Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37103 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30793 Jan 4, 2014
She still HATE the USA wrote:
Those posters wih 1/2 brain understand there is NO such thing as Global Warming.
And those with all their wits intact understand that there IS such a thing as Global Warming.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rambeaux

Coatesville, PA

#30794 Jan 4, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
And those with all their wits intact understand that there IS such a thing as Global Warming.
Izzat so? Perhaps you should come to my house here in Philly and shovel the snow out of my driveway. I could also use a hand with my heating bill since it is 16 degrees F.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#30795 Jan 4, 2014
rammedbutt wrote:
...... come to my house here in Philly and shovel the snow out of my driveway. I could also use a hand with my heating bill since it is 16 degrees F.
AGW enhanced warm Siberian fronts push into the high Arctic, causing temperatures to rise 10-14degC higher than normal. The energetic warm fronts push Arctic cold fronts south to the southern U.S. & even as far south as Mexico & Central America. Many times in late 2013, northern Canadian lands, only 920 to 1300 miles north of Seattle & Minnesota have been -40degC to -46degC(-51degF), as Arctic cold outbreaks descend to the U.S.

Yeah, the cold is due to.......AGW.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30796 Jan 4, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Read closely, this is an admission that deniers only have half a brain.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30797 Jan 4, 2014
She still HATE the USA wrote:
Those posters wih 1/2 brain understand there is NO such thing as Global Warming.
Thanks for the honesty.

We posters who use all of our brains understand that there is a very serious problem called Global Warming.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#30798 Jan 4, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Worldwide, since the USA is only about 2% of the Earth's surface, what happens here is far from representative of the planet as a whole.
Actually the amount of planet that is the country of the USA is actually bigger than what you are claiming. Especially when you add all the outlaying lands that are not part of the lower 48.
This includes Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii. Alaska being the largest state of America with a landmass of 586,412 square miles.
Making America having a surface area closer to 7% of the world. America being the third largest country by landmass. Preceding by Russia as the largest, With Canada as the second largest.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30799 Jan 4, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the amount of planet that is the country of the USA is actually bigger than what you are claiming. Especially when you add all the outlaying lands that are not part of the lower 48.
This includes Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii. Alaska being the largest state of America with a landmass of 586,412 square miles.
Making America having a surface area closer to 7% of the world. America being the third largest country by landmass. Preceding by Russia as the largest, With Canada as the second largest.
It's hilarious when an ignoramus tries to educate an educated man.

Alaska and Hawaii are included in that 2% figure. Puerto Rico is about the size of three counties in Mississippi and Guam is a fraction of that.

Since we are discussing GLOBAL warming, then GLOBALLY, all of the US and all its
territories equal less than 2% of the GLOBE'S surface. Your 7% figure is the portion of GLOBAL LAND AREA that the US et al, occupies, not GLOBAL surface area.

Remember that climate happens over the ocean too.

Next time you attempt to correct me, try to get it right so that you won't be chewing on your shoe.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#30801 Jan 4, 2014
It doesn't take much to figure out who "drank the Kool-Aid". All these liberal wackos. They ARE good for a laugh, because they are such a "F"ing joke. And it is sad that their mothers didn't have any children that lived.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#30802 Jan 5, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> BULL-SHITIT !!!!! It is you that doesn't remember the 70s, because you were too young to know crap( if you were even born yet). The truth of the matter is, you and your fellow warming retards are a product of the failed liberal public school system and the left-wing college mind-warpers. What you need is a real education, not what you have gotten.
And you have a problem separating media sensationalism from scentific findings.I am sorry that you failed the liberal public school opportunity. Possibly you could understand better how things work if you had completed your education.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30803 Jan 5, 2014
I love watching the global warming panicmongers. Like watching a glacier move downhill, melt or evaporate.
She still HATE the USA

Minneapolis, MN

#30804 Jan 5, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the honesty.
We posters who use all of our brains understand that there is a very serious problem called Global Warming.
As we are poised to SET an all time record for COLD in Minnesota and across the USA.

As a ship is STUCK in sea ice in antarctica with teams of "scientists" on board studying Global Warming.

Did they find IT?

OR did they find Global Cooling?

They will never admit to COOLING, even thou they are STUCK IN ICE!!!

Again those with 1/2 a brain are yelling WARMING when it's really COOLING!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30805 Jan 5, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> BULL-SHITIT !!!!! It is you that doesn't remember the 70s, because you were too young to know crap( if you were even born yet).
IF you are a VN vet, then you probably spent you day trudging through jungle (not a good way to learn about climate). I, OTOH, am 64 and certainly remember the 70's well.

But even more persuasive is the FACT that the number of papers on AGW vs aerosol cooling are as described.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/What-1970s-s...

And even the most cited newsweek article is about a paper that was found to be in ERROR by it's OWN author.
She still HATE the USA

Minneapolis, MN

#30806 Jan 5, 2014
Well the boatload of Warming alarmists got stuck in ICE!

Relative worked at the south pole on a grant only suppled because he supported warming.

It's all a scam supported by a Kenyan Obama!! You know ll those African scammers.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#30807 Jan 5, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you are a VN vet, then you probably spent you day trudging through jungle (not a good way to learn about climate). I, OTOH, am 64 and certainly remember the 70's well.
But even more persuasive is the FACT that the number of papers on AGW vs aerosol cooling are as described.
https://www.skepticalscience.com/What-1970s-s...
And even the most cited newsweek article is about a paper that was found to be in ERROR by it's OWN author.
So you, VN Vet, and I must be about the same age. I am in my 64th year. I am not a vet. I knew I would probably come back in a bag and I didn't want to fight for American (Corporate) interests in Vietnam. I didn't dodge, but I did avoid. I had better things to do with MY life.

He sounds angry.

It's warming.
We are causing it.
There is something we can do about it.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#30808 Jan 5, 2014
That was a ship full of scientists, not "Warming alarmists".

So you've discovered another Kenyan scam. Call the FBI.

There's some discussion that the ship was trapped by ice floes and bergs that were pushed toward it very rapidly by southeasterly winds. This ice came from part of the ice shelf that broke off last year.

Due to global warming.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#30810 Jan 6, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> Scientific findings my azz. Those clowns are only after big grants so as to live off the public dole like welfare queens. This is easy money just for pleasing the leftist goons trying to take over power of our government.---- NOW as for my schooling, I had "A"s and "B"s all through school, went into the Army in 67 and got 2 degrees after I got out of the military( thanks to the GI Bill). At the age of 66, I believe I've been around a little while and seen a few things. And I can spot a scam a mile away. Global Warming IS A SCAM.---- So just go drink some more Kool-Aid. If you fools were really serious about this crap, you would give up all your electronic devices and cars, and turn off your heat and A/Cs. You are all full of BS.----- P.S. I was not infantry, but I was shot at, many times while draft dodgers were sucking-up here at home. Reminds me of how this country gave Iraq back to Al-Qieda forgetting about all the troops that died over there. Worthless pukes in DC.
You have lived on FOX too long. At least you came back. My brother didn't. He paid the ultimate price for a war that was a scam.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Auto stuff

Minneapolis, MN

#30812 Jan 6, 2014
Pathetic Government!
litesong

Everett, WA

#30813 Jan 6, 2014
lippyass wrote:
The AVERAGE temperature in the US is 14.8 degrees
The average temperature of the high Arctic above the 80th parallel has been 10-14 degrees warmer than normal, as AGW enhanced warm fronts from the south have pushed into the Arctic, simultaneously pushing cold Arctic fronts south, onto the U.S.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#30814 Jan 6, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> Scientific findings my azz. Those clowns are only after big grants so as to live off the public dole like welfare queens. This is easy money just for pleasing the leftist goons trying to take over power of our government.---- NOW as for my schooling, I had "A"s and "B"s all through school, went into the Army in 67 and got 2 degrees after I got out of the military( thanks to the GI Bill). At the age of 66, I believe I've been around a little while and seen a few things. And I can spot a scam a mile away. Global Warming IS A SCAM.---- So just go drink some more Kool-Aid. If you fools were really serious about this crap, you would give up all your electronic devices and cars, and turn off your heat and A/Cs. You are all full of BS.----- P.S. I was not infantry, but I was shot at, many times while draft dodgers were sucking-up here at home. Reminds me of how this country gave Iraq back to Al-Qieda forgetting about all the troops that died over there. Worthless pukes in DC.
Have you ever applied for a grant? Do you know the hoops you have to jump through? They don't give this money away without references and accountability. You faux conservatives seem to think that scientists get a grant and it's party time. Sorry, Charlie, it just ain't so.
You must account for how the money is spent or risk going to jail. There is equipment to buy, travel to pay for, lab assistants to hire. You can pay yourself a salary or set a contract price for your labor, but, believe me, it is carefully scrutinized.
Not all grant money comes from government either. Some is from private foundations and they want an accurate accounting of a researcher's time and expenses as well.
The term "welfare queen", popularized by Mr. Rayguns, has been traced to one woman who fleeced many people and agencies out of money. His whole war on an imaginary group of people was based upon the story of one criminal.
I have asked for proof that various climate scientists have mansions or Lamborghini's; so far, no proof, only wild accusations.
You sound like you have some real anger issues. Maybe some counseling at the VA would help. Just remember if you use the VA, you may be in danger of going on the government dole.
litesong

Everett, WA

#30815 Jan 6, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I love watching the global warming panicmongers. Like watching a glacier move downhill, melt or evaporate.........
.......& the faster, the better!

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi74949657/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Somali brutaliy beats Woman 15 min Rattlesnake Pete 26
News APNewsBreak: US restoring asset seizures - with... 47 min Rattlesnake Pete 12
News US restoring asset seizures - with safeguards 2 hr Putins Glock Holster 3
News Mohamed Noor, Somali American cop who allegedly... 3 hr non nnegerro 34
muslims hate ..... 3 hr Davycrockett 14
News Australian 'healer' mourned after shooting by M... 4 hr Davycrockett 20
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 14 hr Rattlesnake Pete 731

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages