Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#31254 Jan 25, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
It's always the same. Mostly intelligent, thoughtful posts from AGW acceptors, always attempting the truth.
untruthful barbs from the deniers.
Why don't you guys fight facts with facts? Because you don't have any, maybe?
So besides making you a SICK PERVERTED HILLBILLY do your posts also make you "Stupid, shallow, petty, denier"?:
gcaveman1 wrote:
"I hope I have answered your dumbass questions."

"If I'm misreading the chart..." HA!

Try "misreading the CHARTS", try misreading the graphs.

And you suggest that we are misreading the graphs. Typical substitution of blame, a sign of a serious personality disorder, if not serious mental illness.

Did you enjoy all this as much as I did?

You're fucked."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

"I think you're a little sore since I screwed you."

"Didn't like it much, huh?"

"You never had any credibility and now you've even lost that."
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T1046AOH0DHHII...

"...so good that you want to keep it in your mouth all the time?"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#31256 Jan 25, 2014
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
God... you are like a pit bull. Record Regional COOLING across parts of the northern Hemisphere is not evidence of CC (" not look at cold snaps")? BUT pointing to some warm parts of Alaska is somehow Looking At The Global Picture. You are strong evidence that Cognitive Dissonance is a prerequisite for the global warming faithful.
You don't seem to understand what cognitive dissonance is, clutz.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Delon Royster

Covina, CA

#31257 Jan 25, 2014
Even if we stopped all human carbon emissions today, the effects of global warming would still take a many centuries or more to play out. If we stopped all carbon emissions today it would cause a famine killing billions. Anyone who has visited many third world countries with rapid population growth know there is no chance they will do anything other than lip service to slow this down. They are unable to implement even basic sanitation. They are very good at blaming others and denial.

There are attempts to regulate this away. While it will increase there political power it will operationally do nothing to address or prepare.

One of the confusions about global warming, is it gets mixed with various forms of political correctness. Like pouring tons of extra money into Detroit public schools yet half are functionally illiterate. Explanations offered for this blame others and denial of the consequences of lifestyle choices. So people think all this is BS and lump global warming in with this.

For instance in the past in the American Southwest many things (dams & aqueducts) have greatly slowed the negative effects of drought. More needs to be done. Fighting unnecessary wars and expanding support for the baby-momma lifestyle does nothing to prepare. There are possible water projects like an aqueduct to the Columbia river. More intrinsically safe nuke plants (Thorium reactors for instance) must be developed and built. More efficient desalinization will need to be developed. There are many other things too. History has always favored those who adapt to change and think outside its current politically correct box. Politicians typically hang on the coattails of real change. History forgets those who blame and deny.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31258 Jan 25, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/articl e/u-n-climate-chief-communism- best-method-of-dealing-with-gl obal-warming
U.N. climate chief: Communism best method of dealing with global warming
January 15, 2014
For years, conservatives have said that radical environmentalism is little more than a front for a move to Communist tyranny. That assertion seems to have been proven with comments made by Christiana Figueres, climate chief for the United Nations, who said Communism is the best model for fighting global warming, the Daily Caller reported Wednesday.
According to Figueres, China, the world's top emitter of carbon dioxide, is “doing it right,” even though it has major pollution problems of its own.
The reason, she explained, is that democracy is no good at handling something like global warming, with different parties arguing over policy. In fact, she said, political differences like those in the U.S. Congress, are "very detrimental" to solving the issue....
Yes, Thomas Friedman, in his 2009 book, "Hot, Flat, and Crowded", fantasized about how quickly we could solve the problem if the US were to become "China for a day".

Ain't gonna happen.

Democracy and freedom will always do better than communism in the long run, but it takes cooperation and bipartisanship, working together, like this country is supposed to do. That's why I say you, and you Republicunt cohorts in Congress, are traitors to our country and to the world.

History will judge yall as mass murderers, who held up action for a few dollars more.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31259 Jan 25, 2014
Anti Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So besides making you a SICK PERVERTED HILLBILLY do your posts also make you "Stupid, shallow, petty, denier"?:
<quoted text>
Try some Preparation H; maybe that'll help.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31260 Jan 25, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Yes, Thomas Friedman, in his 2009 book, "Hot, Flat, and Crowded", fantasized about how quickly we could solve the problem if the US were to become "China for a day". Ain't gonna happen. Democracy and freedom will always do better than communism in the long run, but it takes cooperation and bipartisanship, working together, like this country is supposed to do. That's why I say you, and you Republicunt cohorts in Congress, are traitors to our country and to the world. History will judge yall as mass murderers, who held up action for a few dollars more.
^^^This is why I write gcaveman1 is mistaken; not a mass murderer, liar or villain. Don't hate your political opponents; learn to understand them. They aren't traitors; they don't understand science.

There are no experiments to justify climate change mitigation; not one.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31263 Jan 25, 2014
Delon Royster wrote:
Even if we stopped all human carbon emissions today, the effects of global warming would still take a many centuries or more to play out.
But would not be anywhere near as severe as if we paid attention to dipshits who confuse the matter like you.
Delon Royster wrote:
If we stopped all carbon emissions today it would cause a famine killing billions.
Total idiocy. The goal is not to totally eliminate emissions but to moderate them over time as we adapt to a post fossil fuel economy. And most economists agree that the result will be a stronger economy if we adapt before we start fighting over the last barrel and dealing with the climate change from inaction.. A major loss of life is predicted from drought, flood, and lower productivity of agriculture if we do nothing so the 'famine' would be the result of YOUR program.
Delon Royster wrote:
Anyone who has visited many third world countries with rapid population growth know there is no chance they will do anything other than lip service to slow this down.
More idiocy. A modern economy is much stronger than a subsistence one, and as technology and trade provides more resources that do not contribute or reduce AGW emissions we will make a higher standard of living available to more people.
Delon Royster wrote:
They are unable to implement even basic sanitation. They are very good at blaming others and denial.
The logic then is that you are a 'third world nation' as this is your program here. Certainly you act like one, fighting over resources and uncaring of anyone but your immediate family and connections.
Delon Royster wrote:
There are attempts to regulate this away. While it will increase there political power it will operationally do nothing to address or prepare.
Good politicians, reaction to the threat of AGW and climate change, SHOULD be given more power. However, I don't believe that they will since it isn't 'voting for bread and circuses' which is the vote winner in a democracy.

As to effectiveness, I somewhat agree if we don't accept the need for a global 'carbon surcharge' which may also be a carbon tax (surcharge is rebated to offset revenues, while tax is used to offset other, regressive taxes). In either case, doing no serious damage as the change is 'revenue neutral'. Easy to legislate and hard to corrupt which is why it has been hard to promote. But almost all economists agree that this is the way to compensate for the costs of adaptation to AGW and Climate change while addressing the issue of moderating the peak problem.
Delon Royster wrote:
One of the confusions about global warming, is it gets mixed with various forms of political correctness. Like pouring tons of extra money into Detroit public schools yet half are functionally illiterate. Explanations offered for this blame others and denial of the consequences of lifestyle choices. So people think all this is BS and lump global warming in with this.
This sounds like YOUR confusion more than anyone elses. I cannot find any objective evidence of this so it is likely to be your problem or your manufactured red herring.
Delon Royster wrote:
For instance in the past in the American Southwest many things (dams & aqueducts) have greatly slowed the negative effects of drought. More needs to be done.
Absolutely. Aqueducts and dams can only help distribute water. They do not make it so it becomes a fight over who will get what. NOT a good thing. We need much better desalination options and conservation of water. Drip irrigation, forward osmosis, etc. And recharging of aquifers with 'grey water', clean enough but not potable due to public rejection.

But also we need to moderate the climate change that PRODUCES the drought. Even if it takes a century to completely restore the past balance it will reduce the extremes TODAY.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31265 Jan 25, 2014
Delon Royster wrote:
Fighting unnecessary wars and expanding support for the baby-momma lifestyle does nothing to prepare. There are possible water projects like an aqueduct to the Columbia river.
Which will just drain the last water from the Columbia river and destroy salmon fisheries. You want to fight over resources. Go ahead but leave the educated out of it. YOU are the problem with your 'simple solutions' of stealing from Peter to make Paul rich.
Delon Royster wrote:
More intrinsically safe nuke plants (Thorium reactors for instance) must be developed and built. More efficient desalinization will need to be developed. There are many other things too.
By GOD! You actually have some facts right? Yes. I would suggest mostly 'mini-nuclear' to ensure against the probems of to much up front investment needed before it starts to pay, reducing risks. And the technologies are more than the Molten Salt Thorium reactor. Other passive safe reactors are CANDU 6 (good record of service), Integrated Fast Reactor (with lead eutectic instead of sodium), travelling wave reactor, Pebble bed, etc. Unfortunately, industry is still backing UNSAFE light water reactors. So this is 'science fiction' in terms of a real choice.

One idea would be to link 'green energy' projects that produce power on a schedule that doesn't match the demand to desalination plants. The green energy could be fed into the grid to provide cheap power when demand exceeds supply from the nuclear, hydro and fossil fuel generators, and the excess (in time or capacity) can be used for desalination. The fresh water would be a 'storage' of the power. Water and power are two faces of the same coin. Power is needed to pump water, or desalinate and water is needed to cool power plants. The link would be synergistic.
Delon Royster wrote:
History has always favored those who adapt to change and think outside its current politically correct box. Politicians typically hang on the coattails of real change. History forgets those who blame and deny.
<sarcasm>Sure sure. The most successful breeders were those that 'adapted' to hanging, drowning, bleeding out, etc. Sure.</sarcasm>

The truth is that the most successful countered the problems with intelligent solutions FIRST and then adapted to what they could not avoid.

You really are a waste of skin... perhaps you should 'adapt' to living without it... let me know how that works for ya..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31266 Jan 25, 2014
Meanwhile, business is moving forward with ACTUAL soluitons that reduce emisisons of GHGs while at the same time preserving businesses and civilization.

http://tinyurl.com/ljafw74
http://tinyurl.com/m7fwo62

Idiots like Delon Royster will never make a change, while good CEO's and managers will drive the changes needed despite him.

What we need on the POLITICAL side is an international agreement to put a 'price on carbon' so that the markets and businesses can profit from doing the right things to moderate climate change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31267 Jan 25, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is why I write gcaveman1 is mistaken; not a mass murderer, liar or villain. Don't hate your political opponents; learn to understand them. They aren't traitors; they don't understand science.
There are no experiments to justify climate change mitigation; not one.
You don't have a case to call me a mass murderer, liar or villain.

I understand you perfectly well. You are wrong! And we know that you don't understand science.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Delon Royster

Covina, CA

#31268 Jan 26, 2014
Correct! There is no way anyone (attempt under current political conditions) is going to stop completely stop all carbon emissions. No one could anyway, no matter what draconian measures they took.

While some advanced countries in the west to make, and continue to make great progress toward lower emissions you can forget about that ever happening in most of the third world which has a much larger populace and which is growing very fast.

My point is there is no way realistically that we are going to stop the pumping up of the CO2 into the atmosphere short of some dramatic technological changes. Even if that happened today it would take a lifetime to implement.

Its not the end of the world, there will be losers, there will be famines and wars.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#31269 Jan 26, 2014
Delon Royster wrote:
Correct! There is no way anyone (attempt under current political conditions) is going to stop completely stop all carbon emissions. No one could anyway, no matter what draconian measures they took.
While some advanced countries in the west to make, and continue to make great progress toward lower emissions you can forget about that ever happening in most of the third world which has a much larger populace and which is growing very fast.
My point is there is no way realistically that we are going to stop the pumping up of the CO2 into the atmosphere short of some dramatic technological changes. Even if that happened today it would take a lifetime to implement.
Its not the end of the world, there will be losers, there will be famines and wars.
It refreshing to see some relativity from someone I believe would identify as a skeptic. You're right and you're wrong.

We cannot stop emissions immediately, or probably ever. But we can slow them down.

The high price of fossil fuel will limit how much power poor nations, China, and India, can afford.. China has a lot of coal but a lot of pressure too from its citizens and the world not to burn it. Indians and the 3rd world are even now improvising, recycling, inventing. An slum dweller in Mumbai who made overhead solar lights out of 2-liter soda bottles. A teenager in Malawi(?) who powers his village with a windmill he fashioned out of bicycle parts.These are baby steps, but if 2 billion people start and continue these baby steps emissions could, at least, stop increasing.

Other than technological cures, there's the fact that fossil fuels will increasingly be too expensive for the West, both economically and environmentally. Natural market forces could shift suddenly and drastically, America could trigger unrest in the East just by radically reducing its demand, and conversely, trouble in the Middle East could force America's hand. Solar and wind could be incorporated rapidly, innovation would explode, and though still a fossil fuel addict, America could at least dry out.

We could slow it down; it would make a difference.

The motorist tried to weasel out of the ticket from the Texas State trooper.
"But, officer, I slowed down!"
Whereupon the trooper pulled the unfortunate miscreant out of his car and began to beat him with the nightstick, asking him repeatedly,.
"Well, sir, do you want me to stop or slow down?"
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#31270 Jan 26, 2014
Should be...

The motorist tried to weasel out of the ticket from the Texas State trooper, for running a stop sign..
Whereupon the trooper pulled the unfortunate miscreant out of his car and began to beat him with the nightstick, asking him repeatedly,.

:)
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#31271 Jan 26, 2014
WASHINGTON — Coca-Cola has always been more focused on its economic bottom line than on global warming, but when the company lost a lucrative operating license in India because of a serious water shortage there in 2004, things began to change.

Today, after a decade of increasing damage to Coke’s balance sheet as global droughts dried up the water needed to produce its soda, the company has embraced the idea of climate change as an economically disruptive force.

“Increased droughts, more unpredictable variability, 100-year floods every two years,” said Jeffrey Seabright, Coke’s vice president for environment and water resources, listing the problems that he said were also disrupting the company’s supply of sugar cane and sugar beets, as well as citrus for its fruit juices.“When we look at our most essential ingredients, we see those events as threats.”

Coke reflects a growing view among American business leaders and mainstream economists who see global warming as a force that contributes to lower gross domestic products, higher food and commodity costs, broken supply chains and increased financial risk. Their position is at striking odds with the longstanding argument, advanced by the coal industry and others, that policies to curb carbon emissions are more economically harmful than the impact of climate change.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31273 Jan 26, 2014
Aloha wrote:
Climate cycles occur naturally every 50 years or so.
Where?

What about the current global warming by the daily 90 million tons of greenhouse gases that was not the same 50 years ago?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#31274 Jan 27, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Should be...
The motorist tried to weasel out of the ticket from the Texas State trooper, for running a stop sign..
:)
Do you suppose that would work on the deniers?
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31276 Jan 27, 2014
Maleficent Dreamie wrote:
U all making Al Gore happy..........more).........; -000
Only the ignorant ones that insist on making him filthy rich of this global warming scam! And filthy rich he is becoming....all off global warming! How "convenient"!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#31277 Jan 27, 2014
independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the ignorant ones that insist on making him filthy rich of this global warming scam! And filthy rich he is becoming....all off global warming! How "convenient"!
You have no information, just a longing for the good old days and a deep fear of the new.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#31278 Jan 27, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose that would work on the deniers?
Might, but there's some very hard heads out there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31281 Jan 27, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
You don't have a case to call me a mass murderer, liar or villain.
I understand you perfectly well. You are wrong! And we know that you don't understand science.
I didn't call you a mass murderer, liar or villain. You called me those things; remember? What's the most compelling experiment you've found for climate change mitigation?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Parents Weren't at the Scene in Ferguson 14 hr Liberal Lover 2
Car plows through protesters during Ferguson ra... 15 hr Mama Brown 4
Burn Diss Place Down 16 hr Sqandered taxdollars 6
Ferguson rioters destroy businesses, police car... 16 hr Sqandered taxdollars 18
The Gentle Violent Giant 16 hr Sqandered taxdollars 2
Thousands in Minnesota join outcry over Ferguso... 16 hr Sqandered taxdollars 3
How do I explain this to my black students? 18 hr Sqandered taxdollars 22
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News