Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31119 Jan 16, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Warminsts keep inventing more ways to scare folks.
babble........babble........ba bble........puke........
Anyone surprised?
Here, try rejecting a military man's assessment:

Despite renewed threats from nuclear North Korea, missile stockpiling in China and a standoff between China and Japan over a small string of islands, the head of the U.S. Navy’s Pacific fleet has declared the greatest threat to long-term peace in the region is climate change.

Fallout from the shifting global temperature "is probably the most likely thing that is going to happen ... that will cripple the security environment, probably more likely than the other scenarios we all often talk about," Navy Admiral Samuel J. Locklear III told the Boston Globe's Bryan Bender on Friday.

This not from some liberal tree hugger, but from the man who ran the maritime part of NATO’s war against Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi in 2011 and has since been tasked with responding to the frequent destructive weather events in East Asia and the Pacific Ocean.

"You have the real potential here in the not-too-distant future of nations displaced by rising sea level," Locklear said. "Certainly weather patterns are more severe than they have been in the past. We are on super typhoon 27 or 28 this year in the Western Pacific. The average is about 17."

Locklear's comments come after the Department of Defense released a Quadrennial Defense Review in which it described the shifting global climate as a national security threat and "accelerant of instability and conflict," placing the burden of response on militaries around the world.

The U.S. military has also adopted a variety of clean energy projects in an effort to green its image and reduce the armed services’ carbon footprint.

from Huffpost
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31120 Jan 16, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Warminsts keep inventing more ways to scare folks.
When their "science" was shown suspect on it's own... out comes the "consensus" argument... then when folks don't buy it, comes the psychologists studies attemption to rationalze why folks don't believe them.
Then... onto the "studies" of 'connections" to political parties... and then to religious groups.
Now... let's stoke up the "portfolio" fear.
Warmists have no shame.
btw, notice again the ringleader of the carbon bubble?
Good 'ol hypocrite Al Gore.
Anyone surprised?
What about that homework I assigned you?

You got that proof that AGW ain't happening? Yet?

No, of course you don't. You doan have shit.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31121 Jan 16, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you have something there...
McCarthy was unable or unwilling to support the Obama's claims despite being the central figure crafting and implementing EPA regulations...
good example.

Environmental Protection Agency administrator Gina McCarthy, under questioning by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), could not personally say whether global temperatures were increasing Thursday during a hearing of the Environment and Public Works Committee.

“I just look at what the climate scientists tell me,” she said.“I don’t dissect that information in ways that would impress you, but certainly I’m not qualified.”

Thus we see a political figure (Gina McCarthy) accepting the scientific facts without trying to distort them with her own 'opinion' and she correctly accepts that she is ignorant of the full measure of the science. I applaud.

The problem then is the Senator Jeff Sessions who wishes to shift the discussion to an 'opinion' by a bureaucrat. HE wishes to put the matter to a POLITICAL table.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31123 Jan 16, 2014
Bushwhacker wrote:
You missed the point....
Absense of proof, is teabagger TRIUMPH.....
You don't HAVE a point. Or if you do you haven't expressed it.
Bushwhacker wrote:
Just like a paid shill is the best source, AFTER he sells "smoking is save" ???
LMAOROTFU~!
The National Academy (and all academies) of Science was set up to establish what is scientific fact (they do not deal with issues of 'proof') for the purpose of establishing a basis for policy decisions. It is proper that the EPA and President consider the NAS statement on AGW theory and the IPCC reports to set policy which was done. Nuff said.
Duh

Virginia Beach, VA

#31126 Jan 16, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
"E-Gore" is such a lying fool he can't get his stories straight. The idiots who believe in global warming are eating their own words. IT'S THE SUN that controls our climate. The sun has just reversed its magnetic poles say scientists, so things may be getting weird on Earth. But never fear, when Yellowstone blows its top, all mankind will probably be wiped out. Let's see the leftist wackos blame that one on mankind and our SUVs. Damn idiots.
Al Gore is one smart cookie. I admire a man who can sell people "carbon credits" and they pay him millions. They never see their "carbon credits", but Al rakes in the dough.
Al Gore also sold a TV channel, that no one watched, to Al Jazeera, and made millions.
Al Gore is a capitalist. That is what America needs more of.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31127 Jan 16, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
good example.
Environmental Protection Agency administrator Gina McCarthy, under questioning by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), could not personally say whether global temperatures were increasing Thursday during a hearing of the Environment and Public Works Committee.
“I just look at what the climate scientists tell me,” she said.“I don’t dissect that information in ways that would impress you, but certainly I’m not qualified.”
Thus we see a political figure (Gina McCarthy) accepting the scientific facts without trying to distort them with her own 'opinion' and she correctly accepts that she is ignorant of the full measure of the science. I applaud.
The problem then is the Senator Jeff Sessions who wishes to shift the discussion to an 'opinion' by a bureaucrat. HE wishes to put the matter to a POLITICAL table.
Very good analysis.

I knew if he was using "Bright Bart", there would be some deception involved.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31128 Jan 17, 2014
The undeniable fact is climate change mitigation has never been experimentally tested.

Wait for the science to catch up to the hype.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#31129 Jan 17, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'invent' not only the group, their membership but also their platform. It is all under your control because it has no substance and therefore cannot be refuted with fact.
[remaining blather omitted]
blah, blah, blah....

Plenty of substance, but it's contrary to your "science" so you choose to ignore it.

btw, Al Gore is global warming hypocrite

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#31130 Jan 17, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations! You're making great strides towards joining the most ignorant citizens in the country.
First you reject the climate science.
Then psychological studies.
Then the well-documented Koch-purchased denial.
And now the sage advice of economists and financial planners.
Hard to say who you might believe, or disbelieve, next. You must live is a verrry---scarrry world...where none can be trusted and all are against you, like some psycho-spy thriller movie.
And all because Al Gore made a pact with the Debbil!
Actually, I was just pointing out the desperation and laments of the warmists!

"Pay attention to us... you poopy heads!"

Run along... and remember, Al Gore is global warming hypocrite.

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#31131 Jan 17, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, try rejecting a military man's assessment:
Despite renewed threats from nuclear North Korea, missile stockpiling in China and a standoff between China and Japan over a small string of islands, the head of the U.S. Navy’s Pacific fleet has declared the greatest threat to long-term peace in the region is climate change.t
Sorry, but according to the warmists only climate scientists can make valid arguments about of global warming.

Damn! Those double standards really suck, don't they?

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#31132 Jan 17, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
An inconvenient truth.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

So far, no warminst has refuted that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31133 Jan 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The undeniable fact is climate change mitigation has never been experimentally tested.
Wait for the science to catch up to the hype.
Where's your evidence for what you have been claiming for years and about 45,000 times?

Clearly, you lack integrity and honesty.

P.S. Your comrades have long departed. have you not noticed?.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31134 Jan 17, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
An inconvenient truth.
Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
So far, no warminst has refuted that.
LIAR.

I posted that Al is the greatest. You changed my words because you lie and misrepresent the truth.

You are full of envy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31136 Jan 17, 2014
(Reuters)- California Governor Jerry Brown declared a drought emergency on Friday, a move that will allow the parched state to seek federal aid as it grapples with what could turn out to be the driest year in recorded state history for many areas.

The dry year California experienced in 2013 has left fresh water reservoirs with a fraction of their normal reserves and slowed the normally full American River so dramatically that brush and dry riverbed are showing through in areas normally teeming with fish.

"We can't make it rain, but we can be much better prepared for the terrible consequences that California's drought now threatens, including dramatically less water for our farms and communities and increased fires in both urban and rural areas," Brown, a Democrat, said in a statement.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< >

Now, remember, no single weather event can be attributed to climate change. But this kind of event IS WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED IN A WARMING WORLD.

Since: Jul 13

Neptune, NJ

#31137 Jan 17, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
(Reuters)- California Governor Jerry Brown declared a drought emergency on Friday, a move that will allow the parched state to seek federal aid as it grapples with what could turn out to be the driest year in recorded state history for many areas.
The dry year California experienced in 2013 has left fresh water reservoirs with a fraction of their normal reserves and slowed the normally full American River so dramatically that brush and dry riverbed are showing through in areas normally teeming with fish.
"We can't make it rain, but we can be much better prepared for the terrible consequences that California's drought now threatens, including dramatically less water for our farms and communities and increased fires in both urban and rural areas," Brown, a Democrat, said in a statement.
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< >
Now, remember, no single weather event can be attributed to climate change. But this kind of event IS WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED IN A WARMING WORLD.
That's right, with much more to come.

http://simplicityinstitute.org/wp-content/upl...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31138 Jan 18, 2014
And politicians will cure the Earth with a new tax and restore climate to its pristine, pre-industrial state and everyone will live happily ever after...
dont know N dont care

Hanoi, Vietnam

#31139 Jan 18, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was just pointing out the desperation and laments of the warmists!
"Pay attention to us... you poopy heads!"
Run along... and remember, Al Gore is global warming hypocrite.
LOL
i think U must got yo degree on Phoenix on line with University? Al Gore just practeeth with his speecheery writer! & Y do U get so serious of Al Gord Globall from yesterday?!! U stil don't know Jack inda Box from yo 3D TV?!!! ;-000
dont know N dont care

Hanoi, Vietnam

#31140 Jan 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
And politicians will cure the Earth with a new tax and restore climate to its pristine, pre-industrial state and everyone will live happily ever after...
U lov CO2;-000h, CO brocos may be win the souper BOWL XLViii;-000
dont know N dont care

Hanoi, Vietnam

#31141 Jan 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
and tryin to drink more of Smart H2O or Vitamink water helping to +++Rain man!!;-00
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31142 Jan 18, 2014
motheaten mothballs wrote:
.... pointing out.......Pay attention...
I often point out that touched toxic topix AGW deniers have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, thus pay no attention to them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota kids too fat to fight, ex-generals say 25 min LIbEralS 15
NHL playoffs!!! 2 hr perfect time to p... 23
Where did Freddy Gray work?? Or attend college?? 4 hr DeShawn Malt Liquor 27
News Obama dines with Streisand, Springsteen, Kardas... (May '14) 5 hr swedenforever 19
News Nekima Levy-Pounds voted in as Minneapolis NAAC... 5 hr cowboy chris 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 19 hr _Zoey_ 234
Centipedes are the worst! 20 hr DeShawn Malt Liquor 3
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]