Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37479 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Duh

United States

#30773 Jan 3, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuuhhh is right. He is the ultimate in duhhh.. Even more duh than most denialists. Note how he confuses the USA with 'the globe'? As usual he doesn't mention record high temperatures in the southern hemisphere. Typical USA citizen wondering about 'other countries' he has heard about but doesn't believe in. If there were any other countries, wouldn't the Bible tell him?
I guess you didn't read my post correctly. I stated that I am waiting for global warming coming this March. I believe in global warming, I see it every year around summer time.
And I take exception to your "Typical USA Citizen" snide remark. Us "Typical USA Citizens" have been protecting you Canadians a$$e$ for too long. Oh, and your welcome.
Duh

United States

#30774 Jan 3, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a sibling of Laura? Do you think your winter location is the globe?
If you are joking about global warming, you are not funny.
I will admit I am no Jeff Foxworthy, but I did think my post was rather amusing. Lighten up sugar britches.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#30775 Jan 3, 2014
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov Macy is kinda goofy..
Watch a cow in the cold, they turn their arse into the wind. If ya avoid the wind -15 ain't cold.
BUT your Global warming point is well taken.
Thing is, is that the -15 is expected to be the highest temp for Monday. Meaning the morning temps and windchills are going to be alot worse.
Not something you want kids to be walking to either the bus stop or all the way to school in.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#30776 Jan 3, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe anarchy is freedom from government? Human will makes freedom possible, our rights transcend government, organization or affiliation.
Anarchy may be freedom from government but it certainly does not guarantee freedom for the individual. The big dogs would enslave us all! Government enables individual freedoms.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#30777 Jan 3, 2014
When the lower 48 are in the "deep freeze" it has nothing to do with AGW, but when a tornado hits a town over 10,000.... It has everything to do with AGW!

Lol

What a bunch of lying trolls you warmists are proven to be on an hourly basis!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30778 Jan 3, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
When the lower 48 are in the "deep freeze" it has nothing to do with AGW
Not true. While weather is not climate, climate does tend to change the odds of weather. The reduction in the speed of the polar jet stream allows for cold arctic air masses to more easiliy move south so there is SOME connection between the current deep freeze and AGW.

But the connection is not obvious or direct so caution in the language is necessary. Weather is about PROXIMATE conditons (i.e where the air masses are, how much heating they get, etc). Climate is about the PROBABILITIES of particular weather resulting from an initial state.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
but when a tornado hits a town over 10,000.... It has everything to do with AGW!
The strength and frrequency of tornadoes is also affected by AGW driven climate change. But again, it is a PROXIMATE cause (weather) while climate influences the ODDS, not the event;.

And how many people in the town or whether it hits a populated region is not related.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:

Lol
You are confused. I don't blame you for it. You are obviously undereducated and bombarded by silly media blurbs. You may even make things worse by reading too many right wing blogs where they intend to confuse and misdirect. Too bad you couldn't have developed 'critical thinking skills' so that you could separate the gold from the dross.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30779 Jan 3, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
When the lower 48 are in the "deep freeze" it has nothing to do with AGW, but when a tornado hits a town over 10,000.... It has everything to do with AGW!
Lol
Jealous, huh? To dwindling deniers, rip.

Your record is held as a lying troll who initiated last year a denial about the devastating OK tornadoes. I remember it well.

Minneapolis, MN

#30780 Jan 3, 2014
So. Those who marked my last post with negatives obviously think that kids should be in weather that is much colder than -15 temps with windchills near -50.
Sorry, but to expose children to temps like that is child endangerment. NO child should ever have to be out in dangerous weather. Be it too cold or too hot.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#30781 Jan 3, 2014
i get a chckle out of people saying global warming when across the USA there is a freeze TONS of snow in a LOT of places!! Ice storms, record snow yeah sounds like global warming!

Minneapolis, MN

#30782 Jan 3, 2014
I hope that who ever thinks that it is ok to endanger children. That you folks got yourselves sterilized. NO child should be even near you.
She still HATE the USA

Minneapolis, MN

#30783 Jan 3, 2014
Those posters wih 1/2 brain understand there is NO such thing as Global Warming.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#30784 Jan 3, 2014
I'm old enough to remember the 1970s when the so called experts said we were going to have another ice age in 20 years. Didn't happen, just like Al Gore said the North Pole would be ice free. The Sun controls ALL our climate changes, and the Sun changes periodically, in cycles. For these idiots to fear that man is causing Global Warming, commit suicide to help get rid f the problem. PLEASE.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#30785 Jan 3, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Government makes freedom possible, dodo.
Yeah, that is what Hitler and Stalin told their people too. You can live under a ALL CONTROLLING government, but leave me and my fellow freedom lovers the hell out of your "utopia".
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30786 Jan 3, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like another conspiracy to me..... LOL Reminds me of the conspiracy of the contrails where "they" are extruding aluminum dust, or whatever, to destroy the masses. I know it is true because "they" all wear gas masks so they won't be affected. LOL
Perhaps "they" want to disarm the masses to prevent the masses from killing themselves. BTW where did you get the 5 million figure?
Don't feel left out! You too can become a conspiracy nut; just tune into Alex Jones or American Family Radio for a few hours each day. Before long (unless you think critically), you'll be a ranting conspiracy junkie incapable of being converted to good sense.

I only saw one or two contrails over Chicago in my recent trips. If they wanted to spray a lot of the people, why aren't they doing this city of 2.7 million? It's because chemtrails are just contrails, and there aren't any over Chicago because everyone's LANDING in Chicago.

I know you knew that and with just a little-bitty tiny amount of independent thought, they could too. But, no.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30787 Jan 3, 2014
Laura wrote:
Guess the abnormal ice and cold mean there is NO Global Warming.
Global Cooling is more accurate.
Worldwide, since the USA is only about 2% of the Earth's surface, what happens here is far from representative of the planet as a whole.

For the first time in 20 years, the USA saw more record cold temperatures than record hot temperatures in 2013.

"For the first year since 1993, there were more daily record lows than daily highs that were either tied or set in 2013," reported Weather Channel meteorologist Guy Walton, who keeps track of the data from the climate center.

Worldwide, since the USA is only about 2% of the Earth's surface, what happens here is far from representative of the planet as a whole.

Through Dec. 28, there have been 11,852 daily record lows in 2013, compared with 10,073 daily record highs, according to Walton.

A "daily" record occurs when a specific location sets a record high or low temperature for a particular day; other types of records include monthly and all-time.

Walton said that an unusually cold spring was the main factor in the "cool" 2013.

The year 2013 was a stunning turnaround from the USA's amazingly warm year of 2012, when more than 34,000 record highs were measured across the country, as compared with only about 6,600 record lows.

Overall, the year was likely a blip in a long-term warming trend: "The ratio of daily highs to daily lows continues to be near 3 to 1 for this decade, so far," Walton said.

Also for the decade so far, there have been 700 all-time record highs set, compared with only 74 all-time record lows.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/12 ...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30788 Jan 3, 2014
Laura wrote:
Setting records for COLD temps.
Global Warming means GLOBAL WARMING.
Guess it's NOT Global Warming after all.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30789 Jan 3, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
So where is this supposed global warming happening?
United States National Weather Service has predicted for Monday in Minnesota that the low for the weather that day will be -30s. With the windchill to be in the -50s.
Highest temp expected that day is to be a -15.
Due to this, the Minnesota Governor has CANCELLED public schools across the entire state..
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3268147.shtml... This is the first time a Minnesota governor has closed schools in response to cold weather since January 1997, when former Gov. Arne Carlson canceled schools as temperatures plunged to 32 below in the Twin Cities. Carlson also closed schools in January 1994 and February 1996.
As well this bit: It is blizzard conditions across North Dakota currently.
So, for you global warming alarmists. Where is this supposed warming happening again?

And that goes for Minnesota and North Dakota, too!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30790 Jan 3, 2014
-SAMCROsupply- wrote:
i get a chckle out of people saying global warming when across the USA there is a freeze TONS of snow in a LOT of places!! Ice storms, record snow yeah sounds like global warming!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#30791 Jan 3, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
I'm old enough to remember the 1970s when the so called experts said we were going to have another ice age in 20 years.
You didn't remember the 70's well. A full 44 science papers were published in Science Journals on Global Warming. Only 7 papers were written on global cooling.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#30792 Jan 4, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
Antarctic ice shelf melt 'lowest EVER recorded, global warming is NOT eroding it':
The first statement is true, the second a lie.

Look at the press release:

http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/press/press_relea...

It's an effect of ocean variability, which says nothing about global warming.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WhiteTrash NFL Fans 9 hr Libs Are Dumb 14
Black Eye For The FBI! 13 hr Davycrockett 7
Davycrockett Trash 16 hr Space ace 9
Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect ... 23 hr Davycrockett 9
The Congo Wed DavidCrocketBlitzer 4
Hillary is a Hot Mess Wed okimar 17
Shepard Smith Wed The Elk Hunter 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance