through the passage. Nor are they likely too as Canada hasn't got the fleet of ships necessary to patrol the are.

Nor is there any boom in shipping. The passages are narrow and have many uncharted rocks. It may eventually become an shipping corridor but remember that it is only open (or will be) for a SHORT period in late summer and shippers don't want any risk of disrupting their schedule from some of the remaining ice drifting to clog the channel or from running aground. So for the next couple of decades it will be a bit of a stunt to put a ship through. A gamble few will take.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#31653 Feb 11, 2014
Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Also when the Northwest passage becomes navigable it will be be a blessing to all shippers in the world and a huge financial gain to Canada, as we own it.
Go globull warming!!! Canada and Siberia need you!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#31654 Feb 11, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It is called 'global warming induced climate change' caused by a weaker jet stream not holding back the arctic air masses as it once did. Or you can call it WINTER. At any rate it has nothing to do with cooling of the global average surface temperature. Or you would have to include the fact that Australia is burning up with record HIGH temperatures. Now go back to sleep. Sorry to disturb your dreams.
Ah yes, AGW, it's sooooo perfect, it has an excuse for everything, sweet dreams hysterical one.

“you know i know”

denver

#31655 Feb 11, 2014
Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the fabled and long sought after NW passage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#31656 Feb 11, 2014
But wait! There's rocks there, unlike every other body of water on the planet, who knew?

I think I saw a rock in my yard, there goes my lawn.
Counting chickens

Waipahu, HI

#31657 Feb 11, 2014
So how can temperature records be used to support Global Warming?

Records mean nothing.
duh

Saint Paul, MN

#31658 Feb 11, 2014
When will you stupid fux take a breath/? Climate is, is what climate does. Arrogance is absorbing a self-importance that ...oops. yeah....sorry cosmos, I 'm in your way.

“you know i know”

denver

#31659 Feb 11, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no ship has ever paid Canada for passage through the passage. Nor are they likely too as Canada hasn't got the fleet of ships necessary to patrol the are.
Nor is there any boom in shipping. The passages are narrow and have many uncharted rocks. It may eventually become an shipping corridor but remember that it is only open (or will be) for a SHORT period in late summer and shippers don't want any risk of disrupting their schedule from some of the remaining ice drifting to clog the channel or from running aground. So for the next couple of decades it will be a bit of a stunt to put a ship through. A gamble few will take.
I guess all that terra firma at the north pole will block the ships? Silly boy.
Banana Ropublic

Hanoi, Vietnam

#31660 Feb 12, 2014
Counting chickens wrote:
Duluth set an new ALL TIME RECORD for a string of below zero days.
This is an ALL TIME RECORD!!
just depend wearing U@!;-000
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31661 Feb 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
But wait! There's rocks there, unlike every other body of water on the planet, who knew?
I think I saw a rock in my yard, there goes my lawn.
Does Costa Concordia ring any bells? Think that there are bottom reaming rocks in mid-Atlantic? Mid Pacific? The Panama Canal?

Ships are supposed to avoid areas where they can sink from hitting rocks. Just reason or 'common sense'. Something you seem to be short on. Hmm. You wouldn't be Francesco Schettino by any chance??
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31662 Feb 12, 2014
Counting chickens wrote:
So how can temperature records be used to support Global Warming?
Records mean nothing.
One record means nothing (in climate, it means something in weather). But a consistent set of record breaking (in any direction) means that climate is changing and the odds of any particular weather are changing. i.e. A 'once in a century' heat wave is weather when it comes once in a century. It is climate change when it comes every second year..

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/re...

There are 58 all time high records in the last year, against only 10 all time low records. This is because the average temperature is moving up overall. However, this is winter, and climate processes are being changed by AGW so that cold air from the Arctic can move down into the US. There may be a REGIONAL increase in cold records from this now.
rivermite

United States

#31663 Feb 12, 2014
I just read that 2014 will be the hottest summer EVER ! I'm digging in!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31664 Feb 12, 2014
rivermite wrote:
I just read that 2014 will be the hottest summer EVER ! I'm digging in!
Where did you read it and what sort of credibility do they have in the sciences?

A reference would be useful. Your unsupported claims are just noise.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31665 Feb 12, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you read it and what sort of credibility do they have in the sciences?
El Niņo may make 2014 the hottest year on record

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25028-e...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31666 Feb 12, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on the TV morning news in the US.

Fair Game published about it yesterday as a new thread.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31667 Feb 12, 2014

“you know i know”

denver

#31668 Feb 12, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Costa Concordia ring any bells? Think that there are bottom reaming rocks in mid-Atlantic? Mid Pacific? The Panama Canal?
Ships are supposed to avoid areas where they can sink from hitting rocks. Just reason or 'common sense'. Something you seem to be short on. Hmm. You wouldn't be Francesco Schettino by any chance??
You wouldn't be the Skipper of the Minnow, would you? Say hello to Ginger for me.

Seriously, what a dufus you are, rocks in your head.

“you know i know”

denver

#31669 Feb 12, 2014
Another ice storm in Georgia, that pesky globull warming strikes again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marine le pen 1 hr Space ace 1
Democrats= biggest losers ever 3 hr Davycrockett 9
Trump's ICE Declined Detainer Report 18 hr TAAM 3
Joe mixon Sat Space ace 1
Devin nunes revelation Mar 23 Space ace 6
The Quit Cash Challenge - Quit Smoking and Win ... (Sep '11) Mar 22 Donna rhoda 32
Ellison Topix's Favorite Loser! Mar 21 Davycrockett 2

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages