Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35607 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31138 Jan 18, 2014
And politicians will cure the Earth with a new tax and restore climate to its pristine, pre-industrial state and everyone will live happily ever after...
dont know N dont care

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#31139 Jan 18, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was just pointing out the desperation and laments of the warmists!
"Pay attention to us... you poopy heads!"
Run along... and remember, Al Gore is global warming hypocrite.
LOL
i think U must got yo degree on Phoenix on line with University? Al Gore just practeeth with his speecheery writer! & Y do U get so serious of Al Gord Globall from yesterday?!! U stil don't know Jack inda Box from yo 3D TV?!!! ;-000
dont know N dont care

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#31140 Jan 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
And politicians will cure the Earth with a new tax and restore climate to its pristine, pre-industrial state and everyone will live happily ever after...
U lov CO2;-000h, CO brocos may be win the souper BOWL XLViii;-000
dont know N dont care

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#31141 Jan 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
and tryin to drink more of Smart H2O or Vitamink water helping to +++Rain man!!;-00
litesong

Everett, WA

#31142 Jan 18, 2014
motheaten mothballs wrote:
.... pointing out.......Pay attention...
I often point out that touched toxic topix AGW deniers have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, thus pay no attention to them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#31143 Jan 18, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Now, remember, no single weather event can be attributed to climate change. But this kind of event IS WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED IN A WARMING WORLD.
But it isn't a 'single weather event'. It is the THIRD year of progressively worsening drought conditions.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#31145 Jan 18, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Where's your evidence for what you have been claiming for years and about 45,000 times? Clearly, you lack integrity and honesty. P.S. Your comrades have long departed. have you not noticed?.
The evidence is the experimental record; what's the most compelling peer reviewed experimental test have you found? I lack neither integrity nor honesty, only information about an experimental test on man made greenhouse gas emission or sequestration and climate change.

Waiting...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31146 Jan 18, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
But it isn't a 'single weather event'. It is the THIRD year of progressively worsening drought conditions.
Yes, but even three years can be "weather".

We aren't allowed to say even one three-year event is a sign of climate change. What I want to know is when we will be allowed to say, "This was caused by global warming."?

Will it be when we have a tornado a week in Minnesota?
Will it be when we have a hurricane a week in Mississippi?
Will it be when they have been rationing water in California for three years?
Will it be when snow covers the ground in London for most of the year?
Will it be when the tides cover half of Bangladesh every day?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31148 Jan 18, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't allowed to say even one three-year event is a sign of climate change. What I want to know is when we will be allowed to say, "This was caused by global warming."?
Will it be when we have a tornado a week in Minnesota?
Will it be when we have a hurricane a week in Mississippi?
Will it be when they have been rationing water in California for three years?
Will it be when snow covers the ground in London for most of the year?
Will it be when the tides cover half of Bangladesh every day?
.. when UK is left with only Scotland above sealevel..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31149 Jan 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is the experimental record; what's the most compelling peer reviewed experimental test have you found? I lack neither integrity nor honesty, only information about an experimental test on man made greenhouse gas emission or sequestration and climate change.
Waiting...
Are you waiting in your closed indoor garage with car engines running?

P.S. Your posts are utterly meaningless vis a vis science...you post merely strings of words.. LOL
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#31154 Jan 18, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably never. What you CAN say is that AGW has increased the odds of drought. A 'weather event' is purely based on 'proximate conditions' so it can never be 'caused by AGW'. Climate can only say that the proximate conditons that produced the weather event were 'more likely' or 'less likely' due to AGW. This is why three years of progressively worsening drought is an indication of climate change, because the ODDs are likely to have shifted as without that, the three years of drought are highly improbable.
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#31155 Jan 18, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know all about GW.
Has there ever been another time in recorded history when the earth was warming like it is now?
Closest analogue would be the PETM about 55 mya. It was caused by similar accumulations of GHGs (i.e CO2) but took place over a much longer period. AGW is unique in terms of the SPEED of change and thus causes more 'disruption' of climate than the PETM. But the end result will probably be similar once we come to our senses or are destroyed as a technological species by it.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-rising-te...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#31157 Jan 18, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo in the 1920s and 1930s during the dust bowl years was that also caused by GW?
The regional drought in the very small area of the western praries was caused by over-tilling of the soil. It has nothing to do with GLOBAL anything. You do not have to take EVERY opportunity to make a fool of yourself. Sometimes it is better to keep silent.. unitl you have some clue about what you are going to talk about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#31159 Jan 19, 2014
IrishMn wrote:
Given the demonstrated IQ of "Brain Gone" no test would matter, the the moronic HATTER !!!
There are no experimental tests for climate change mitigation, not one. Or, you might want to cite the most compelling experiment you've found so far?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#31160 Jan 19, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm acutely aware I am a fool.
It is painfully obvious to everyone else too.
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool just wants to know IF the drought in the 1930's as caused by GW.
So you want to know if the over-tilling of prairie soils was 'caused' by GHG emissions? Truly you are an idiot as well if you can link THOSE two.
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
OK IDIOT, your turn to make a fool of yourself!
Sorry, but you are still the outstanding idiot and I will not bother to compete.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bligh

Freehold, NJ

#31163 Jan 20, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know all about GW.
Has there ever been another time in recorded history when the earth was warming like it is now?
During the late Pliocene and early Pleistocene Series of the Cenozoic Era, 3.6 to 2.2 Ma (million years ago), the Arctic was much warmer than it is at the present day (with summer temperatures from 3.6-3.4 Ma some 8degC warmer than today). That is a key finding of research into a lake-sediment core obtained in Eastern Siberia, which is of exceptional importance because it has provided the longest continuous late Cenozoic land-based sedimentary record thus far. The sedimentary sequence dates from recent times back to 3.6 Ma when the lake was formed by a large extraterrestrial impact. During the warm period, atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations were close to those of today, at around 400 parts per million, indicative of a strong climate sensitivity signal in the Arctic, which has again warmed very rapidly in recent decades. The lake sediment record has thus provided us with a snapshot of how the Arctic may look in the near future.
2013 almost certainly marks the first year, since the Pliocene, in which rising carbon dioxide concentrations have breached the 400ppm milestone. This could tell us where we are going in the near future. In other words, the Earth system response to small changes in carbon dioxide is bigger than suggested by earlier climate models. The Arctic climate response to warm forcing agents is to warm more than models would predict, with other poorly-constrained amplifying feedbacks the likely culprits, and what goes on in the Arctic tends to be reflected in due course by what goes on in the Antarctic. Past warming events during the Pleistocene and Pliocene have seen ice-cap collapse in both areas. It is estimated that the collapse of the West Antarctica and Greenland ice-sheets would lead to fourteen meters of sea-level rise. The results of the studies discussed above show that such events are compatible with a world in which the atmosphere contains ~400ppm of carbon dioxide.
This is the history of things to come in the world of Ice within the atmosphere concentrations of 400ppm of co2. The collapse of the wais is well underway, Greenland is showing a surface melt of 97%.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31166 Jan 20, 2014
CannotDismissTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
First, to the GW cult, you will no doubt use your "you're dismissed" stupidity, but that works about as well as your slanted arguments. THANK YOU OWL GORE for pointing out real facts, which can't be dismissed. The GW cult flocks to the web, vids, blogs, and social media to promote their warped beliefs. The Common Sense side chooses to let REAL SCIENCE talk, not BS invented out of the conspiracy theory mentality. In 50 years, our children and grand children will look back and compare the GW garbage and the anti-GMO stupidity to the Salem Witch Trials. For now, I'm going to go jump into my big Ford diesel duelly pick-up truck, go purchase some steaks from cattle fed GMO corn, and continue to ignore and/or blast the lunatics who propagate lies (with their junk science) and would prefer to have government regulate American lives. P.S. I have a big shop that I burn coal for heat too! And the best part... there is nothing anyone can or will be able to do about it. Now... watch the lunatic fringe attack!
So, show us the REAL SCIENCE, redneck.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#31168 Jan 20, 2014
CantDismissTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me correct you on one thing Mr Believer Caveman...
Corrections? Sure. Real science corrections. i.e.
http://tinyurl.com/pt93k5h

The rest of your rant. Your ignorance. Your tendency toward religous dogma, etc. is really not in question, at least it is not relevant to this thread. We take you at your word that you have no use for science and that you believe the bible gives you the ability (not the right) to avoid consequences for your actions. It is comforting but not realistic. God gave us dominion but we have to puzzle out the HOW of it. He doesn't give us a 'get out of jail free' card. That is what free will is about. Or in your case, free won't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#31171 Jan 20, 2014
aloha wrote:
Doesn't "Global Warming" MEAN all of the globe getting warmer?
"aloha" said aloha to education in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, but accepts the non-science of touched toxic topix AGW deniers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#31172 Jan 21, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo, we are in the middle of record breaking COLD in much of the USA.
Doesn't "Global Warming" MEAN all of the globe getting warmer?
Yes. Over the entire globe, and over a years time (properly thirty years to eliminate cyclical decadal climate noise). So the globe gets warmer. It does not mean that seasons disappear. Or that every place is suddenly warmer. It means only the the 'global average surface temperature (including land, water and air) is, on average, warmer.
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
How can North America being very cold make sense with "Global Warming"?
This has been explained a thousand times. The warming temperatures are strongest over and at higher latitudes so the poles warm more than the equator. This reduces the temperature difference that drives the 'jet stream' and it becomes easier to shove around by arctic air masses. Thus you make it easier for a major cold snap to occur as the COLD arctic air moves south. Or for record breaking heat waves as warm air moves into the arctic.

Please take a moment to think.
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
When the dust bowl was man made and very small in size and ALL of North America is VERY COLD?
What is your point? AGW is also man made,but global is scale. It affects all regions. But the cold snap is weather, not climate. Climate change from AGW just makes it more likely to occur.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING 1 hr Phineas 15
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 15 hr texas pete 628
Get Over It! 22 hr Evil Roy Slade 10
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro Fri Protesters CAN WORK 50
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20
Trump Won The Popular Vote Nov 29 Obamas comments 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance