Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37504 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mothra

United States

#30572 Dec 15, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie. And from Forbes (Heritage Institute's 'hide in plain sight' outlet)?
You really are insipid sophistry all right.
"Hide the decline"

d'Oh!
litesong

Everett, WA

#30573 Dec 15, 2013
lau-rant wrote:
IF it's global warming then why would it ever get colder?
Initially, AGW is very subtle, but always in the warming direction. Cyclical weather & short-term climate ups & downs easily mask the warming........ specially for short-sighted toxic topix AGW deniers, who have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
litesong

Everett, WA

#30574 Dec 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]We've seen 1,000ppm CO2.......[/QUOTE]

........"lyin' brian" advocates for 1000+ppm CO2. Poorly circulated interiors with many people would then go to 5000-6000ppm, & some people would have breathing difficulties. "lyin' brian" don't care. "lyin' brian" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
MStereotype

Bay Springs, MS

#30575 Dec 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
<quoted text>
Down with climate alarmism, up with truth. We've seen 1,000ppm CO2 with ice and snowpack on the poles. Climate changes, such is life.
NO. IDIOT.

I was not asking for proof that he said it, but rather proof that WHAT he said was a lie. DO YOU HAVE PROOF OF THAT?

Sometimes you really are thicker than a brick!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30577 Dec 15, 2013
You will feel it in your wallet first.
As more dry spells turn into long-term drought, corn and wheat will wither. Prices will rise.
As more cold weather assaults those areas unaccustomed to it, citrus trees will freeze to death and more oil and gas and coal will be burned. Prices will rise.
As more thunderstorms, with their attendant flooding and tornadoes, hit more and more insurance companies, more and more often, they will feel the need to raise their premiums. Prices will rise. You will be paying more deductibles; you will probably want to raise them.
You can deny global warming all you want to; it doesn’t care. Climate change, caused by a warming atmosphere and oceans and massive amounts of ice melt, cannot feel anything. It happens. And we are the cause.
If you have heard that global warming is a hoax, or that the climate changed before man, I am not surprised. The powers that control our access to power have long waged a war of disinformation, doubt, and outright lies to maintain their positions and profits. For us to change may kill them. Our friends at BP and Exxon, at Duke Energy and Southern Company, are fighting for their lives.
The best thing you can do right now, my friend, is take your money while you still have it, and invest in a solar electrical system. A home-scale wind turbine or waterwheel would help, too. You may have to switch to natural gas. You definitely need to insulate and weatherstrip. You’re going to need all the money you can get just to pay your bills. And if you don’t have much money, well, you’re shafted again.
I’m no whiz-kid or climate scientist, but I can observe, and I can think. What I am giving you here is a humanitarian warning, out of my love for humankind, as bad as we can be, that you had better get ready. I’m no doomsday prophet either, but I am a realist. Hard times are coming. Be prepared.
Global warming isn’t a god. It doesn’t care whether you believe in it or not. It just is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30578 Dec 15, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hide the decline"
d'Oh!
Your decline is in no way hidden.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

United States

#30579 Dec 15, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take lessons from warmists.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#30580 Dec 15, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that not learning from others is part of your nature. Just part of the decline I assume.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#30581 Dec 15, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sun's Current Solar Activity Cycle Is Weakest in a Century:
The sun's current space-weather cycle is the most anemic in 100 years, scientists say.
Our star is now at "solar maximum," the peak phase of its 11-year activity cycle. But this solar max is weak, and the overall current cycle, known as Solar Cycle 24, conjures up comparisons to the famously feeble Solar Cycle 14 in the early 1900s, researchers said.
"None of us alive have ever seen such a weak cycle. So we will learn something," Leif Svalgaard of Stanford University told reporters here today (Dec. 11) at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union.
http://www.space.com/23934-weak-solar-cycle-s...
The sun's output 600 million years ago was 5% lower than today.

By comparison, the recent weak cycle represents a 0.1% reduction in output.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

United States

#30582 Dec 16, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that not learning from others is part of your nature. Just part of the decline I assume.
<yawn>

Warmists' insults are so tedious. I wonder from what "science" class they learned that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#30583 Dec 16, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
You will feel it in your wallet first.
Then it must have been happening for several years now...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#30584 Dec 16, 2013
Climate alarmists' search for proof going cold:

Recall global warming hysteria’s halcyon days? Just 13 years ago, Dr. David Viner, senior scientist at Britain’s University of East Anglia’s climatic research unit, confidently predicted that, within a few years, winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event.”

“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said.
Of course, that doesn’t mesh with what happened. This past October, the UK Express headlined,“Worst winter for decades: Record-breaking snow predicted for November.”

By the end of November, Brits were shivering,“as Britain faces snow, ice and plummeting temperatures,” reported the Mirror newspaper.“Most of Scotland has been issued severe weather warnings for ice, and temperatures are expected to remain low, causing problems with snow and ice across the country.” Winter yet lay ahead.

We shouldn’t pick on Great Britain. There is plenty of global warming foolishness here at home. Recall James Hansen, global warming guru whose alarmist campaign was underwritten by his NASA paycheck. By the 2020s, Hansen predicted in 1986, the U.S. average annual temperature would rise 9 degrees Fahrenheit, or more, and up to 3 degrees by the 2010s.

A funny thing happened on the way to the 2010s and 2020s. It didn’t get so hot. In fact, depending on which data set you use, it probably has cooled down for 17 years.

A recent explanation for this pause (if not reversal), was offered in a scientific paper blaming the El Niño Pacific Ocean warming in 1997-98 for triggering the hiatus.

As the theory goes, El Niño caused a large heat transfer from deep in the ocean to the surface, which cooled the waters below. Since then, according to the theory, heat has been reabsorbed from the upper ocean, in turn cooling the atmosphere. Maybe. Maybe not.

There’s no shortage of inventive excuses for why things aren’t so hot, including, incredibly, China’s increased use of coal, even though “dirty” fossil fuel is supposed to increase, not decrease temperatures.

Implicit in this “where-did-the-heat-go” shell game is an inconvenient reality.

Climatologist Roger Pielke Sr., University of Colorado, Boulder, professor emeritus of Atmospheric Science, says, if correct, the ocean paper means,“the end of surface temperature trends as the icon of global warming.”

If so, that’s a game changer for the climate wars.

If surface temperatures lose their credibility (and we side with those who long have said that’s the case), WHERE will alarmists point to prove their point?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/warming-59...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30585 Dec 16, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it must have been happening for several years now...
Bingo, Sherlock!
litesong

Everett, WA

#30586 Dec 16, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
//////////
motheaten muffed:
//////////
litesong wrote:
There's the reason for motheaten's decline.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

United States

#30587 Dec 17, 2013
litesong wrote:
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Still proving to all you're a useful idiot, I see.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#30588 Dec 17, 2013
Global temperature has in recent years increased more slowly than before, but this is within the normal natural variability that always exists, and also within the range of predictions by climate models – even despite some cool forcing factors such as the deep solar minimum not included in the models. There is therefore no reason to find the models faulty. There is also no reason to expect less warming in the future – in fact, perhaps rather the opposite as the climate system will catch up again due its natural oscillations, e.g. when the Pacific decadal oscillation swings back to its warm phase. Even now global temperatures are very high again – in the GISS data, with an anomaly of + 0.77 °C November was warmer than the previous record year of 2010 (+ 0.67 °), and it was the warmest November on record since 1880.
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...

It is all about heat as the oceans are storing heat in their depths.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#30589 Dec 17, 2013
motheaten wrote:
......you're a useful idiot.....
I'm not stopping you from constructing your peer-reviewed toxic topix AGW science paper that will cause thousands of AGW scientists, who have 10-16 years more science & mathematics training than you do, to say, "I should have thought of that!".

Maybe you did write the science paper. But the moths who ate your clothes(& brain?), also ate your paper.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30590 Dec 17, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not stopping you from constructing your peer-reviewed toxic topix AGW science paper that will cause thousands of AGW scientists, who have 10-16 years more science & mathematics training than you do, to say, "I should have thought of that!".
Maybe you did write the science paper. But the moths who ate your clothes(& brain?), also ate your paper.
WTH are you babbling about now?

Never mind... your answer would be more puerile gibberish.

Go troll elsewhere.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#30591 Dec 17, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH are you babbling about now?
Never mind... your answer would be more puerile gibberish.
Go troll elsewhere.
lmao!!

What a juvenile idiot..... that litesong troll.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30592 Dec 17, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lmao!!
What a juvenile idiot..... that litesong troll.
And yet he's tolerated by all the other warmists.

Notice how they never criticize their own?

Critical thinkers find that odd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Franken's record, sized up (Oct '14) 5 hr Bill Clinton 62
Dimocraps still crying Russia 7 hr cadescove99 10
Ted nugent awesome song 7 hr The Lumber Jack 7
Will This Finish Off The NFL? 9 hr Cat Fan 2
Al Frankin remains the actual sexiest man alive 11 hr Libby 2
QB Jameis Winson accused of groping Uber driver 12 hr Franken for Presi... 3
Puerto Rico 13 hr The Lumber Jack 5

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance