Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35576 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30752 Jan 3, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like another conspiracy to me.....
BTW where did you get the 5 million figure?
Don't enable him. He doesn't need any encouragement.. Conspiracy Theorists are self winding..
bligh

Freehold, NJ

#30753 Jan 3, 2014
Owl Gore wrote:
Unlikely Skeptic: A Liberal Environmentalist Challenges Global Warming Theory
Dr. Denis Rancourt speaks to Marc Morano on his views on the politics and science of global warming. "They look to comfortable lies" says Rancourt with regard to global warming believers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VWVXarkPOAoXX
Physicist Dr. Denis Rancourt, a former professor and environmental science researcher at the University of Ottawa, has officially bailed out of the man-made global warming movement.
In a hard-hitting and exclusive new exclusive video just released by Climate Depot, Dr. Rancourt declares that the entire man-made global warming movement is nothing more than a "corrupt social phenomenon." "It is as much psychological and social phenomenon as anything else," Rancourt, who has published peer-reviewed research, explained in a June 8, 2010 essay.
Denis Rancourt was a tenured physics professor at the University of Ottawa, Canada; however, as a direct result of his commitment to activist teaching at his university, on December 10, 2008, he was being placed under administrative suspension and banned from campus, with the Dean of the Faculty of Science recommending that he be fired.
His most cited works are in the area of Mössbauer spectroscopy where he developed a spectral lineshape analysis algorithm. In recent years, he has worked on reactive environmental Fe-oxyhydroxide nanoparticles and on iron cycling (see iron cycle) in soils. In 2008, his laboratory found evidence that the structure of ferrihydrite, which was first published in Science, is incorrect.
In June 2011 University of Ottawa law professor Joanne St. Lewis sued Rancourt for $1 million over several U of O Watch blog posts about her.

So this guy Rancourt is a disillusioned fired teacher, who in combination with a Exxon funded political lobbyist Marc Moron made a stupid video and put it on u-tube. So What!

To avoid confusion Rancourt’s 2010 essay is not peer reviewed or published.
Randourt was kicked out of Ottawa
While employed his research was environmental….but not about global warming.

Do your homework before you post crap.
litesong

Everett, WA

#30754 Jan 3, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Don't enable him. He doesn't need any encouragement.. Conspiracy Theorists are self winding..
My grandpa, if he had a particular day he wasn't active, would sit in his easy chair at the end of the day, & move his arm rotationally to wind his self-winding watch.

Libetarians(lazy re-pubic-lick-uns) most certainly don't need any encouragement to get up from their "sleeping dogs" position.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#30755 Jan 3, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandpa, if he had a particular day he wasn't active, would sit in his easy chair at the end of the day, & move his arm rotationally to wind his self-winding watch.
Libetarians(lazy re-pubic-lick-uns) most certainly don't need any encouragement to get up from their "sleeping dogs" position.
"libetarians" generally support your right to sit around smoking pot while pecking away inane rants on your pc all day every day, socialist runt.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#30756 Jan 3, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>"libetarians " generally support your right to sit around smoking pot while pecking away inane rants on your pc all day every day, socialist runt.
writedownthemuddle is back refreshed from his holiday. Can't be long before heavytune turns up.
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30757 Jan 3, 2014
Setting records for COLD temps.

Global Warming means GLOBAL WARMING.

Guess it's NOT Global Warming after all.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30758 Jan 3, 2014
Laura wrote:
Setting records for COLD temps.
Global Warming means GLOBAL WARMING.
Guess it's NOT Global Warming after all.
You just set the record for the most idiotic post on Topix.

Keep it up. LOL.
litesong

Everett, WA

#30759 Jan 3, 2014
litesong wrote:
"lubba-tear-ee-uns(lazy re-pubic-lick-uns) most certainly don't need any encouragement to get up from their "sleeping dogs" position.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" gushed:
"lubba-tear-ee-uns" generally support your right to smoking pot.....
//////////
litesong wrote:
Correction:
"lubba-tear-ee-uns"( lazy re-pubic-lick-uns) support a "sleeping dogs" position, while smoking pot.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30760 Jan 3, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Government makes freedom possible, dodo.
You don't believe anarchy is freedom from government? Human will makes freedom possible, our rights transcend government, organization or affiliation.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#30762 Jan 3, 2014
So where is this supposed global warming happening?
.
United States National Weather Service has predicted for Monday in Minnesota that the low for the weather that day will be -30s. With the windchill to be in the -50s.
.
Highest temp expected that day is to be a -15.
.
Due to this, the Minnesota Governor has CANCELLED public schools across the entire state..
.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3268147.shtml... This is the first time a Minnesota governor has closed schools in response to cold weather since January 1997, when former Gov. Arne Carlson canceled schools as temperatures plunged to 32 below in the Twin Cities. Carlson also closed schools in January 1994 and February 1996.
.
As well this bit: It is blizzard conditions across North Dakota currently.
.
So, for you global warming alarmists. Where is this supposed warming happening again?
Duh

United States

#30763 Jan 3, 2014
Sure could use some of that global warming here today. I guess I will have to wait till March for the globe to heat up again.
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30764 Jan 3, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe anarchy is freedom from government?
Sure. But that sort of freedom only last until the sociopaths start enslaving everybody. Then you need to organize a resistance to ensure basic freedoms and voila, you have a government again.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Human will makes freedom possible, our rights transcend government, organization or affiliation.
Then why have you allowed a totalitarian fascism to rule the USA? Passivity? Too lazy? Too easily led? Freedom is not easy.. but government can give you a decent amount of freedom for all under rule of law. It restrains those who would take absolute power. The problem is in getting people to realize when they are becoming enslaved by the 'boiled frog' method, i.e. gradual erosion of the lack of privacy by the NSA and the repressive screening in transport carriers, etc etc.

The average citizen is now too busy and too poor to participate in government or even revolution so the regime has total power. This cannot help but get worse if the public does nothing about TAKING BACK CONTROL by reforms to election spending, election rules, lobbying access and breaking up the mega-corporations that fund the 'rich boys club' of politics.
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30765 Jan 3, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You just set the record for the most idiotic post on Topix.
Keep it up. LOL.
You just set the record for the most idiotic post on Topix.

Keep it up. LOL.
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30766 Jan 3, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
So where is this supposed global warming happening?
.
United States National Weather Service has predicted for Monday in Minnesota that the low for the weather that day will be -30s. With the windchill to be in the -50s.
.
Highest temp expected that day is to be a -15.
.
Due to this, the Minnesota Governor has CANCELLED public schools across the entire state..
.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3268147.shtml... This is the first time a Minnesota governor has closed schools in response to cold weather since January 1997, when former Gov. Arne Carlson canceled schools as temperatures plunged to 32 below in the Twin Cities. Carlson also closed schools in January 1994 and February 1996.
.
As well this bit: It is blizzard conditions across North Dakota currently.
.
So, for you global warming alarmists. Where is this supposed warming happening again?
Gov Macy is kinda goofy..

Watch a cow in the cold, they turn their arse into the wind. If ya avoid the wind -15 ain't cold.

BUT your Global warming point is well taken.
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30767 Jan 3, 2014
Duh wrote:
Sure could use some of that global warming here today. I guess I will have to wait till March for the globe to heat up again.
Duuuhhh is right. He is the ultimate in duhhh.. Even more duh than most denialists. Note how he confuses the USA with 'the globe'? As usual he doesn't mention record high temperatures in the southern hemisphere. Typical USA citizen wondering about 'other countries' he has heard about but doesn't believe in. If there were any other countries, wouldn't the Bible tell him?
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30768 Jan 3, 2014
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
You just set the record for the most idiotic post on Topix.
Keep it up. LOL.
Nobody can possibly compare to your record. Please stop..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30769 Jan 3, 2014
Duh wrote:
Sure could use some of that global warming here today. I guess I will have to wait till March for the globe to heat up again.
Are you a sibling of Laura? Do you think your winter location is the globe?

If you are joking about global warming, you are not funny.
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30770 Jan 3, 2014
Is the USA on the globe?

YES!

"Global Warming" means the ENTIRE GLOBE is WARMING!!

IT ISN'T WARMING!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30771 Jan 3, 2014
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov Macy is kinda goofy..
Watch a cow in the cold, they turn their arse into the wind. If ya avoid the wind -15 ain't cold.
BUT your Global warming point is well taken.
Your record is held, don't you worry.

How can you approve another "idiot" about AGW? Because you are ONE!
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30772 Jan 3, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your record is held, don't you worry.
How can you approve another "idiot" about AGW? Because you are ONE!
Your record is held, don't you worry.

How can you approve another "idiot" about AGW? Because you are ONE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Mon LIbEralS 526
Vote for Hillary Sun Cruel Hillary 8
the NON affordable care act (Oct '13) Aug 27 LIbEralS 280
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug 26 Cary Cottle 5
Welcome To Minnesota Mr. Trump Aug 20 LIbEralS 3
News Prison sentence for notable defense attorney Sa... (May '11) Aug 19 Post them 19
Obama paid Ransom for Hostages to Iran Aug 19 achtung RAPHAN 8

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages