Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35852 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

SpaceBlues

Desoto, TX

#30957 Jan 9, 2014
Moved bums from Medicaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Younger have been brainwashed.
I know a young fella who worked at the south pole and asked a "scientist" there what she thought about GW.
She said if she didn't support it she would not gat any grant $$$ to study at the south pole.
Sooooooo, she sold her soul for the grant cash.
They call people like you "liars."

And you believe your own lies.. LOL.
John Reading

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#30960 Jan 9, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> 99.9% of them have sold their soul for the cash. They are just prostitutes to the people that want to control us all. Just a bunch of "HOs".
Hopewell, U shoulda know HOwell!! ;-000
John Reading

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#30961 Jan 9, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
SpaceBlues, you are a liar and a fool. You are typical of the far left Marxists that are running and ruining our country. Only a slim-ball would respect a crap like you.
dat cowgirl is onda missson control the www.space.com
;)
John Reading

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#30962 Jan 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>They call people like you "liars."
And you believe your own lies.. LOL.
U lik chicchat the Glow Ball worm holes?!! ;-000
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30963 Jan 9, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
SpaceBlues, you are a liar and a fool. You are typical of the far left Marxists that are running and ruining our country. Only a slim-ball would respect a crap like you.
Coming from you.. LOL.

Mind your own business, slim. You don't know me at all!
Chucky Clapping

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#30967 Jan 9, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
John Reading, is number 10, beau-coo dinky-dow. His momma was a virgin that charged $5 for a short time, but did a "Carolina black snake" for free. Isn't that right " Uncle Ho".:)>
dat is funnies!! ;-000h, enyoy yo joke here ok!! ;-00
Obamakerr

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#30968 Jan 9, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
John Reading, is number 10, beau-coo dinky-dow. His momma was a virgin that charged $5 for a short time, but did a "Carolina black snake" for free. Isn't that right " Uncle Ho".:)>
and don't U call me Charlie or else i will!!!
Charlie bit my finger - again !

if U can find me free smoking cigarwee 4U;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
dat call ObamaPoticare!! ;-00
John McLaughlin

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#30969 Jan 9, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> I know your type, pure slim-ball that can't speak the truth and can't debate with honesty. Typical Marxist puke like your lord and master, Obama. Your as bad as that "gooooook" from Hanoi.
do U liked weather, almanac, or atlas term?!!;-000h, John Atlas inhere around 70 degree very nice here!! ;-000
read my lips

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#30971 Jan 9, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> I know your type, pure slim-ball that can't speak the truth and can't debate with honesty. Typical Marxist puke like your lord and master, Obama. Your as bad as that "gooooook" from Hanoi.
remember who speecheery is dat?!!! ;-00h, don't call gooooooooook it's goooge go or google

;-000

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#30972 Jan 9, 2014
Fellow warmist trolls, I am at a loss. This is costing me MONEY, something that cannot happen, I have a fleet of private jets and gas guzzling limos to fill. This is not what I need..........

Al Gore Forecasted “Ice-Free” Arctic by 2013; Ice Cover Expands 50%

Self-styled “global-warming” guru Al Gore (shown) and a gaggle of supposed “climate scientists” have egg all over their faces — big time. In 2007, 2008 and 2009, Gore publicly and very hysterically warned that the North Pole would be “ice-free” by around 2013 because of alleged “man-made global warming.” Citing “climate” experts, the government-funded BBC hyped the mass hysteria, running a now-embarrassing article under the headline:“Arctic summers ice-free ‘by 2013’.” Other establishment media outlets did the same.

Well, 2013 is almost over, and contrary to the alarmist “predictions” by Gore and what critics refer to as his “doomsday cult,” the latest satellite data show that Arctic ice cover has actually expanded 50 percent over 2012 levels. In fact, during October, sea-ice levels grew at the fastest pace since records began in 1979. Experts predict the expansion to continue in the years to come, leaving global-warming alarmists scrambling fiendishly for explanations to save face — and to revive the rapidly melting climate hysteria.

In September, meanwhile, data also showed that sea ice levels in Antarctica had expanded to record levels for the second year in a row. Of course, by now, virtually everyone who has been following news about “global warming”— now more often referred to as “climate change” owing to public-relations concerns — also knows that global temperatures have not risen for some 17 years. The spectacular lack of warming demolished all 73 of the “climate models” used by the United Nations to push its controversial theories.

According to the dubious theories and predictions advanced by Al Gore and other alarmists, though, none of this should be happening. Speaking to an audience in Germany five years ago, Gore — sometimes ridiculed as “The Goracle”— alleged that “the entire North Polarized [sic] cap will disappear in 5 years.” While the original video of that particular failed prediction appears to have been scrubbed from the Internet, conservative bloggers managed to track down the same footage from other sources.“Five years,” Gore emphasized again, is “the period of time during which it is now expected to disappear.”

I need you pukes to come up with even MORE rhetoric, lies and outright fabrications to refute the people who know what is the truth, er, uh, I mean the deniers. You pukes like litethong, caveman, spacenut, keep voting up your post, clearing your history and doing it over like the cowards, uh, er heroes you are. Now get to work you pukes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#30973 Jan 9, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
They get long term support and careers from producing well received papers that break new ground and which are then cited by other scientists (who therefore show that they consider the paper valid and significant).
Only those with PRIVATE funding such as tobacco scientists and the current pharaceutical industry, in areas that have no publicly funded counterparts, tend to 'bias' their results and do not fear rebuttal by others in the same field.
And you can prove every one of those assertions?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#30974 Jan 9, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
But only made ONE trip, discovering that it was not feasible for regular traffic.
Unlike the captain of the Manhattan, YOU refuse to learn from experience.
Give it up. Your claim of the "first" commercial ship to get through the Northwest passage has been debunked.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30975 Jan 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up. Your claim of the "first" commercial ship to get through the Northwest passage has been debunked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Manhattan_%28...
"A second attempt to cross the passage in winter proved impossible"

You have not debunked anything. And I can give references to my comments. The first and ONLY commercial vessel to sail the passage (not explorers or adventurers) up until recently.

Bullshit and Bafflegab will only get you so far. You've run out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30976 Jan 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can prove every one of those assertions?
Proof if for mathematics. I can reason with someone CAPABLE of understanding but the statements stand on their own. Anyone that whines about 'proof' is obviously not using his or her brain so no, I cannot convince an idiot of anything. I recognize my limits..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#30978 Jan 10, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Manhattan_%28...
"A second attempt to cross the passage in winter proved impossible"
You have not debunked anything. And I can give references to my comments. The first and ONLY commercial vessel to sail the passage (not explorers or adventurers) up until recently.
Bullshit and Bafflegab will only get you so far. You've run out.
"up until recently"

Yup. Debunked.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 13

Freehold, NJ

#30980 Jan 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about getting "rich"?
Could it be that long sustained unbroken income stream is not a financial goal?
I responded to a post written on Jan 7 written by LibEralS…expounding on the fact that all scientists do not agree with Global Warming. He, LibEralS used the discredited scientist Richard Lindzen as his source. Lindzen was unable to make enough money or notoriety by working, he joined an organization that questioned the science about the dangers of smoking. Then joined with Exxon in their disinformation campaign to deceive the public about global warming. This guy has no moral principals at all.

The point of my argument was not money, it was more about the deception aimed at the public about global warming. And the fact the Lindezn was not a credible source of information.

You brought up money as being the point of this discussion not me. Your remark “Who said anything about getting "rich"? Well, it appears you did. I brought up money as a source of motivation for Lindzen. This is not about money or political orientation.

It’s about global warming and a small group of people ( the fossil fuel industries) funding a global warming deniers machine. A recent article in the Guardian exposed a billion dollar industry aimed at exactly that.

I really don’t care about who makes how much money, but to use a position of some notoriety in a attempt to discredit a well understood and globally important issue such as global warming is at best criminal.

Lets take a look at the facts; The Earths temperature is rising at a alarming rate, historically speaking, with no other observable influences other than man made CO2 emissions.
The Oceans absorbed 90% of all the extra heat generated by global warming, Ice is melting all over the globe…. everywhere!
Heat waves and massive fires are now common. Drought and water shortages are now common. Worldwide food production fell for the first time last year. The last time CO2 concentrations were this high, palm trees were growing in the Artic.

If we stopped all co2 emissions today it’s estimated that the earths temperature would rise another .8 degC just from what we’ve done already.

Is this what you want? Is this what you are defending?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#30981 Jan 10, 2014
bligh wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded to a post written on Jan 7 written by LibEralS…expounding on the fact that all scientists do not agree with Global Warming. He, LibEralS used the discredited scientist Richard Lindzen as his source. Lindzen was unable to make enough money or notoriety by working, he joined an organization that questioned the science about the dangers of smoking. Then joined with Exxon in their disinformation campaign to deceive the public about global warming. This guy has no moral principals at all.
The point of my argument was not money, it was more about the deception aimed at the public about global warming. And the fact the Lindezn was not a credible source of information.
You brought up money as being the point of this discussion not me. Your remark “Who said anything about getting "rich"? Well, it appears you did. I brought up money as a source of motivation for Lindzen. This is not about money or political orientation.
It’s about global warming and a small group of people ( the fossil fuel industries) funding a global warming deniers machine. A recent article in the Guardian exposed a billion dollar industry aimed at exactly that.
I really don’t care about who makes how much money, but to use a position of some notoriety in a attempt to discredit a well understood and globally important issue such as global warming is at best criminal.
Lets take a look at the facts; The Earths temperature is rising at a alarming rate, historically speaking, with no other observable influences other than man made CO2 emissions.
The Oceans absorbed 90% of all the extra heat generated by global warming, Ice is melting all over the globe…. everywhere!
Heat waves and massive fires are now common. Drought and water shortages are now common. Worldwide food production fell for the first time last year. The last time CO2 concentrations were this high, palm trees were growing in the Artic.
If we stopped all co2 emissions today it’s estimated that the earths temperature would rise another .8 degC just from what we’ve done already.
Is this what you want? Is this what you are defending?
Did I mention Lindzen? No.

"Most of the “peer reviewed articles” are post-doctorial work, meaning they do not get paid at all. Other scientist who work at government installations like the NWS or NOAA
Receive livable wages. Scientist who work at major universities are funded by the university. None of them are getting rich!"

Wanna split hairs and say "getting rich" isn't about money?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#30982 Jan 10, 2014
>>In late September 2011, under pressure from our FOIA request and the subsequent lawsuit against NASA, we finally received Dr. Hansen’s 2010 public financial disclosure, revealing up to $1,232,500 in additional outside income in 2010 including honoraria for speeches, prizes for climate change advocacy, and first class air travel for he and his wife on trips to Australia, Japan and Norway.

E&E Legal’s FOIA request and litigation exposed significant conflicts of interest and potential ethics violations for Dr. Hansen and the work he does for taxpayers at NASA, as well as demonstrating that climate change scientists are hardly the disinterested and modestly paid scientists that radical environmentalists typically portray them as, in contrast to allegedly bought-off and highly-paid climate ‘skeptics.’

http://eelegal.org/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30983 Jan 10, 2014
There's big money in man made global warming demagoguery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#30984 Jan 10, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of idiots like Cuccinelli and Inhofe.
I don't think they are. Source for that claim?
Don't know that he is or that any presidential advisor did. Source for that claim?
I replied to this nonsense and gave a link proving the Presidential Adviser pandered a new Ice Age in 1971 (not 1974.) It's really convenient, when you people arrange the deletion of posts responding to you. Then, you can continue patting yourself as controlling the conversation, which is exactly the falsehoods your sources have practices since the beginning of this farce.

Just remember... 365 to 400 ppm means PARTS PER MILLION, a gas with literally no impact on the global environment, other than increasing crop yields.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scumbag obama 8 days left 9 min LIbEralS 3
Drugged out mark dayton collapses 1 hr LIbEralS 12
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 3 hr LIbEralS 581
CNN = Fake News 3 hr LIbEralS 35
SPICER sure is the right guy for the job 9 hr Where is my love ... 9
Trump keeps nafta tpp promises 12 hr Where is my love ... 2
Moonman 14 hr Space ace 6

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance