Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
28,041 - 28,060 of 32,482 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30665 Dec 19, 2013
wrongtune wrote:
I have more education in my little fingernail, than you have in your entire body....... and you owe 'lau RANT' an apology.
You must have taken the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Continuing Education in Foot and Nail Care.

"lau RANT" owes herself an eddy-kation in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc. Don't worry. "lau RANT" is just warming up her racist face.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30666 Dec 19, 2013
lau RANT wrote:
There is NO Global Warming!!
Corn Palace!!
Black Hills!!
Siberian warm fronts push hard into the NP region warming the high Arctic strongly above normal. Simultaneously, the warm fronts push cold Arctic airs to the south. Multiple areas south the Arctic Circle have plummeted multiple times to deadly -40 to -45degC(-40 to -49degF) temperatures, as Arctic fronts continue south, blanketing Canada & the U.S. in cold, while even suppressing temperatures in Mexico.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30667 Dec 19, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Siberian warm fronts push hard into the NP region warming the high Arctic strongly above normal. Simultaneously, the warm fronts push cold Arctic airs to the south. Multiple areas south the Arctic Circle have plummeted multiple times to deadly -40 to -45degC(-40 to -49degF) temperatures, as Arctic fronts continue south, blanketing Canada & the U.S. in cold, while even suppressing temperatures in Mexico.
So it's Global Cooling...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#30668 Dec 19, 2013
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not if you look at the globe.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/nma...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
U dont know Duck

Da Nang, Vietnam

#30669 Dec 20, 2013
here is kids thinking @ Almanac! ;-000

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
U dont know Duck

Da Nang, Vietnam

#30670 Dec 20, 2013
& onjoyment yo Atlas!;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30671 Dec 20, 2013
litesong wrote:
//////////
"lau RANT" ranted!
//////////
Fair Game wrote:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/nma ...
//////////
litesong wrote:
Thanks "Fair Game".......... for showing a graph that states the same thing I posted!
As for "lau RANT", her bias blazes forth, seeing "global cooling" in my statement, altho I mention strong Siberian & NP warming. "lau RANT" will show further bias in her future posts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30672 Dec 20, 2013
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
"lau RANT" ranted!
//////////
Fair Game wrote:
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/nma ...
//////////
litesong wrote:
Thanks "Fair Game".......... for showing a graph that states the same thing I posted!
As for "lau RANT", her bias blazes forth, seeing "global cooling" in my statement, altho I mention strong Siberian & NP warming. "lau RANT" will show further bias in her future posts.
It's comforting to know I am the ONLY person showing BIAS!

Ya right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30673 Dec 24, 2013
lau-RANT wrote:
So........ what part of "Siberian warm fronts push hard into the NP region warming the high Arctic strongly above normal" did you not understand?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30674 Dec 24, 2013
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't win the argument so you switch to "climate".
You dumb MFer can't understand "Globe". As in Global warming, it means the entire GLOBE dumb phock.
Back to school for you, best start at pre-school and get it right this time. None of this Mooslim education.
See what you get for your reasonableness, LHMF?

You should tell her that you shit in the milk of her "entire globe".
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30675 Dec 24, 2013
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comforting to know I am the ONLY person showing BIAS!
Ya right.
All you've got is noise.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30676 Dec 24, 2013
It WOULD have been cheaper to reduce fossil fuel beginning with Jimmy Carter, but now, it truly may do what deniers fear most. Reducung fossil fuel use now COULD have very serious economic consequences.

And fossil is the stronger player, and will continue to tilt the rules and the scales of justice against a much smaller and weaker green energy movement. Only a massive transfer of capital and attitude can save the world in which we lived.

And realistically, being Americans, already so rich and isolated, we will suffer less, our children will suffer less, than the average farmer in the Mekong delta or the marshes of the Ganges. It is more a moral than physical issue with us, though we will have certain of our citizens who will suffer badly. Are we strong enough, cold and callous enough, to watch the rest of the world die?

So, two denier myths appear to be coming to fruition. It's too hard and we can adapt. Yes, it's apparently too hard for Americans to change. And not only can we adapt, but we will be forced to.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#30677 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas to all! Peace on Earth and goodwill toward all.
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30678 Dec 24, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
It WOULD have been cheaper to reduce fossil fuel beginning with Jimmy Carter, but now, it truly may do what deniers fear most. Reducung fossil fuel use now COULD have very serious economic consequences.
And fossil is the stronger player, and will continue to tilt the rules and the scales of justice against a much smaller and weaker green energy movement. Only a massive transfer of capital and attitude can save the world in which we lived.
And realistically, being Americans, already so rich and isolated, we will suffer less, our children will suffer less, than the average farmer in the Mekong delta or the marshes of the Ganges. It is more a moral than physical issue with us, though we will have certain of our citizens who will suffer badly. Are we strong enough, cold and callous enough, to watch the rest of the world die?
So, two denier myths appear to be coming to fruition. It's too hard and we can adapt. Yes, it's apparently too hard for Americans to change. And not only can we adapt, but we will be forced to.
Well the USA is a great contributer of food to the needy nations. We could contribute more IF we weren't feeding the ethenol (sp?) industry to "reduce oil consumption" another "green" initiative that had Mexicans protesting because of the lack of corn for tacos. But the green creeps continue to force greenenergy solutions onto industry and industry responds. So we burn up corn for transportation.

It's sad but much starvation cannot be prevented because of dictatorships like Cuba and North Korea, them folk will just live on hard times. You can lead them to water but can't make 'em drink.

There are clean coal burners in production and with reductions in consumption the USA is able to provide our own oil, who said it would never happen?

The green movement is not weak and continues to throttle US economy in ways you don't even recognize.

Time to go to church.

Merry Christmas to all and Good Will to Men!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30679 Dec 24, 2013
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the USA is a great contributer of food to the needy nations.
It turns out that this is not the actual case. Most food goes into USAID programs. USAID is not free. It is sold. The acronym SOUNDS like it is an AID program but in truth it is

United States Agency for International Development\

a program to 'industrialize' poor nations by selling them technology and materials. It generally sells it at a premium too. In the last Sahel drought, they forced the countries (IMF loan only on buying from USAID) to buy GM contaminated corn for about eight times what it would have cost to bring non-contaminated corn in from India's surpluses.

Almost ALL 'foreign aid' in the US is military equipment to repressive regimes such as Egypt and Israel, along with some funding to dismantle nuclear weapons in Russia. Only about 15% of the total goes to 'humanitarian aid' and that mostly for thinks like the disaster in Indonesia, or the Japanese tsunami. And that is 15% of a VERY small pile. The US is one of the stingiest countries on the basis of foreign aid by the government. Some is made up by non government agencies.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30680 Dec 25, 2013
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the USA is a great contributer of food to the needy nations. We could contribute more IF we weren't feeding the ethenol (sp?) industry to "reduce oil consumption" another "green" initiative that had Mexicans protesting because of the lack of corn for tacos. But the green creeps continue to force greenenergy solutions onto industry and industry responds. So we burn up corn for transportation.
It's sad but much starvation cannot be prevented because of dictatorships like Cuba and North Korea, them folk will just live on hard times. You can lead them to water but can't make 'em drink.
There are clean coal burners in production and with reductions in consumption the USA is able to provide our own oil, who said it would never happen?
The green movement is not weak and continues to throttle US economy in ways you don't even recognize.
Time to go to church.
Merry Christmas to all and Good Will to Men!!
You're wrong in so many ways.

Ethanol from corn was a bad idea; ethanol from switchgrass would have been better. Corn producers (Big Ag) lobbied and paid for corn to be used though. That's corporations, not "green creeps".

The starvation in Darfur has been caused by climate change and lack of stable government.
Food insecurity in the US is caused mainly by Republicunts. No one in Cuba is starving.

Tell us about these clean coal burners. Everybody wants one for Christmas. And US oil production equals about 25% of US consumption; how is that even close to providing our own oil?

No, the green movement is not weak, that's not what I said. I said it was the weaker of the two. And for an economy that's being throttled, it's doing very well. You don't keep up with the news? Maybe you watch that comedy network, Fox.

You need to go to school more than you do to church.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#30681 Dec 25, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>.
More reason to ignore zealots.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30682 Dec 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
More reason to ignore zealots.
We ARE (mostly) ignoring you. Nuff said.
Laura

Minneapolis, MN

#30683 Dec 25, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong in so many ways.
Ethanol from corn was a bad idea; ethanol from switchgrass would have been better. Corn producers (Big Ag) lobbied and paid for corn to be used though. That's corporations, not "green creeps".
The starvation in Darfur has been caused by climate change and lack of stable government.
Food insecurity in the US is caused mainly by Republicunts. No one in Cuba is starving.
Tell us about these clean coal burners. Everybody wants one for Christmas. And US oil production equals about 25% of US consumption; how is that even close to providing our own oil?
No, the green movement is not weak, that's not what I said. I said it was the weaker of the two. And for an economy that's being throttled, it's doing very well. You don't keep up with the news? Maybe you watch that comedy network, Fox.
You need to go to school more than you do to church.
I thought it was Global Warming?

Is Darfur getting warmer OR cooler?
MStereotype

Bay Springs, MS

#30685 Dec 25, 2013
yew shouldn't oughter talk to a lady like that, caveman.

She might jus be a dumb housewife and cant help it...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 45 min Wendall 5
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 47 min Wendall 10
No mention of radical Islam in FBI threat report 54 min Herb 2
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 1 hr Herb 70
ISIS eyes Mexican border, says bulletin 1 hr Herb 7
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 3 hr Go Blue Forever 23
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 8 hr redeemer 19
•••
•••
•••